Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? (1637 Views)

Picture Of A Teacher With Life Jacket While The Pupils Are Left Unprotected / A Teacher Beats And Wounds A Pupil (photos) / Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by bhmw(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
Good day Nairalanders, i have heard some people (graduates) say that the last job they can ever do is teaching. The reason being the financial aspect of it. Most teachers' take home (salary) cannot even take them to the school gate. How long will it take a teacher who earns 30k to become a millionaire. I had worked in the bank and a construction company. Currently i teach (earns 40k monthly) and i say it boldly anywhere i go that i will become a millionaire as a teacher. Teachers what do you think?
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by menix(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
If a seamstress can be a billionaire wiv oil wells in nigeria, yes u can, provided u re being rammed by the right pple...

1 Like

Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by christinie(f): 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
GEJ, Dora Akunyile, Yar'adua, Jega all teachers.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by christinie(f): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
Mrs. Alakija.
menix:
If a seamstress can be a billionaire wiv oil wells in nigeria, yes u can, provided u re being rammed by the right pple...
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by menix(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
Mrs. Alakija.

Whether Alakija abii Agboju, I no call name..
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by bhmw(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
I don't mean a lecturer. Look at the secondary and primary school teachers(graduates) around you.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Iroko tree started from a seed. Its only a matter of time bro, you will get there.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by Ahzyz(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
How they want take become a millionaire when government pay them poor salary.

Iranu abasha.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by bhmw(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ahzyz:
How they want take become a millionaire when government pay them poor salary.

Iranu abasha.
Are you saying it is impossible?
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by Yustash001(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2015
They can be a millionaire if they minimize their spendings and save to set-up a small scale business for a start...
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by babslamin: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
GEJ, Dora Akunyile, Yar'adua, Jega all teachers.
Sorry, I think he was asking about teachers not lecturers
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by babslamin: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Yes, a teacher can become a millionaire only if he/she have other business to add to the monthly salary
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by christinie(f): 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
babslamin:

Sorry, I think he was asking about teachers not lecturers
you may need to check the meaning of the word lecturer. Thanks.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by christinie(f): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
bhmw:
I don't mean a lecturer. Look at the secondary and primary school teachers(graduates) around you.
an academic rank given in colleges and universities to a teacher ranking below assistant professor.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by babslamin: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:

Lecturers aren’t teachers, no matter how great the teaching focus of our institution is.  University lecturers are researchers 1st & foremost, they give speeches in large classrooms & often doesn't know his/her students at all. They're simply employed on d strength of deir research background.
Teachers manages a classroom of 4-16years old and tell them what to do. Teacher explains lessons of every word, phrase and sentence. They're simply a guide/helper in processes of learning...

3 Likes

Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
A teacher can't be a millionaire. #myopinion
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by bhmw(m): 3:55am On Aug 29, 2015
economic:
A teacher can't be a millionaire. #myopinion
I don't agree with you...it is possible.
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 29, 2015
Note possible

Your salary can barely feed you not to talk of family. Those who suggested out of teaching business, thus means that you have taken the teaching out if of entirely. You can just resign and run your business exclusively but we are taking of TEACHERS MAKING MILLIONS

Except you own the school sha!!
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by jejemanito: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2015
christinie:
The only person who needs to check up her dictionary is you
Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by rukkyland(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2015
what a question...
anyway I have seen millionaire teachers.. if you can think enough.. what you have is enough.. period..

2 Likes

Re: Can A Teacher Become A Millionaire? by RealsInvest(f): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
Those who say a teacher can't be a millionaire have a myopic view of teaching. I made 2 million from teaching in one year (Feb, 2021-Jan, 2022, and saved N1. 5 million. My aim this year is to save N2m. I know you won't believe me because my profile speaks something else. I have forgotten my login details to my teaching profile I would have commented from there. Search for Modern Teachers, you may see my profile.
You limit your view to the moshroom schools around you. You can't raise your eyes high and see schools like Green springs, Corona, American International School, Lagos (AISL) British International School, Lagos, and more. Is it not teachers that work there? Many teachers are poor because they are not ready to leave their comfort zone. They don't have what it takes to earn well. Some are not exposed. Teaching is an oil well if you know your onion well. Some teachers earn N300k as salary. And even earn more from private teaching. All together some teachers make 500 to 800k per month. Private teaching in Ikoyi is 7 - 10k/hr.

(1) (Reply)

Join The Approved Jamb 2018 Aspirants Whatsapp Group Chat Now! / 292 Of 343 Biochemistry Students Of Ambrose Alli University,fail Their Exams / Score 167 In Jamb Any Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.