Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife (41229 Views)

Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife / Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Is New Ooni Of Ife / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by yipata: 9:24am On Aug 28, 2015
I can say this emphatically that, this is the guy omisore is backing up to be the next ONI, he is omisores protegee.... this fight is between APC/ PDP. AREGBE & OMISORE..... IT'S GONNA BE BRUTAL.....
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by gidjah(m): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2015
neocortex:

Ignoramus bigot, you are the devil himself,
if you don't like this news kindly go and die.
I hope they haven't bury your brain with the late ooni ?
bro ,you too dey harsh,go and grow, insults doesn't make one matured.He was only airing a honest view,we all know d complexities associated with kingship in this nation .Abi u be Herbalist ni !!!
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Nicepoker(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2015
lifezone247:
Ohhh!!! That is my prof of life, make I dey warm up to become his abobaku
so shall it be.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Mbediogu(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2015
DrWise:
What about Prince Aderemi? Sanusi, Obasanjo et al did not succeed to make him Ooni? Let him continue visiting while Adedoyin is been installed as Ooni.

Foolish son of a foolish father!

WARNING
Whoever knows a certain Dr. Azolibe always sending me mails about peni.s enlargement should warn him. I am not interested in any way and he should delete my e-mail from his database else the thunder that will fire him . . .

Oh my God! How come everybody now knows about your small pe..s? Do something quick.
Our secret don reach market square.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by ANBAKO: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2015
Why is it that all the signatories are princesses?

Na women be kingmaker for Ife?
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by vicadex07(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2015
Lol... E no go better for that azolibe. I thought I was the only one
DrWise:
What about Prince Aderemi? Sanusi, Obasanjo et al did not succeed to make him Ooni? Let him continue visiting while Adedoyin is been installed as Ooni.

WARNING
Whoever knows a certain Dr. Azolibe always sending me mails about peni.s enlargement should warn him. I am not interested in any way and he should delete my e-mail from his database else the thunder that will fire him . . .
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by wildchild1: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2015
Kabiesi oooo

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/3
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by virginchaser(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Did you guys noticed that the nomination letter was signed by group of Princesses.
I have not seen where Princesses are in charge of nominating of an esteem position.
However do they pick Oni from maternal lineage? Just curious.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by anumide(f): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2015
phayvoursky:
I THOUGHT ROYALTY IS FROM A PARTICULAR BLOODLINE.

THE DEAD OONI's FIRST SON SHOULD BE NEXT IN LINE GOING BY THE NORM.

BUT SINCE IT'S NOW A THING OF NOMINATION; I THINK I CAN ALSO NOMINATE TOO.

I NOMINATE NNAMDI KANU OF RADIO BIAFRA.

HE IS ALSO LEARNED AND INTELLIGENT.
In Nigerian movies, maybe. in real life, they have about four ruling houses or so. all of them related by blood or marriage. after one oba dies, the 'gods' will now choose from one of the ruling house.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by dckng16(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2015
greggng:
Is a shame that a decent and hard working man like him will accept this devilish tradition of eating the late onis heart before he can assume office. And when he dies, oro cult will hunt for innocent people head to bury him. Why should a decent person who believes in God and heaven accept al this in the name of culture?
power, fame, wealth, Respect etc
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Meritgoal(m): 9:47am On Aug 28, 2015
morereb10:
The Adesogba family, an arm of the Giesi ruling house of Ile Ife, has backed the candidacy of a renowned educationist and businessman, Dr. Ramon Adegoke Adedoyin, for the Ooni throne.

The family, in a statement issued in Ile-Ife yesterday, declared Adedoyin, proprietor of Oduduwa University Ipetumodu, The Polytechnic Ife, Hilton Hotels and other business concerns, as its sole candidate for the exalted stool. It became vacant following the demise of the late Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Olubuse II on July 28, this year.

The statement, jointly signed by eight princes and two princesses on behalf of the family, said Adedoyin, who hails from the Agbedegbede lineage of the dynasty was eminently qualified to succeed Oba Sijuwade by virtue of his pedigree, stature, investments, philanthropic activities and immense contributions to the human, physical and industrial development of the town.

They listed the aspirant’s investments as including First Access Microfinance Bank Ltd; Hilton Hotels; Odududwa University and The Polytechnic, Ife – all located within the four local governments areas of Ifeland – as well as Oduduwa Polytechnic, Idimu, Lagos State and Our Saviour’s University, Delaware, USA.

Adedoyin, they said, was “a bonafide son of the Agbedegbede compound, where he has been involved in all developmental projects” and possessed the knowledge and skills as an astute and effective manager of men and resources needed to make a success of the office of the Ooni.

