Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037737 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by HartIse(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hello fellow N-Landers, pls ooo, is it true that PayPal doesn't work for Nigerians anymore? I am trying to pay for my GRE on the ETS website with my Firstbank Visa Card to no avail, so I tried to sign up on PayPal but still to no avail. Please who has payed for GRE or TOEFL recently, I need advise plllssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
This link should give you tips on getting a supervisor.
oomapetra:
Hello everyone, my name is ooma, pls I am new to nairaland and a friend of mine tld me dat I can meet pple wit experience here. Well I want 2 do my masters in canada, I want to study molecular and cell biology cos I luv d course. I visited d school (Guelph university) website nd discovered dat one of d requirements is 2 get an advisor. I av sent a couple of mails to some Professors in d department bt am yet 2 receive any response..pls can som1 pls put me through cos am really confused....thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by IyaEjima(f): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

In my opinion, NO! Home tie is something that is so important to you that will compel you to return home after a short stay abroad. So now imagine, what is ur business with your dad's land? But if the ownership of the land has been transferred to you.....then it's ok!
While I respect the fact that u started with the phrase 'in my opinion', I think family property docs should be included especially if u r being sponsored by ur parents, irrespective of existence of transfer of ownership docs. Furthermore, it's in d VOs hands to decipher what best defines home tie.. I included my fathers properties cuz they generate more funds for him than his regular job... #TheChoiceIsYoursProspectiveApplicants

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 10:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
HartIse:
Hello fellow N-Landers, pls ooo, is it true that PayPal doesn't work for Nigerians anymore? I am trying to pay for my GRE on the ETS website with my Firstbank Visa Card to no avail, so I tried to sign up on PayPal but still to no avail. Please who has payed for GRE or TOEFL recently, I need advise plllssssss

Paypal works fine! I use it. You may try paying with GTB master card!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Joe980: 3:04am On Oct 13, 2015
ayooluwatoni:
In my opinion, NO! Home tie is something that is so important to you that will compel you to return home after a short stay abroad. So now imagine, what is ur business with your dad's land? But if the ownership of the land has been transferred to you.....then it's ok!
And can't the land be sold once he gets to Canada after the said ownership?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 3:06am On Oct 13, 2015
Am in Alberta. I think there no much difference in all these schools in respect of their tuition it all depends on the number of courses you are registering for.

Futurewiser:

I no be genius ohhh but that Regina University tuition high sha ohhh $16k. Abeg can you suggest cheaper tuition, I no like Brandon cos the city small so job fit no too dey. Which province do you live?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TALK2FABO: 3:11am On Oct 13, 2015
If your school does not require IELTS there is no point writing it except you want to use it for something else. VOs don't use it so you can get your visa without IELTS. Calm down and blow away your worries.

detutu1:
hello house, I have been reading and I have not seen any answer to the situation...the schools i applied to do not require IELTS or any standardized test for that matter....But i read that the score in IELTS adds 'points' to application (google) has anyone tried this and worked? i mean not done IELTS and still got the visa? I downloaded the forms today and there was a place asking if one has written any test?

I am already thinking of how to write it before the year runs out...please advice!

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 6:59am On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=Ayodeledej post=38915583]

Please when did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ugonnachimezie54(m): 7:22am On Oct 13, 2015
Please does anyone have ecobank head office number on here it's urgent please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bukky85: 7:40am On Oct 13, 2015
No you dint, i perfectly understand. Thank you.

jessicajessa:
It's a company's document, to show it has been registered(incorporated) with CAC(corporate affairs commission). CO2 – Share Allotment Form, CO7 – Particulars of Directors. it shows the ownership and all that, normally when you incorporate/register a company it becomes a legal entity(like a seperate person from it's owner) on it's own, so the cac forms unveils who is behind the scene and other important things.(hope i didn't confuse you further?). #This can stand as a proof of ownership or source of funds/income....whatever the case might be. Plus you are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 7:44am On Oct 13, 2015
Anyone applied for study permit in September and has gotten a major update besides the thanks for your patience mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Caleycash(m): 7:55am On Oct 13, 2015
detutu1:
hello house, I have been reading and I have not seen any answer to the situation...the schools i applied to do not require IELTS or any standardized test for that matter....But i read that the score in IELTS adds 'points' to application (google) has anyone tried this and worked? i mean not done IELTS and still got the visa? I downloaded the forms today and there was a place asking if one has written any test?

