Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine (19382 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Snubbed At New Afrika Shine, Fans Not Pleased / Wizkid And Femi Kuti Performing At Felabration2017 (Photos) / Checkout This 1983 Throwback Photo Of Fela And Femi Kuti Performing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by joseph1832(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2015
Is that Waje?
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by azimibraun: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Let us train Brymo, Black Magic and may be Ayoola (if he would continue switch fully to the Yago song pattern and video) to help us in the future. All this Olmide, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel, Davido may not be presentable in the future. They are not sustainable.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2015
nex:
He was live at the Shrine, met with Femi and the band. Drank Star at the regular stand like everyone else. The man is a simple, natural fellow. A true rock legend, and an ambassador for World Peace.

E Get beer when Irish man no go drink?
Give that nigga Burkutu or sapele water him go guzzle am still stand
The Irish are renown drunkards

Have you heard the saying 'God invented alcohol so that the Irish won't rule the the world'

1 Like

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by naijathings(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2015
atilla:

Beautiful day

this is one of my best wake up songs... and you should try playing this on a morning flight too
then THE SAINTS ARE COMING with greenday.

did you know Bono has the record for the most expensive flight for a forgotten hat ?
read about it

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjACahUKEwi44pP0-83HAhVjs9sKHZ2WAVA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.contactmusic.com%2Fbono%2Fnews%2Fbono-pays-.1.500-to-get-forgotten-hat&ei=6nnhVbjFCOPm7gadrYaABQ&usg=AFQjCNHqGAXIgfaBkqvsumDiLkM4g11vMw&sig2=WdAS65x5wzFmf1d4AQq4rA
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by akashi01(m): 10:26am On Aug 29, 2015
ladyF:
Awnnnn see as their eye dirty sha grin

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
dem don shayo grin
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Poliporpor(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2015
It shows Nigeria has no where else for foreigners to visit. Apart from the shrine nothing else is unique enuff to intrigue an artist in Nigeria. Even national theater be like dirty these days. We have truly lost all Africa.

1 Like

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Metrofox(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Kalvan:

Use your brain Igbo ewu. He needs someone to show him around.
one more dirty pig grin
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by redsun(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2015
Poliporpor:
It shows Nigeria has no where else for foreigners to visit. Apart from the shrine nothing else is unique enuff to intrigue an artist in Nigeria. Even national theater be like dirty these days. We have truly lost all Africa.

What do you mean? What place could be more sacred to visit in Africa if not Shrine? Maybe Madibaas house.

Bono knows the significance of the place, that is why he there. He knows the people that matters in Africa. Being irish, he understands what it means to stand for what is right.

4 Likes

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Poliporpor(m): 10:47am On Aug 29, 2015
redsun:

What do you mean? What place could be more sacred to visit in Africa if not Shrine? Maybe Madibaas house.

Bono knows the significance of the place, that is why he there. He knows the people that matters in Africa. Being irish, he understands what it means to stand for what is right.
yeah I love the fact he visited there. What am saying in the real sense is this place is the investment of fela. Does it mean our govt can't create a place that truly depicts African culture? Am saying in respect to posterity. Without imaginative write ups isn't there someone we go to feel the experience of the cultures of our ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by redsun(m): 11:00am On Aug 29, 2015
Poliporpor:
yeah I love the fact he visited there. What am saying in the real sense is this place is the investment of fela. Does it mean our govt can't create a place that truly depicts African culture? Am saying in respect to posterity. Without imaginative write ups isn't there someone we go to feel the experience of the cultures of our ancestors.

We don't have government in Africa, what we have are bunch of gangsters persistently ruining the affairs of million. And that why Fela stands out and he will forever as long as Africa remain in slumber.

2 Likes

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Poliporpor(m): 11:02am On Aug 29, 2015
redsun:

We don't have government in Africa, what we have are bunch of gangsters persistently ruining the affairs of million. And that why Fela stands out and he will forever as long as Africa remain in slumber.
I wish he was president then.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by adedayourt(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2015
see as des people dey empty bottle for der
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Blizzle(m): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2015
No be shine shine bobo Bono dey cancel so. Na real STAR ooo grin
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Blizzle(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

E Get beer when Irish man no go drink?
Give that nigga Burkutu or sapele water him go guzzle am still stand
The Irish are renown drunkards

Have you heard the saying 'God invented alcohol so that the Irish won't rule the the world'

"Nigga"?? shocked shocked
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2015
The environment is so poor Bono is going to get sick later. Horrible-looking place indeed! The Nigerian society is a big disgrace! angry lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Jexyme(f): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
Oboi..........see bottles!
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2015
Kisses4rmDxtanx:
4gv me 2 say dis is d 1st time am hearing his name, nd if he is dis famous/popular i wonder y i dnt knw him lk Lionel Richie nd d odaz, dnt wnt 2 even talk abt Michael Jackson because da one my great grand mother knw am sef!
The answer is simple. Nigerians don't play rock music. If Nigerians play rock music he wouldn't be a stranger to you. The guy is like the Jay-z of rock music. He is far more popular than Lionel Richie in Europe and America. Hope you now get it?
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by nex(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2015
Poliporpor:

Poliporpor:

Apologies, but first off, FELA did not build the New Afrika Shrine. Femi Kuti did. It is totally different from the place which has now been converted to the FELA Museum.

Secondly, I have to ask you if you've ever been to the Nike Art Gallery in Lekki. Every foreigner who visits Nigeria should be taken to that place. They will never want to go back to their country ever again. I was there myself earlier in the week, and it took a lot of self respect for me to head back to my house.

