Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:49 AM

Please Advice On Car To Buy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice On Car To Buy (1916 Views)

6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / 6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice On Car To Buy by TheRealGEJ: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2015
I want to buy a car and I need your help on choices base on the following criteria;
Reliablilty
Cheap cost of maintenance
Low fuel consumption
Availability of parts
Either V6 or V4
A car that would let you save and won't visit the mechanic regularly (I heared some car won't let you save a dine lolz)
I'm considering Toyota Camry 2.4 or Toyota Corolla 2004 or 2005. Any other choice or your advice base on the above will be appreciated.
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by skylinegarage: 11:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Toyota Corolla is your best choice here because it's consume less fuel and give you more mileage and also easy to maintain. parts availability very plenty.

Note: This does not mean other vehicles are not reliable in terms of the above quality, all cars need regular maintainance in other to stay healthy and serve you well. If you keep up with the rules of vehicle usage and maintenance, trust me your vehicle won't have any business with staying at the mechanic workshop save for routine maintenance and oil change.
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by TheRealGEJ: 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
skylinegarage:
Toyota Corolla is your best choice here because it's consume less fuel and give you more mileage and also easy to maintain. parts availability very plenty.

Note: This does not mean other vehicles are not reliable in terms of the above quality, all cars need regular maintainance in other to stay healthy and serve you well. If you keep up with the rules of vehicle usage and maintenance, trust me your vehicle won't have any business with staying at the mechanic workshop save for routine maintenance and oil change.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Should I stick with the v6 or V4 engine.
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by Trafford(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
Buy Mercedes and your life will never remain thesame

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by DGD1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
TheRealGEJ:

Thanks a lot for the advice. Should I stick with the v6 or V4 engine.

if u r sticking with corrola, I don't think corrola has a V6 engine variant in all its models.
rather engine sizes 1.6l, 1.8l etc

bt corrola will work magic for u o
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by TheRealGEJ: 6:00am On Aug 29, 2015
DGD1:

if u r sticking with corrola, I don't think corrola has a V6 engine variant in all its models.
rather engine sizes 1.6l, 1.8l etc

bt corrola will work magic for u o

Thanks bro. So the engine size of 1.8l should be better than the one of 1.6l right ?
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by TheRealGEJ: 6:01am On Aug 29, 2015
Trafford:
Buy Mercedes and your life will never remain thesame

Heard Mercedes parts are very expensive hence I'm considering Toyota
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by DGD1(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2015
TheRealGEJ:

Thanks bro. So the engine size of 1.8l should be better than the one of 1.6l right ?

not really, it's kind of relative when you say beta, for instance 1.8l has more power compared to d 1.6l bt more fuel will be needed.
if I were in ur shoes, would go for the 1.8l
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by captalex(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
Get an BMW E36 3-series 325i or 328i years(1991-1999); Popularly called 'Coja' in Nigeria. It's one of the strongest, most reliable, affordable to maintain & pure fun oriented 2/4-doors budget 1st car you can buy in 2015.

More facts for your consumption: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_(E36)

What's your budget by the way ?

Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by TheRealGEJ: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
captalex:
Get an BMW E36 3-series 325i or 328i years(1991-1999); Popularly called 'Coja' in Nigeria. It's one of the strongest, most reliable, affordable to maintain & pure fun oriented 2/4-doors budget 1st car you can buy in 2015.

More facts for your consumption: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series_(E36)

What's your budget by the way ?

Strictly Toyota
Re: Please Advice On Car To Buy by PrinceDave001(m): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hyundai elantra 09 is also a good option.

(1) (Reply)

The Soon Coming 2019 Bmw X8......really Magnificient / Is There A DIY Process To Duplicate A Transponder Key? / Watch A Peugeot 206 Get Destroyed At The Car Wash With A 3000 Bar Jet Washer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.