Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039582 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by vickyehi: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
Attached is the letter of support written by my husband to support my open work permit application
[/quote]

Pls how did u value the property you had for the affidavit. .....
and did u still need to submit the document of the landed property with the affidavit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Seun2bad: 3:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Helo guys,nw here...wel nt dt nw I hav been a ghost reader. Jst want 2 say I applied for my Study permit on 2nd of December nd gt it on 26th of January. Wish u al sucess in ur application.

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hildarela: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
MaryLaw1:

@ hildarela, easyventurs, eridemilade, executivegej and all the house thank you.

Submitted : 13th Sept 2015 (VFs) paper
E medical: up front medical (hubby& 1)

My husband (primary Applicant) Study visa and Open work visa for me (dependant)
• Canadian University Admission Letter (Meng Electrical Engineering ) Husband
• Employment Letter (Husband)
• GRE and Toefl
• Certificates and transcripts (Both of us)
• SOP ( husband )
• Bank statement up to ($ 34,000). It depends on your school fees though you need up to have one year school fees & 10,000 as the primary applicant and additional $4,000 if you are travelling with a dependent,+ $ 4,000 for two dependents ..etc (husband)
• Recommendation letter from his employer affirming he will be granted study leave, referencing him as a trust worthy and valuable employee that his company will not want to lose. Stated his experience and expertise in the field of electrical and electronic engineering will stand the university community and his company in a good stead after the completion of his master degree. (Proof he is coming back to his job) Husband
• Three months pay slip (husband)
• wedding certificate
• AFFIDAVIT OF PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCOME AND ASSETS
• Pictures taken together with friends and parents
• (Property) C of O stating our names as the owner
• Lease agreement (in both our names) or ( you can show the rent receipt of an apartment you are living together (both your name must be stated on it).
• letter from our pastor stating we have been attending the church together as a couple and committed to community work
• Our children birth certificates (with both our names as the parents)
• (Wife)My admission letter and registration letter (Master in law student). l submitted that because l am studying. If you are working, you can submit your employment letter or document of a business you own if you are doing business.
• Tax compliance letters
• Finally a letter of support from my husband stating why he needs me to come with him

Please Note:

Your spouse needs to apply as a full time student in a publicly funded college or university to enable you be eligible for open work permit. Preferably, a university though to increase your chance of getting the visa, then you can change to a college if so preferred when you get there. And your propose study must correlate with your qualifications.

Spouses or common-law partners of full-time students [C42]

Note: The provisions outlined for C42 apply only to spouses of students engaged in full-time studies at a Canadian university, community college, CEGEP, publicly funded trade or technical school, or private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Spouses or common-law partners of certain foreign students are allowed to accept employment in the general labour market without the need for an LMIA.

Eligibility

Applicants must provide evidence that they are the spouse or common-law partner of a study permit holder who is a full-time student at
• a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, university, or CEGEP in Quebec,
• a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently, only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify), or
• a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Spouses or common-law partners of full-time students are eligible for open or open/restricted work permits, depending on whether a medical examination has been passed. There is no need for an offer of employment before issuing a work permit.

Validity
Work permits may be issued with a validity date to coincide with the spouse’s study permit.

What is most important to the V O is that you have home ties that will assure them that you coming back after your study.(Your property, children, aged parents or spouse if you are married and not travelling with him/her will convince the V O) but if you are travelling with your spouse it’s better to submit your application together even if she or he will join you later to increase your chance of approval.

Ultimately with plenty of prayers and faith in God. Remember all things are possible with God. l wish you all success in your applications.

Attached is the letter of support written by my husband to support my open work permit application

Thank you very much!
However,, the files failed to download
I'll appreciate if you can send to hildarela@gmail.com
Congrats again

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
hello please can one get admission for Pgd in Canada with HND result
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Royat1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please in the case of affidavit of sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsor. It's it my sponsor that will take it to the court or me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 5:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hello Guys...... Does anyone know any College in Alberta or Ontario whr you dont have to make a huge tuition deposit to keep your seat in the program ($1K or less) also if the schools have management courses with summer (May 2016) start dates. Any1 with information should please help a sister as it's very urgent. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oseni007(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mohawk College
missPay:
Hello Guys...... Does anyone know any College in Alberta or Ontario whr you dont have to make a huge tuition deposit to keep your seat in the program ($1K or less) also if the schools have management courses with summer (May 2016) start dates. Any1 with information should please help a sister as it's very urgent. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
chukwuemeka275:

Can't quite recall the address but the cost was 28k as at last year
I'll fish out the address I hope

Thanx a million
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oseni007:
Mohawk College

Tuition deposit for Mohawk College is $1600cad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Buddie14:
Pls house, can anyone help with the contact details of Q-Life Family Clinic? Can't seem to reach them on the phone numbers provided and I need to book an appointment. I will also like to know if they open on Saturdays and the cost of medicals. Thanx in advance

just find your way to CMS , from CMS board a bus going to eko hotel round about, from eko hotel round about take a napep going to sinari drop at sinari busstop ask for ade odedina street then look for 155a thats where Q-life is. located.
they dont work on weekend days .
you can call this number to book appointment 08113975433
its their receptionist (kemi) number.
best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Buddie14(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
boboyi247:

just find your way to CMS , from CMS board a bus going to eko hotel round about, from eko hotel round about take a napep going to sinari drop at sinari busstop ask for ade odedina street then look for 155a thats where Q-life is. located.
best of luck.

