Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Etim Slams Mikel, Martins - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Etim Slams Mikel, Martins (2094 Views)

Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin / Ameobi, Mikel, Martins, Apam Listed For Venezuela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by iReport: 12:38am On Apr 01, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Etim slams Mikel, Martins

By Nurudeen Obalola

A former Super Eagles midfielder, Etim Esin, has accused the team's big players of not living up to expectations during Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Mozambique in Maputo.

Obafemi Martins

The Eagles were lucky to escape with a draw after the referee disallowed two Mozambique goals and failed to give Obinna Nwaneri a deserved second yellow card in the first half.

Etim, who played for Nigeria in the late 1980s and early 1990s, said Eagles stars should extend their club forms to international games.

He said on Monday, "What is the point of having players like Mikel Obi and Obafemi Martins in the team if they can't make any difference? These guys play well for their clubs but have not done enough for the Eagles.

"They should emulate stars like Didier Drogba and Emmanuel Adebayor, who both scored for their countries at the weekend. Mikel and Martins did not impress me at all against Mozambique; they have to raise their game when they play for Nigeria."

The draw left Nigeria trailing Tunisia, who defeated Kenya 2-1 in Nairobi on Saturday, in African Group 2 and Etim believes the Eagles now have a mountain to climb to qualify for South Africa 2010.

He said, "We have put ourselves in a tight situation with that result and performance. We were even lucky to get a draw and we should thank God for the referee. Now we need to get good results and hope that Tunisia slips up. We don't have any excuses for failing to beat a side like Tunisia, but it has happened and we have to deal with it."

One of the ways the former Lierse midfielder wants the situation dealt with is a change of coaches.

He said, "I believe we need a coach that can give us results. I'm not saying that Shaibu Amodu is not a good coach, but the team needs a coach who'll give the players inspiration.

"If they can bring in Samson Siasia, who has played at the World Cup, I'm confident we can still have a positive turnaround before it's too late. Look at Diego Maradona and what he's doing with Argentina, it's because no player can intimidate him after what he achieved as a player."

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/31/415.html
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by switch47(m): 7:42am On Apr 01, 2009
true talk!!
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2009
in an organised system, etim esin is not supposed to be a public commentator as he has a very bad record hence he cannot be a role model or someone to be listened to.
in him, i can only see ganja(Igbo - marijuana) speaking.
soon and very soon, i see nigeria and nigerians listening to normal people while abnormals will be shout down like wat happened to obj in london.
we can't continue lsitening to all these men as we will always end up their ways.
if we compare the qualities in etim and his achievements, we will all agree that he is an underachiever hence has no moral jurisdiction to direct the ways of others.
when it comes to football, we know who to listen to. etim has nothing to show for his football life and nothing to show for his life outside the pitch.
we can't continue listening to everybody. when next i hear etim condem any player, i will make it a point to get through him directly to remind him of his failures.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris,
Leave the messenger,hear the message.
Etim is talking from a professional point of view.
I don't like him,bt the truth must be said.
Mikel,Martins are all over-rated hype that have really done NOTHING in England.
With them in any team,you would think we could find a way to win,given the so-called class they possess.
But Martins only cares about developing his afro,and Mikel,well enough said about the punk.

It's no wonder why drogab and Adebayor will always be in contention for the big individual awards while ours are only content with making money.
Over-rated twits.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by dayokanu(m): 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Chidichris,

How come Maradona who took drugs also is widely respected and made coach of his country?

Both Mikel and Martins are useless. Or how come nobody remembers them when it comes award times. Soon Nigerians would be screaming that CAF is biased that They only give Adebayo, Etoo and Drogba awards. Compare what these people do for their country.

Let Mikel and Martins continue to Best young player while Messi who is younger is already in contention for the Global awards
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Chidichris,

How come Maradona who took drugs also is widely respected and made coach of his country?

