Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

How To Root Tecno Camon C8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Root Tecno Camon C8 (15001 Views)

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Pls.help On How To Root Tecno Y2 Android Phone / Any Help- How To Root Tecno Boom J5 (android 5.1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Thobeee: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2015
hello Good morning my fellow nairalanders ,Oga @ the top oga SEUN
I Don buy the Fucking tecno c8 ooo and the Fucking problem is that I can't Root it , tried different rooting tools but the phone no gree Root .Phone gurus abeg help us find solution ooo the most annoying tin about dz phone is DAT I tried using GLO bis but u can't even change the Imei
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by ajtww: 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2015
I am not able to root it too.. . But I'm happy u can change the imei without rooting... . Use mtk software, it will work. I only miss my font

2 Likes

Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Engnrcollins(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
KingRoot couldn't root it?
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by ajtww: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
It didn't work
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by niceguy7(m): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
Make e no go be say tecno lock the phone boot loader..
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by MatricNumber(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
it is not rootable abi?...... now i can go get the fone, rooting is for small kids. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by supersam95(m): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
ajtww:
I am not able to root it too.. . But I'm happy u can change the imei without rooting... . Use mtk software, it will work. I only miss my font
likewise here
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
I can assist you with rooting it but as usual, I will not be responsible if you brick your device . if you don't mind going ahead with it, drop your email address let me send you the rooting file and procedures. You can either decide to thank me later if it works or insult me if it doesn't. ..
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Thobeee: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
macbeyland:
I can assist you with rooting it but as usual, I will not be responsible if you brick your device . if you don't mind going ahead with it, drop your email address let me send you the rooting file and procedures. You can either decide to thank me later if it works or insult me if it doesn't. ..
thanks in advance my mail is jolasht@gmail.com
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Thobeee: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
macbeyland:
thanks in advance my mail is jolasht@gmail.com
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
OK, if you are ready to take the risk of rooting your tecno Camon C8, download this file from this link... It's a zip file containing super SU for all MediaTek 67***chip
https://mega.nz/#!cx4xmT7a!OOv35GA0x8TLq2lPi0h4yu4RsMt4q_HGYgaQOCEVFvo

Note that you have to install the mega nz app before the file will be downloaded to your phone automatically...

After downloading, save the file to the root folder of your SD card,
Power off the device and turn it on keeping VOL+ and Power until you see some tiny text.(basically, booting into recovery)

Select the first option (Recovery mode), use VOL+ to navigate and VOL- to confirm.

Once booted to stock recovery select "apply update from sdcard" using VOL+/- to navigate and POWER to confirm, and select the zip file you copied to the MicroSD.
After the flash has completed you will be back to recovery's main screen and just select "reboot system now".

PS: this zip file should work with any MT67** device running a stock Mediatek recovery

PPS: DO NOT apply any incremental ota update after flashing the root zip, flash ONLY flash tool roms when and if they will be available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2015
macbeyland:
OK, if you are ready to take the risk of rooting your tecno Camon C8, download this file from this link... It's a zip file containing super SU for all MediaTek 67***chip

Note that you have to install the mega nz app before the file will be downloaded to your phone automatically...

Power off the device and turn it on keeping VOL+ and Power until you see some tiny text.(basically, booting into recovery)

Select the first option (Recovery mode), use VOL+ to navigate and VOL- to confirm.

Once booted to stock recovery select "apply update from sdcard" using VOL+/- to navigate and POWER to confirm, and select the zip file you copied to the MicroSD.
After the flash has completed you will be back to recovery's main screen and just select "reboot system now".

PS: this zip file should work with any MT67** device running a stock Mediatek recovery

PPS: DO NOT apply any incremental ota update after flashing the root zip, flash ONLY flash tool roms when and if they will be available

No stock recovery. Its saying no command. I think one wud need to flash recovery tru so flash tool.

Do u have the scatter file and recovery for c8?
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Slatemsk(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Really interested in rooting dis phone
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Chyjoey(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2015
Andking:

No stock recovery. Its saying no command. I think one wud need to flash recovery tru so flash tool.

