Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions (17228 Views)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Laptop Problems: Compaq Presario 1200 and IBM T21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
1. Computer not starting. 2. No sound coming from the computer. 3. Monitor screen is blank. 4. Computer boots but doesn't lunch windows. 5. Slow internet. 6. Wireless network dropping. 7. Mouse not working. 8. Keyboard not working. 9. No internet connection. 10. Computer running slow.

Computer will not start

Check all cables are plugged in and
switches turned on.
Check monitor is turned on and
plugged into the computer.
Change fuse in cable.Check extension
if using one.
Try a different known working socket.
Change power lead.
Check no buttons or switches are
stuck.

No sound coming from computer

Check that your speakers are on and
plugged in
Check that the speaker is connected
to the right port (Green to Green)
Check the volume is turned up
Check you don’t have sound muted
(icon in taskbar)
Try plugging in ear phones to rule out
broken speakers.

Monitor screen blank

Check monitor is correctly connected
Check monitor is plugged in and
turned on
Check connection to computer is not
loose

Computer Boots but wont launch
windows

Can you boot into safe mode? (F8 on
start-up) if yes the problem is likely to
be something software related rather
than hardware.
Run malware, virus scans
If you can’t boot into safe mode try
booting into your computers repair my
computer mode to fix start-up issues
Try using system restore if you can
boot to safe mode or recovery to
restore to a previous date

Slow internet
Reboot your router and restart your
computer (reboot router by
unplugging and plugging back in
after 5 minutes)
Check for malware and
spyware infections.
Check there are no problems with
your provider
Check other reasons for slow internet
speeds here.

Wireless connection dropping
Reboot both the computer and the
router
Change the wireless channel
Move the router to a more central
adapters
Extend your wireless network with
a Wireless N Range Extender
If your aerial is removable replace
with a TP-Link TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz
5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional
Antenna or similar to increase range.

More @
www.qplussolutions..com

1 Like

Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by ladylaurel(f): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
Good write up.
Ok. Mine is that it went blank on start up, that is after showing that it didn't shut down correctly and the safe mode options. But I can't boot into safe mode what do I do now? Please help
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
ladylaurel:
Good write up.
Ok. Mine is that it went blank on start up, that is after showing that it didn't shut down correctly and the safe mode options. But I can't boot into safe mode what do I do now? Please help

What OS are u using, I guess its windows 7. But if u r sure u shut down correctly, and you say u can't boot into safe mode, u may need to use OS restore proceedures
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by ladylaurel(f): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
qplus:

What OS are u using, I guess its windows 7. But if u r sure u shut down correctly, and you say u can't boot into safe mode, u may need to use OS restore proceedures

Yes its windows 7. Safe mode didn't respond either. It also went blank. What's OS restore procedure?
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
ladylaurel:

Yes its windows 7. Safe mode didn't respond either. It also went blank. What's OS restore procedure?

d problem was either caused by a new hardware u just installed eg. A modem, printer etc.
Or u installed an antivirus after the system was already infected by a virus,
Or u don't have an antivirus.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
ladylaurel:

Pls reply.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by hushmail: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
whats good abt d write up

After d first 2 misinformation i decided nt 2 go firther

laptop probs may NOT b same wt desktop

2 Likes

Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by ladylaurel(f): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
qplus:

Pls reply.
I used a modem just yday and its been long I used d modem. Also, I downloaded avast free anti virus same yday.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by ladylaurel(f): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
hushmail:
whats good abt d write up

After d first 2 misinformation i decided nt 2 go firther

laptop probs may NOT b same wt desktop
It may not be for u, but for me, I saw a prob I'm facing that's why I commended him.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
ladylaurel:

It may not be for u, but for me, I saw a prob I'm facing that's why I commended him.

U have lost vital boot files, d files were infected by a virus and ur antivirus deleted both ur boot files and d virus that infected them.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by qplus(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
There r 2 ways this can be completely resolved.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 19, 2014
ladylaurel:
Good write up.
...insert a windows 7 cd,den restart ur system.it should prompt u 2 boot from cd so press anykey.from there,u'll c a repair os option so click it and select system restore#hope dis helps
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by emodak(m): 5:17am On Oct 19, 2014
buying a new system with free DOS. Hp 250 G2 Intel core i3 to be precise. does it mean that a windows 8 OS will be packaged with it? if not. how can I go about installing windows 8 on it
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by joycooten2002: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
8 GIG installed: 1.9 GIG usable. Most current problem on OS update.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by Bigsteveg(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
qplus:
1. Computer not starting. 2. No sound coming from the computer. 3. Monitor screen is blank. 4. Computer boots but doesn't lunch windows. 5. Slow internet. 6. Wireless network dropping. 7. Mouse not working. 8. Keyboard not working. 9. No internet connection. 10. Computer running slow.

Computer will not start

Check all cables are plugged in and
switches turned on.
Check monitor is turned on and
plugged into the computer.
Change fuse in cable.Check extension
if using one.
Try a different known working socket.
Change power lead.
Check no buttons or switches are
stuck.

No sound coming from computer

Check that your speakers are on and
plugged in
Check that the speaker is connected
to the right port (Green to Green)
Check the volume is turned up
Check you don’t have sound muted
(icon in taskbar)
Try plugging in ear phones to rule out
broken speakers.

Monitor screen blank

Check monitor is correctly connected
Check monitor is plugged in and
turned on
Check connection to computer is not
loose

Computer Boots but wont launch
windows

Can you boot into safe mode? (F8 on
start-up) if yes the problem is likely to
be something software related rather
than hardware.
Run malware, virus scans
If you can’t boot into safe mode try
booting into your computers repair my
computer mode to fix start-up issues
Try using system restore if you can
boot to safe mode or recovery to
restore to a previous date

Slow internet
Reboot your router and restart your
computer (reboot router by
unplugging and plugging back in
after 5 minutes)
Check for malware and
spyware infections.
Check there are no problems with
your provider
Check other reasons for slow internet
speeds here.

Wireless connection dropping
Reboot both the computer and the
router
Change the wireless channel
Move the router to a more central
adapters
Extend your wireless network with
a Wireless N Range Extender
If your aerial is removable replace
with a TP-Link TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz
5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional
Antenna or similar to increase range.

More @
www.qplussolutions..com

Nice post bro, thumbs up.

I have a laptop hp 6735s, the motherboard is faulty and need to be replaced. I want to go for fairly used board because of financial situations. What is your advise?

Also do u repair laptops?

Pls kindly quote back for quick response. God bless.
Re: Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions by AIG07: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
My HP 250 with a window 8.1 OS keyboard keys stopped functioning with the exception of few keys say(10keys working)

I need someone to simply help.

Anyway forward apart from newkeyboard/system?

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Beware, Facebook Cloning Now The Order Of The Day / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.