Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

A Common Laptop Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Common Laptop Problem (673 Views)

Post Your Laptop Problem Here / Easy Fixes For Some Common Laptop Issues / Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Common Laptop Problem by roots: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
Please I your help.

I've worked on several laptops but I have a perculiar problem with three laptops. One is HP and others are Dell.

Problem is, when I press ON, the LED power comes ON for a few seconds then goes OFF including the entire. I can hear the sound of the Fan at that point in time then it stops when light goes OFF. I opened and cleaned the system, reached the processor to feel if there is heat generated but none. What is problem.

Thanks
Re: A Common Laptop Problem by Adejonpe: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2009
as agood engineer when you discover taht problem,first open the laptop take yuor multi meter at the charging pot you will see some component there they are S M D compnent chek te capacitors if they are not in good oder it mith cause the problem,then you can chek the cimos battery.by god grace the system will come on.or call me on this no +2348051189823.thanks smiley
Re: A Common Laptop Problem by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2009
i had the same problem and it was a fking nightmare. cry cry cry cry

the laptop would come on once in 10 attempts

the it hardware guy in my office said he solved it by removing and reseating the processor. try that and see if it helps. cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Black Internet Friday For Idupaul / Info On The And, Or & Not Theorem In Computer Digital Micro Processor / Toshiba A135

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.