Both Mikel and Martins are useless. Or how come nobody remembers them when it comes award times. Soon Nigerians would be screaming that CAF is biased that They only give Adebayo, Etoo and Drogba awards. Compare what these people do for their country.

Let Mikel and Martins continue to Best young player while Messi who is younger is already in contention for the Global awards

Dayokanu,
the truth of the matter is even if fifa gives mikel or martins any award, nigerians will be the first to condem the action of fifa.
why did u choose adebayo, etoo and drogba among millions of footballers in africa or can we call the others useless?
henry was not a striker when he arrieved arsenal but wenger made him one and that is what has given henry fame till date. mikel was a creative midfielder before he arrieved stamdford bridge but mourinho felt mikel can do better as a defnsive midfielder. there is always growth in football and if we want to discuss football we must agree with the fact that mikel is really growing and i back this point with cards which since this season mikel have not recieved any red card or useless card compared to the previous years.
again, footballers grow to a stage where they have powers to direct other players on the pitch. use essien as a case here, he is big enough to have a free role whenever he is on the pitch unlike mikel who other players push arround on pitch.
ronaldo spent a few years on man u's bench before turning into a super star. mikel against the believe of 99% of nigerians have played more macthes than we expected in chelsea.
football matches are played in accordiance with the direction of the coach. who is interested in playing friendly matches to unite these players. who is interested on how many times the same group of players play together outside competitive macthes?
what did etim achieve as a footballer? he was unable to overcome ordinary hunger.
if mikel is useless, where are other players in his group? are we in agreement that other players in mikel's group are all dreaming to be like mikel till date?
mikel is just a player and can only play according to instructions.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by Akolawole(m): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Chidi

How come you always defend anything Mikel on NL?

Why?
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Chidi

How come you always defend anything Mikel on NL?

Why?

Akolawole,
may God continue to bless u for asking me the esiest question in my whole life.
i will be happy to answer this one question with many answers viz;

1.mikel is just one player among millions of players in nigeria and as such i have not seen any reason for everyone to hate him besides i don't go with the crowd.

2. mikel was confirmed to be sick by chelsea medics and was asked to be excused for the game but nigerians insisted that the boy must come for national team doctor to certify him, do we have any good medical doctor in nigeria? if u say yes, why are they not threating our politicians? in other words, mikel was forced to play for 90 mins despite his sickness yet no one is saying any good thing about him. where is sam okwaraji and his family in the history of nigeria today?
i mean sam okwaraji who died while playing for nigeria.

3. i defend mikel also because he is not the problem of nigeria football as many will claim. is it wrong to organise friendly matches to make these guys play together and understand themselves rather than from plane to competitive matches?

4. mikel is a good player but he has no decission in choosing who will play match or where a player plays in a match. the coach has the power to select mikel or leave him out or even ask him to play in a particular position.

5. last but not the least, i have not watch any nigerian match where mikel scored own goal or loose penalty hence i always get confussed on the loads of blame o n mikel whenever the team did not do well.

do u still remember eguavon rejecting the award given to mikel by caf in egypt saying he does not merit it rather it shld be given to eyama. is that encouraging to a player?
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by Akolawole(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris:

Akolawole,
may God continue to bless u for asking me the esiest question in my whole life.

2. mikel was confirmed to be sick by chelsea medics and was asked to be excused for the game but nigerians insisted that the boy must come for national team doctor to certify him, do we have any good medical doctor in nigeria? [/b]if u say yes, why are they not threating our politicians? in other words, mikel was forced to play for 90 mins despite his sickness yet no one is saying any good thing about him.

6) [b]do u still remember eguavon rejecting the award given to mikel by caf in egypt saying he does not merit it rather it shld be given to eyama. is that encouraging to a player?

Waoh!

Even though our country have many problems but good medical doctors is not one of them.

I doubt anyone can force him to play.

