Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria (34127 Views)

Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / Evolution Of Cars: What They Look Like Then Vs Now. / 8 Categories Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by gaussy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
Bose253:

Thanks wink

It seems you like the Benz Classics wink
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
vizkiz:

even for kofose market sef grin

Hahaha. Na soo. Meanwhile all those lasma belle don big finish untop money whey dem dey collect from these people.
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by vizkiz: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:

Hahaha. Na soo. Meanwhile all those lasma belle don big finish untop money whey dem dey collect from these people.

Lasma business is a good business cheesy
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by gaussy(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Denn:
I am not old and i drive this.

Nice ride mate cheesy

I also drive the coupe of it

1 Like

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
mytime24:
wich model
Toyota Celica SUPRA
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by TINCAN(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Datsun
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by 9jatatafo(m): 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
I will add tuketuke and first lady. Peugeot 404 is not left out
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
friends4ever:

Black Marie
Datsun 120 Y grin

Lol which one be that?
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:

Na those old model toyota I fit talk oo. Especially those hiace.

Meanwhile urvan too dey oo
Toyota Celica SUPRA. THIS CAR FAMOUS THOSE DAYS NA
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by mikron(m): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Add Bedford, panervan and old land Rover and range Rover,
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by mytime24(f): 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonofananimal:
Toyota Celica SUPRA
dunno it, shld b old skool i guess

1 Like

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
AlienStar:
Wristbangle u n list eh!

Lol. Abi oo alien
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
mytime24:
yeap. Very old. Around 198s
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
that 1 with 2 Natural Tyres.. don't run on fuel or water or diesel or engine oil, doesn't break down. No mechanic is need, no panel beater, no painter. Infact, the list is 2 much..

No mechanic ke? Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
mikron:
Add Bedford, panervan and old land Rover and range Rover,

Panervan.. I remember that old series car.
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by benitwater(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
no be 2 is d bomb,peogout 504,get am like say we get shares for their company.
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
I guess I'm an old man by the OP's definition. grin

#teamw123
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
pheyikemi:
You forgot to add "agbegilodo", dem sabi drive the thing well well @ a very high speed of 20km/hr cheesy cheesy, with a very thick black cloud of smoke trailing behind.

Hahahahaha. I remember oo
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Uchwilliam(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by mikron(m): 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:

Panervan.. I remember that old series car.
exactly
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tonnniey:
Na with prayer and fasting we use collect my dad's old peugot 504. grin

grin grin
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by lastpage: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:
[i]Speaking of automobile industry, the past recorded cars manufactured at different countries holding some interesting memories about the shape, design and nick name tag to these cars.

In Nigeria today, some of these cars are still seen on the road even though it's almost extinct but most time such cars are being driven by old men.

Such cars are as follows;
2. Peugeot 504

This car reigned in Nigeria for decades due to its strong body metal and compatibility to our bad roads. It is only old men you see driving this car nowadays with huge "agbada" attire.

You be real "children of nowadays"!

How dare you start at Peugeot 504?
My Dad had a 204 in 1970 before he upgraded to a 404 about 5yrs later!
That 404 was the 'bomb' in those days!
Any fine gaal will definitely fall for Alaye Baba whenever he decides to paint town! grin grin
I cant find the "actual pix" of old man's own because there were not much cameras around not to mention Camera-phones in those days (you have to book "photographer" some days earlier, if you needed to take a pix and the ceremony was enormous!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by dapsonlou(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
4. Benz 80-98 model

In the olden days, anybody that is using Mercedes benz is automatically tag a big man even up till now. It is only old men most especially "baale or babalawo" you still see driving the model 80-98 series. Atimes you see the car plate number customised with their local name.

[/quote]

#4 is so on Point, all the omo oni le that's making money own a 1992 Vboot padded and 1998 ML320. The man Who Sold me My Land at 10family Drives a Vboot with Customized plates " The Jagunmolu of Egbaland. I see one In Ikeja too "The Chief Imam of Something
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
mytime24:

mytime, which one old men dey use 4 ur side?
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by dapsonlou(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
mejai:
Volvo 240/244 D. akpuruka....otimkpu

Only in my Village you see Rich old men Still using Volvo 240, clean with no Scratches lol. Volvo 760 too
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
lastpage:

You be real "children of nowadays"!

How dare you start at Peugeot 504?
My Dad had a 204 in 1970 before he upgraded to a 404 about 5yrs later!
That 404 was the 'bomb' in those days!
Any fine gaal will definitely fall for Alaye Baba whenever he decides to paint town! grin grin
I cant find the "actual pix" of old man's own because there were not much cameras around not to mention Camera-phones in those days (you have to book "photographer" some days earlier, if you needed to take a pix and the ceremony was enormous!

Lastpage!

Baba, I am only referring to cars old men are driving na. I know 404 is among and that is why I indicated it on my write up that people should add to the list.
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by wristbangle: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
dapsonlou:

4. Benz 80-98 model

In the olden days, anybody that is using Mercedes benz is automatically tag a big man even up till now. It is only old men most especially "baale or babalawo" you still see driving the model 80-98 series. Atimes you see the car plate number customised with their local name.

#4 is so on Point, all the omo oni le that's making money own a 1992 Vboot padded and 1998 ML320. The man Who Sold me My Land at 10family Drives a Vboot with Customized plates " The Jagunmolu of Egbaland. I see one In Ikeja too "The Chief Imam of Something

Lmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by mytime24(f): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:

mytime, which one old men dey use 4 ur side?
dis1 grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by fizdonchampion(m): 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Volvo nko?
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
wristbangle:
Mhizdeedy, why are u on stealth mode?

Lol m I? cheesy
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Octaves(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
My dad loves him some Volvo. He would always tell us about how his subaru was one of the first FWDs that ever set tire on Nigeria
Re: 8 Category Of Cars Old Men Drive In Nigeria by Octaves(m): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
My dad loves him some Volvo. He would always tell us about how his 1979 subaru was one of the first FWDs that ever set tire on Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Words Used To Describe Cars? / Between Honda Accord V-tech And Honda Accord Dx,ex, Lx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.