The signatories to the statement are: Princess Kehinde Sijuwade Elugbaju (Nee Adewole); Princess Adekanmi Adelugba; Princeess Olufunmilayo Busayo; Princess Adedokun Adedoyin; Prince Gabriel Adedire Adewole.

Others include: Prince Adebolu Adewole; Prince Adekola Adewole; Prince Adekunmi Adewole and Prince Tilewa Bimbo Adewole.

: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/08/founder-of-oduduwa-university-prof.html#sthash.1QD5iLDI.dpuf
@ op the person in the first picture is Omisore not Adedoyin.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Iamsynord:
Wetin Omisore picture dey do 4 there
he will be the abobaku to the new king
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by IYANGBALI: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2015
dckng16:
power, fame, wealth, Respect etc
bullshiiiiiiiiiit,vanity upon vanity,all is vanity. All na iranu man
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by SupremeNG: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2015
The thing now looks like presidencial election. Get info about radion Nigeria. www.supreme.com.ng/radio-nigeria-and-other-powerful-radio-stations/
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by DavidRWaller: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2015
making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8423 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_ http://WWW.ECASH55.COM
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by shaddoww: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Make I nominate myself for d post of Abobanaawo
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by daclint(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2015
Am more interested in the new abobaku
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by neocortex: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2015
gidjah:
bro ,you too dey harsh,go and grow, insults doesn't make one matured.He was only airing a honest view,we all know d complexities associated with kingship in this nation .Abi u be Herbalist ni !!!

You can call it anything you like, but I
know someone who impugn on others based
on speculation and dislike is ignoramus.
He can air his view sensibly as others have
without casting aspersion on a peoples
culture.
Who is he to determine what is devilish or not ?
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by juliusjulius: 10:19am On Aug 28, 2015
jemir000:

guy, registration never close since? na so December go reach, u go still dey tell us say ' registration will close soon

No, but late registration has started.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2015
phayvoursky:
[b]I THOUGHT ROYALTY IS FROM A PARTICULAR BLOODLINE.

THE DEAD OONI's FIRST SON SHOULD BE NEXT IN LINE GOING BY THE NORM.

Here is how the selection works.

There are four ruling/royal houses in Ile Ife.

The post is rotated amongst the families.(Common in many tribes across Nigeria....which is why if you are descended from royalty...you best be on your best behaviour!)

Right now...the family next in line chooses their nominees.

Which is then presented to the Oracle....which makes the final decision.

BUT SINCE IT'S NOW A THING OF NOMINATION; I THINK I CAN ALSO NOMINATE TOO.

I NOMINATE NNAMDI KANU OF RADIO BIAFRA.

HE IS ALSO LEARNED AND INTELLIGENT.

If Mr Kalu can prove his connection to the royal house whose turn it is to produce the next Ooni.....I daresay he might have a chance....or if the Oracle chooses him....ok.
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by homirefacuny(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2015
That is picture of Iyiola omisore.... He is vying for the post of the king??
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by adet991(f): 10:55am On Aug 28, 2015
DrWise:
WARNING
thanks for bringing this up.I'm tired of his messages too but i don't know how to stop it
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by engrkaz(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2015
NaLaugh:
[size=14pt]VACANCY VACANCY VACANCY!![/size]

Dear Nairalanders,

The new position of Abobaku is hereby open for application.

Thank you

send your resume to abobaku@abobaku.com
The Selected candidate must hand over all his traveling documents on/before the inauguration date as part of our measure to prevent a repeat of the scenario created by the immediate past occupant of the exalted abobaku office of Ile-Ife

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Querty(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2015
bettercreature:
No! you are not at risk

tank u very much!!
am happy now
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by iamsoja(m): 11:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Game of Thrones #Ife

1 Like

Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by lozanni(m): 11:41am On Aug 28, 2015
DrWise:

WARNING

lolll. Dem send the Doctor ?
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Acekidc4(m): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2015
Iamsynord:
Wetin Omisore picture dey do 4 there

Me sef Tire oh!!
Omisore BawoAre the gods asleep Ni??
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by litetias(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2015
Who he help?!

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by Maksan33(m): 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
I nominate chief omisore iyiola for abobaku?
Re: Prof. Ramon Nominated As The New Ooni Of Ife by ibsking(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
DrWise:

WARNING

I swear I tire for d guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masquerades Spotted Buying Ice Cream On The Road (Photos) / Slaves from The Bight of Benin Vs The Bight of Biafra- Numbers & Cultural Legacy / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Laughs So Hard As He Attends A Wedding In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.