Thank you @boboyi247.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 10:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Online or paper route?

Seun2bad:
Helo guys,nw here...wel nt dt nw I hav been a ghost reader. Jst want 2 say I applied for my Study permit on 2nd of December nd gt it on 26th of January. Wish u al sucess in ur application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by executivegej: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
How much was it?

boboyi247:

best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 12:28am On Feb 01, 2016
Ell707:
Hello everyone. Happy sunday! Im new here. Anyone going to/in conestoga college, Ontario in the house?? got my offer letter for Enhanced Nursing Practice!!! grin

Im gathering my documents for visa processing now! Seems stressful I still dont know wether to do it online or paper?? I have limited time.

I'll be going to Conestoga....... Am already in Canada (Toronto). Applied today for a second course in Conestoga. Wish you d best in your App and lemme know If you need my help.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 12:30am On Feb 01, 2016
Oseni007:
Mohawk College

Thanks.... I already applied to Conestoga as tuition deposit is $1700
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iamosamede55: 12:37am On Feb 01, 2016
iamosamede55:
Hello All,
Pls I will like to know if we have applicants of uottawa in the house? Or anyone who is already studying there. I just sent in my application, I'd like to know the terms and conditions regarding tuition for Uottawa upon getting admission.
Kindly help pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olayemij2: 12:45am On Feb 01, 2016
Gracia, Success in your Exams!!!
MaryLaw1:

Thank you very much,God will grant you all you seek too.Pls,can l email you the list & sop later so l can give you a detailed information. Right now, l am in S A writing an exam. l don't have the sample of the SOP with me.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by boboyi247(m): 6:46am On Feb 01, 2016
executivegej:
How much was it?

28k as at last year
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Seun2bad: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2016
executivegej:
Online or paper route?

Paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2016
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SPRING - MAY 2016)

1 Bheautea: Nov 5, U of W(Winnipeg) UG, Paper
2. Ethan84 : Nov 20, Uni Regina ,UG, Online
3 Niana : Nov 20, U of S, UG, Online, UPFRONT MED, PP REQ
4. nellobaba : Nov 27, carleton Uni, Msc, Online, UPFRONT MED, TRV
5. Yetunde84 : Dec 5, MUN, MSC, Online TRV
6. SAMUELS3 : Dec 29, CIMT , PDG, paper
7.. Loriaidah : Dec 17, U of M , UG paper
8. Afolaseg : Dec 30, Conestoga, PGC , paper
9.. Buddie14 : Jan 8, U of W, PGD, paper

If you have admission and have applied for TRV Please provide the following information :
**Submission date
**Institution
**Mode of submission: Online/Paper **level of study.
BEST WISHES

UPDATED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2016
Yea, there are schools that accept softcopy of transcript for admission review.

dannywest01:
I need help people of great value..my school is killing me. I have paid for transcript to be sent to George brown college since November last year. I went there today and they said their database crashed and they don't have backup so they are still looking for a way around the problem. I have another transcript which I got for the job I was working at previously. I want to know if there is any school that accepts transcript online so I can send it to them. Please urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Oseni007(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2016
Lambton College accept scanned transcript,got my admission with one in 4days
dannywest01:
I need help people of great value..my school is killing me. I have paid for transcript to be sent to George brown college since November last year. I went there today and they said their database crashed and they don't have backup so they are still looking for a way around the problem. I have another transcript which I got for the job I was working at previously. I want to know if there is any school that accepts transcript online so I can send it to them. Please urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2016
Pls house is it advisable to use another bank statement of thesame sponsor. The previous one I used has no enough money in it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2016
Oseni007:
Lambton College accept scanned transcript,got my admission with one in 4days
thank you sir. Looking at the options I have received now. Bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2016
Naykay:
Pls house is it advisable to use another bank statement of thesame sponsor. The previous one I used has no enough money in it.

Yes...Who is your sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2016
will like to chat you u , I ve sent you a message
missPay:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 11:11am On Feb 01, 2016
hello guys, what's is the probability of having a successful application if I submit my document in march for may admission , that will just be 2 months for processing?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Graviton2(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2016
Royat1:
Please in the case of affidavit of sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsor. It's it my sponsor that will take it to the court or me?

Usually, the sponsor gets it done...In Nigeria now anything goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opia12345: 11:13am On Feb 01, 2016
abeg which one is affidavit of sponsorship again
Graviton2:

Usually, the sponsor gets it done...In Nigeria now anything goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 11:48am On Feb 01, 2016
opia12345:
hello guys, what's is the probability of having a successful application if I submit my document in march for may admission , that will just be 2 months for processing?

Normally processing time is about 9weeks, however it can sometimes extend beyond that even though some have gotten there Trv in shorter time. That said its always good to submit earlier so as to prevent unnecessary delays.
All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by missPay: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
opia12345:
will like to chat you u , I ve sent you a message

An having Iss responding to your msg. Lev ur Add and i'l mail you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Naykay: 12:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
Itz ma uncle

Graviton2:

Yes...Who is your sponsor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.