Do u have the scatter file and recovery for c8?
When it says no command..Press the power and volume up button silmutaneously again..Its gonna load stock recovery..Ure welcome..
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
Chyjoey:
When it says no command..Press the power and volume up button silmutaneously again..Its gonna load stock recovery..Ure welcome..

Didn't work sir.
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2015
I think I now get where the problem is... When it shows the no command screen, all you have to do is to press the power button once.. (note, DON'T press down the power button for long, just press it once and release it fast) immediately you press and release the power button ONLY, it will display the recovery options.. From there you can then proceed to choose the zip file following the procedure i posted above.....Also note that you might need the volume button instead of the power button, to okay any selection you make when in recovery mode.... I believe this guide should help... Cheers
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2015
The above procedure should help
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by supersam95(m): 2:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
macbeyland:

just tried it now it didn't work
All it wrote was installation aborted...plss gurus help with better methods to root this baby
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by supersam95(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Andking:

Didn't work sir.
its working press the volume up nd power button again even after it shows no command
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Anyone who succeeds in rooting should post confirmation, if it fails, please post results let me contact the developer at XDA who gave me the procedure
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Not working
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Thobeee: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
its not working ...installation Aborted

2 Likes

Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
How far
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
Android has a chain of signature verification that (by default) protects your device from being hacked or having an unofficial image installed. Recovery images, updates, and OS images all have to be signed. The bootloader verifies that the recovery is signed by the manufacturer's key, and the recovery in turn verifies that the OS image (and any updates you try to install) are signed by the same key.

That's why you need CWM or TWRP to flash an update that roots the device. You don't need to root to install CWM or TWRP, but you do need to unlock the bootloader. This wipes all user data on the device. It's a security mechanism, to protect your data: if someone steals the device while it's locked, and wants to flash a different OS to bypass the lock and steal your data, they first have to unlock the bootloader.
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Chyjoey(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2015
Andking:
Android has a chain of signature verification that (by default) protects your device from being hacked or having an unofficial image installed. Recovery images, updates, and OS images all have to be signed. The bootloader verifies that the recovery is signed by the manufacturer's key, and the recovery in turn verifies that the OS image (and any updates you try to install) are signed by the same key.

That's why you need CWM or TWRP to flash an update that roots the device. You don't need to root to install CWM or TWRP, but you do need to unlock the bootloader. This wipes all user data on the device. It's a security mechanism, to protect your data: if someone steals the device while it's locked, and wants to flash a different OS to bypass the lock and steal your data, they first have to unlock the bootloader.

so how do we unlock the bootloader?
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by macbeyland(m): 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2015
Seems the tecno Camon C8 bootloader has to be unlocked before the phone can be rooted....for those who have the device, Please go to Dialpad and press :*#*#7378423#*#* . Go to Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. Look at Boot loader unlocked allow and if it's show No you cant unlock bootloader. Otherwise, you can unlock your bootloader.
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Nuellah: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
Pls incase anyone is already fed up with his/her camon n wish 2sell. Indicate oo. I hv 20k.
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by Andking: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Gurus in the house kindly assist pls
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by ps3o(m): 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
macbeyland:

u r right! explain it clearly. SUPERSU INSTALLER apk needs be downloaded and installed. after that, ensure you download the zipped update to your sdcard. now, reboot into recovery mode of the stock ROM. ensure to apply update from SD card and locate that zip and perform operation. viola!
Enjoy!
NB: I used this method when I upgraded innjoo fire to lollipop version which was root pre-installed and it worked just like that
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by xreal: 1:22am On Sep 03, 2015
A friend needs to buy this phone urgently, where did u guys get yours?
Re: How To Root Tecno Camon C8 by emodak(m): 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
macbeyland:
I'm also having the rooting prob....... my email is akintayoaanuoluwapo@gmail.com. please and please, i'm looking forward to receiving your mail ooo. thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itel Mobile To Launch New Devices Online Tonight / 6 Useful Things To Do When You’ve Broken Your Phone / Airtel Rolls Out 4G Service In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.