Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge (6643 Views)

Similarities Between Skelewu And Party Rock Anthem Videos / Tiwa Savage Sings The National Anthem / Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by mukina2: 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2006
most of us are now in 'adopted ' countries

so we have forgotten our national anthems and pledges,

i remember mine do you?
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by superb(m): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2006
what a funny question,Mukina2.such things shoudn't be forgotten.now let me see,
NATIONAL ANTHEM
arise o compatriots
nigerias call obey
to serve our fatherland
with love and strength and faith
the labour of our heroes past
shall never be in vain
to serve with heart and might
one nation bound in freedom
peace and unity

second stanza:
o God of creation
direct our noble cause
guide our leaders right
help our youth the truth to know
in love and honesty to grow
and living just and true
great lofty heights attain
to build a nation where peace
and justice shall reign

the pledge
i pledge to nigeria my country
to be faithful loyal and honest
to serve nigeria with all my strength
to defend our unity
and uphold her honour and glory
so help me God

the old national anthem
Nigeria we hail thee
our own dear native land
though tribe and tongue may differ
in brotherhood we stand
nigerians are proud to serve
our sovereign motherland
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by dolliepie(f): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2006
dide eyin ara,
wa je pe naijiria
bla bla, i cant believe i forgot so soon.

can anyone recite d national anthem for me in yoruba lang pls?
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by naijadiva2(f): 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2006
i don't know america's nor nigeria's.
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by lizzy(f): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2006
i fink i still know it, but am not dat sure of it, now am gonna tell me mum to teach me very well.
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by Free(f): 2:18am On Oct 11, 2006
Yep
i can recite my countrys national anthem and pledge

Anthem
God bless my homeland ghana
and make our nation great and strong
bold to defend 4 ever the cause of freedom and of right
fill out hearts with tru humility make us cherish fearless honesty,
and help us to resist oppressors' rule
With all our will and might for evermore

theres a second part dont know that by heart yet grin

Pledge
I promise on my honour to be faithful and loyal to
Ghana my motherland.
I pledge myself to the service of Ghana with
all my strength and with all my heart.
I promise to hold in high esteem our heritage,
won for us through the blood and toil of our fathers; and
I pledge myself in all things to uphold and defend the good name of Ghana.
So help me God.
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by Oracle(m): 3:26am On Oct 11, 2006
I would have not just recited but sang our Anthem but Superb has done that for me.

You people would have felt the color of my voice grin grin
oopsy, itz sound of my voice cheesy
sorry for the mistake
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by mukina2: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2006
I can recite my national anthem and pledge.

High we exalt thee, realm of the free;
Great is the love we have for thee;
Firmly united ever we stand,
Singing thy praise, O native land.
We raise up our hearts and our voices on high,
The hills and the valleys re-echo our cry;
Blessing and peace be ever thine own,
Land that we love, our Sierra Leone.

I pledge my love and loyalty to my country Sierra Leone;I vow to serve her faithfully at all times;I promise to defend her honour and good name;Always work for her unity peace, freedom and prosperity;And put her interest above all else.So help me God
Re: Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge by iice(f): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2006
Yeah i can recite my national anthem and pledge, no matter where i go or how many years i may spend from home, i will always remember it. Its just something at the back of my head especially after reciting it how many times in secondary school. I doubt i will forget it anytime soon grin

(1) (Reply)

Download Kanye West Ft Lil Pump And Adele I Love It Instrumental / Make Love In This Club By Usher Raymond / Is Nicki Minaj Missing Her Man Or A Man ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.