I am already thinking of how to write it before the year runs out...please advice!

Thanks
please what schools did you apply that don't require ielts, do let me know tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Caleycash(m): 7:56am On Oct 13, 2015
detutu1:

Thanks
pls let me know the schools you applied tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2015
Joe980:
And can't the land be sold once he gets to Canada after the said ownership?

Well, I'm personally not a fan of making declaration of properties. That applies basically to applicants who have been in one employment or the other, and the purpose is to proof PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL SITUATION. But for a regular applicant within the normal age (for instance a 24-year old applicant who just graduated or completed nysc and going for Masters or an 18-year old applicant who just left secondary school and going for undergrad) do not need any land or property declaration, because the VO will understand he's not been working and of course cannot have any personal asset.
The assets could still be declared in order to proof family situation, but if one can show a good statement of account with enough funds (especially that of his/her parents), then that alone is enough. But we're beginning to major in minor! Even if you have a land worth 10M and your SoA balance is low, I doubt if VO will grant such visa, because what the VO wanna see is a SUFFICIENT AND AVAILABLE funds. On the contrary if you submit an SoA of 10m balance, with no asset declaration, but with other factors being constant (in terms of age, course etc), there's a high tendency the VO will grant the visa!
I'll recommend all APPLICANTS should take time to study the Study Permit Application Guide for Nigerians on CIC site and not base their actions entirely on what they see or read on Nairaland!

***Just my opinion***

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 9:04am On Oct 13, 2015
Still looking for co-nairalanders who applied same day with me (September 9) and have heard from CIC.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by orhfor1(m): 9:07am On Oct 13, 2015
favourities101:
Anyone applied for study permit in September and has gotten a major update besides the thanks for your patience mail?

I applied September 15th via paper route and got the mail for medicals September 29th.
I did the medicals on October 1st and yet to get any further response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bimbofela: 9:23am On Oct 13, 2015
orhfor1:

I applied September 15th via paper route and got the mail for medicals September 29th.

Pls where did you have your medicals done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2015
orhfor1:

Wow.i applied 3rd September. No update except the thanks for your patience mail.online route though. God is at work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015
realnig21:
Still looking for co-nairalanders who applied same day with me (September 9) and have heard from CIC.
What route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015
I applied sept 9th, paper route and no update yet. Not even patience mail yet. cry
favourities101:

Wow.i applied 3rd September. No update except the thanks for your patience mail.online route though. God is at work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2015
paper route
favourities101:

What route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by orhfor1(m): 9:34am On Oct 13, 2015
bimbofela:

Pls where did you have your medicals done

Prime medicals ...portharcourt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 9:40am On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=realnig21 post=38935338]I applied sept 9th, paper route and no update yet. Not even patience mail yet. cry
[/quote
Let's just be hopeful and postive minded. It will come out good by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2015
favourities101:

Yeah I applied last week of Sept and got a passport request last week.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by realnig21: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2015
You did upfront medicals?
Khalesi:

Yeah I applied last week of Sept and got a passport request last week.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by favourities101(m): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=Khalesi post=38937
What route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2015
So everyone is now spamming the thread looking for who applied same day as they did? Didn't u guys see how it was done in the past? Most folks here now hoard info abt their application. Well this house used to be more united than this with each one giving out info freely, but when pple hide stuff, information never passes and the aim of being here is defeated..

I know a lot of folks who have applied and can't contribute to knowledge sharing here. Well information will only be scarce...Goodluck!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bimbofela: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2015
orhfor1:

Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bimbofela: 11:32am On Oct 13, 2015
orhfor1:

Ohk thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lakusi(m): 11:49am On Oct 13, 2015
Berexio1 is very ryt. grin

Oya I break dis silence ... let everyone start posting so we can have a list of TRV hopefuls.

Lakusi ... Sept. 7 (Online), UofR, M.Eng

Aigbogun01 ... Sept. 9 (Paper), UofR, M.Eng ... MEDICALS

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2015
realnig21:
You did upfront medicals?

I did upfront medicals and submitted my application online.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.