My people, there are places to be seen in this Nigeria. Most of us just don't know them yet.

1 Like

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ManTiger(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mirahcul:
When legends Meet
Star watches.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ManTiger(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
thecollector:
The pic of Bono and femi facing each other is shameful. Why is femi looking soo star struck and making Bono feel superior? Who is bono? Which song did he sing?

See as Waje dey loook am like say he come from outta space. Who's the guy beside Waje with sweaty pits?
Like you knew Femi just yesterday, he has always had this simple look for ages. Go and watch Egypt 80 videos where he performed alongside his father, you'll technically sees him like a shy person.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Poliporpor(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
nex:

Apologies, but first off, FELA did not build the New Afrika Shrine. Femi Kuti did. It is totally different from the place which has now been converted to the FELA Museum.

Secondly, I have to ask you if you've ever been to the Nike Art Gallery in Lekki. Every foreigner who visits Nigeria should be taken to that place. They will never want to go back to their country ever again. I was there myself earlier in the week, and it took a lot of self respect for me to head back to my house.

My people, there are places to be seen in this Nigeria. Most of us just don't know them yet.
firstly I sincerely want to appreciate u for educating me about the Nike art gallery in Lekki. Honestly, I never knew about it. U c if I never showed my ignorance I wudnt have had an opportunity to learn about this. Secondly, I will Google it up n probably check on YouTube to c if I can find it online.
U no, we don't really know so much abt our own country. Sometimes it takes foreigners to hear about some cool places in our fatherland.
Well, just to buttress my point I only said it was Fela's investment even tho I no Femi built it. But, according to the kuti's tales Fela has the patent right to the shrine. Anyways, hoping to learn more from bright minded individuals like u.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by xamuelotu(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
See as bono dey download bottles of beer grin
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ewosk: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
I always imagine how things would b If FELA lived to see the rave on the internet.. Social activism would b on gear
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by 4C2215131: 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2015
ba7man:
Drove to shrine playing one of U2's album's in my car stereo, coincidentally I ran into Bono at the shrine too tonight........ drove home blasting on of his album's........ what a day.
Check out " When I Look At The World" from the album All That You Can't Leave Behind

Now, that's a classic, check it out.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by blowjohn(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
swizken6:
Who is bono sef?

Bono is lead singer of the band U2. Sentiments apart that's my greatest band of all time. I have all their albums frm d 80s. Theyv won album of the year at the grammyz twice..... D only band nd I think, one of the only two acts to achieve such a feat. They have more than fifteen grammyz anyway. Their songs touch so many subject matters nd they also have got many Christian or if u like religious songs.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by blowjohn(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
4C2215131:

Check out " When I Look At The World" from the album All That You Can't Leave Behind

Dude.... All that u can't leave behind is one of the greatest albums of all time. It won seven grammyz I think nd it has a song that won two grammyz in two different years, the only song in history to do so. The album is what i call classic in its oure terms. How to dismantle an atomic bomb was also a classic and had so many spiritual themes...... i dof cap for them
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by blowjohn(m): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ontarget:

The answer is simple. Nigerians don't play rock music. If Nigerians play rock music he wouldn't be a stranger to you. The guy is like the Jay-z of rock music. He is far more popular than Lionel Richie in Europe and America. Hope you now get it?

Mehn u said it all...... forget the rolling stones or the Beatles..... these guys r a solid band...... they have the highest grossing tour of all time....... mehn if only the guy came to Abuja.... anybody who doesn't listen to gud music can't know U2.. .. ... shikenah

1 Like

Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ontarget:

Yeah tnx
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ba7man(m): 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
4C2215131:

That's my best track on that album!!!! shocked

"Sooo I try to be like youuu....... try to feeeel it like you dooo.......... but without you it's no use........ I can't see what you seeee....... when I look at the world..

Tell me, tell meeee.......... what do you seeee......... tell me, tell meee....... what's wrong with meee....... "
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ba7man(m): 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
blowjohn:

Dude.... All that u can't leave behind is one of the greatest albums of all time. It won seven grammyz I think nd it has a song that won two grammyz in two different years, the only song in history to do so. The album is what i call classic in its oure terms. How to dismantle an atomic bomb was also a classic and had so many spiritual themes...... i dof cap for them
Also listen to "Songs of innocence" album. Every song on that album is crazy hot.

It's like U2 went back to their rock roots after the not too successful " No line on the horizon" album....... but still listen to "Breath"......... I've never heard so much harmony in the chaos of the beat.
Re: Bono Watches Femi Kuti Performing Live At The New Afrika Shrine by ba7man(m): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
naijathings:

this is one of my best wake up songs... and you should try playing this on a morning flight too
then THE SAINTS ARE COMING with greenday.

did you know Bono has the record for the most expensive flight for a forgotten hat ?
read about it

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjACahUKEwi44pP0-83HAhVjs9sKHZ2WAVA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.contactmusic.com%2Fbono%2Fnews%2Fbono-pays-.1.500-to-get-forgotten-hat&ei=6nnhVbjFCOPm7gadrYaABQ&usg=AFQjCNHqGAXIgfaBkqvsumDiLkM4g11vMw&sig2=WdAS65x5wzFmf1d4AQq4rA
For real??

He also exchanged his rose tinted glasses for the popes rosary once when they met. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid’s Towel Causes Fight At His Concert (video) / Uche Jombo Celebrates Her Son's 4th Birthday / Femi Kuti’s Management Releases Press Statement On Paternity Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.