# Do you know that Mikel use Nigeria to rise to the top?

## Do you know that if he didnt play for Nigeria he may be thrown out of England?
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris,
WTF are you saying?
please be elaborate.Your unnecesary bias towards Mikel is annoying,because you haven't said anything concrete.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by AloyEmeka9: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Chidichris,

Martins is not useless oooo.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by MAITEMA(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris:

in an organised system, etim esin is not supposed to be a public commentator as he has a very bad record hence he cannot be a role model or someone to be listened to.
soon and very soon, i see nigeria and nigerians listening to normal people while abnormals will be shout down like wat happened to obj in london.
we can't continue lsitening to all these men as we will always end up their ways.
if we compare the qualities in etim and his achievements, we will all agree that he is an underachiever hence has no moral jurisdiction to direct the ways of others.
when it comes to football, we know who to listen to. etim has nothing to show for his football life and nothing to show for his life outside the pitch.
we can't continue listening to everybody. when next i hear etim condem any player, i will make it a point to get through him directly to remind him of his failures.

@ chidichris, Eastbay’s answer has flawed your post above. Maradona was a drug addict and is doing a good job managing Argentina. Why castigate Etim because of his past? I am not a fan of his character but that does not disqualify him from airing his view especially as it concerns his motherland.

As they say; Attack the idea, not the man.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by MrCrackles(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
True talk from Etim Esin!
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by DrKitaun(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2009
chidichris:

whats with all these hogwash u are ejaculating from ur sewered inners ?

seriously I DOUBT U KNOW WHAT THE WORD PATRIOTISM MEANS !

he who is not proudly Nigerian can go and fall himself into the deepest well where no one will bat an eyelid . . .

like HNIC, Akola and Eastbay have said all our boys are outrageous iressponsible and should be made to realize they are just overbloated twats !!!

which of the idiots perform best in their position in Africa ? forget the rubbish nomination given Taiye Taiwo and Yobo . . .

Emenalo is an ingrate like someone said . . .sorry UGBADE cry cry

but he has a right to his own opinion but not assaulting our collective psyche by that club-biased odious statement on why Mikel should play . . .what difference was he going to make anyway ?

his days had been numbered long time and it would not have meant nada to anyone if he didnt play . . .who does he think he is ?

Martins is another doofus . . .at least we can attest to what Uche has been doing with that team !

I suggest Nigeria should use and dump these boys fast instead of what these boys have been doing . . .use a player when he is in his prime, dump him when he is getting past it cos the same player will still dump the country, so what gives ?

the stupid excuse that the country never takes care of his own didnt start today , . .why make it an issue when it concerns our fave player ?

do we know whats called SOCIAL SECURITY in this country ? since we have these problems and its affecting us all, lets stop this escapist excuse from these players

who remembers Ohenhen ? Odiah ? etc

but what can we do . . .ITS OUR COUNTRY, WE CANT RUN AWAY FROM OUR PROBLEMS

we might never get there until we ensure that past International soccer players are allowed to run the Glass House . . .THOSE ONES KNOW WHERE THE SHOE PINCHES. cheesy

THINK OF WHAT U CAN DO FOR UR COUNTRY, NOT WHAT UR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR U cool
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2009
Waoh!

Even though our country have many problems but good medical doctors is not one of them.

I doubt anyone can force him to play.

# Do you know that Mikel use Nigeria to rise to the top?

## Do you know that if he didnt play for Nigeria he may be thrown out of England?

@akolawole,
if one of the problems of nigeria is not medical, why is it that all our leaders or even rich nigerians do not seek medical attention here in nigeria?  
if mikel used nigeria to rise top, who did martins use to rise?  why did u not rise with nigeria?  why are other people here not rising with nigeria?  what happened to other players who played alongside mikel in his rising days?  
what happened to yakubu when he refused to play for nigeria under eguavon?  what do  you tell nigerians who decided to play for other countries?  what was mikel's offense in the last match?  if the coach felt mikel was not playing well in a particular game, is it not as easy as changing him? why is it that nigerians are always interested in a man out of all the invited players yet nobody believes he is a good player?

Etim is full of smokes and has nothing to offer. he shld be concentrating of his phone saga with okocha rather than talking a profession in which he is a failure.

@ chidichris, Eastbay’s answer has flawed your post above. Maradona was a drug addict and is doing a good job managing Argentina. Why castigate Etim because of his past? I am not a fan of his character but that does not disqualify him from airing his view especially as it concerns his motherland.

Maitema,
maradona has no respect as long s football is concerned. if football is an individual game, he shld have been stripped off all his medals. argentina is a drug country and drug barons have their ways over there. that a mad is rulling in argentina does not make mad men good for leadership.
etim can do anything to smoke likewise ur maradona. do not be surprised that maradona has legalized drugs in his national team.
i hope u are aware that marodona despite all his records in football, has nothing good in fifa like pele.
nigerians are good in learning bad things. because a drug adict is now the coach of argentina, we can now make a ganja man the president of nigeria.
if not for the influence of ganja, etim shld have known that the coach had the power and right to change mikel and martins if they were not playing the way he wants.
if a player remains in the field of play through out a game, it means he is playing to the satisfaction of his coach.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by dayokanu(m): 4:35am On Apr 02, 2009
The lunatic called chidichris is here to spread bloodclotrry again?

maradona has no respect as long s football is concerned. if football is an individual game, he shld have been stripped off all his medals. argentina is a drug country and drug barons have their ways over there. that a mad is rulling in argentina does not make mad men good for leadership.
etim can do anything to smoke likewise ur maradona. do not be surprised that maradona has legalized drugs in his national team.
i hope u are aware that marodona despite all his records in football, has nothing good in fifa like pele.
nigerians are good in learning bad things. because a drug adict is now the coach of argentina, we can now make a ganja man the president of nigeria.
if not for the influence of ganja, etim shld have known that the coach had the power and right to change mikel and martins if they were not playing the way he wants.
if a player remains in the field of play through out a game, it means he is playing to the satisfaction of his coach.

Maradona is not respected in football world but Mikel is respected? Check FIFA best players of last century and tell me the result, The one conducted on the internet too check the result.

If football is an individual sport? Did they give Argentina all those accolaids or Maradona?

The respect Maradona get everywhere he goes Take the top 1000 people in your village and line them up combined together they cant match maradonas bootlaces.

Maradona with his Ganja and whatever still doesnt compare to the best person in your clan.

If you die and live your life over 1million times, you can never match Maradona's fame even all your clan put together
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by tkb417(m): 7:38am On Apr 02, 2009
read the points he made and forget whos preaching

Mr.Chidicrisis what the fck is ur problem with the medics in Nigeria?
are u saying Mikel never visited the 9ja hospitals b4 travelling abroad? so suddenly, the hospitals here are not good enuff for him
ure sick
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by cabali(m): 8:05am On Apr 02, 2009
I wonder why you guys are attacking chris, it is obvious the guy is dumb! no amout of attack will bring him to any trace of sense.
dayokanu:

The lunatic called chidichris is here to spread bloodclotrry again?
Maradona is not respected in football world but Mikel is respected? Check FIFA best players of last century and tell me the result, The one conducted on the internet too check the result.

If football is an individual sport? Did they give Argentina all those accolaids or Maradona?

The respect Maradona get everywhere he goes Take the top 1000 people in your village and line them up combined together they cant match maradonas bootlaces.

Maradona with his Ganja and whatever still doesnt compare to the best person in your clan.

If you die and live your life over 1million times, you can never match Maradona's fame even all your clan put together

@ Dayo U have never made a point feel so good!!!
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by tayoccu(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2009
now mikel should listen to Etim, lest he ends up like etim.

as for Martina, i think it's a temporary dip, let's hope I'm not wrong.

As for ahmodu, I'll go with etim's suggestion, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!!
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2009
if mikel was sick that he did not play for chelsea against spurs yet he came and played for nigeria, normal people will appreciate him for that but i know ganja has a different way of interpreting things.
for all the ganja guys in the house, i dey salute. my regards to the almighty etim and maradonna una godfathers.
unde r the influence of drugs, anything can happen.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by DrKitaun(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2009
chidichris:

if mikel was sick that he did not play for chelsea against spurs yet he came and played for nigeria, normal people will appreciate him for that but i know ganja has a different way of interpreting things.
for all the ganja guys in the house, i dey salute. my regards to the almighty etim and maradonna una godfathers.

Maybe when u write properly we would understand better the message you are propagating undecided

DUMBO ! embarassed
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
Maybe when u write properly we would understand better the message you are propagating

DUMBO !

u can as well stop smoking for a better understanding.

men fight and women discuss.
mikel had done his thing in maputo and collect his funds while lazy ganja smokers are here and there dying without prize.
the next news we will hear will be that ur master is accused of stealing spoon and he will shamelessly come out to claim 1 billion for compensation.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by tayoccu(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2009

u can as well stop smoking for a better understanding.

men fight and women discuss.
mikel had done his thing in maputo and collect his funds while lazy ganja smokers are here and there dying without prize.
the next news we will hear will be that ur master is accused of stealing spoon and he will shamelessly come out to claim 1 billion for compensation.

guy easy on the mikel issue, you act like you are his brodah/on his payroll/shagging his sis.
any right thinking person'll know that mikel had been given enough chances to repay the system that made him, but the Arrow chose to play prodigal son.
And if you decide to turn a blind eye to that fact, and continue to hurl insults @ nairalanders for telling the truth about that Arrow, then you are a bigger Arrow than he is
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by DrKitaun(m): 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
Chidichris is a Arrow of the highest order . . .

Seun is preparing his award to be presented to him when next Mikel dorns the national jersey, maybe in June, maybe whenever . . .

Chidichris is one idiot that claims to be an authority in Sports matters but only shows up when Mikel is being mentioned . . .what a miserable job he's got . . .what a miserable life to live

even Mikel's brother plying his trade with Rangers of Enugu is tired of putting up any defence for him, but this idiot here keeps yarning dust

MODERATOR PLS LOCK THESE STUPIDITY-INCLINING MIKEL THREADS . . .ITS AN ESTABLISHED FACT, CHIDICHRIS IS A RETARD !!!
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
Chidichris is a Arrow of the highest order . . .

Seun is preparing his award to be presented to him when next Mikel dorns the national jersey, maybe in June, maybe whenever . . .

Chidichris is one idiot that claims to be an authority in Sports matters but only shows up when Mikel is being mentioned . . .what a miserable job he's got . . .what a miserable life to live

even Mikel's brother plying his trade with Rangers of Enugu is tired of putting up any defence for him, but this idiot here keeps yarning dust

MODERATOR PLS LOCK THESE STUPIDITY-INCLINING MIKEL THREADS . . .ITS AN ESTABLISHED FACT, CHIDICHRIS IS A RETARD !!!

Dr. Idiot,
the act of calling for this thread to be locked is a welcome idea because from all indications, u have run out of points. the problem with most idiots is that always want to be noticed and thereby expose the height of their ignorance. do u know certain idiots make more sense when they silent.
do u also believe that another idiot was asking me how come maradonna is doing well with argentine team since he is a drug adict. since u have reached the doctorate degree in idocracy, help me inform some other idiots in ur group that maradonna lost 6-1 to bolivia last night of whihc if that happened to be in nigeria, it would have be the end of his carrer with our national team. drug adicts are not normal ppl. do not be surprised that maradonna will wake up one day and tell the whole team to start taking drugs or quit the national team.

looking at ur etim esin, who does not know his worth in lagos?
a man who is been accused of stealing ordinary mobile phone, wow! truning out to be the mouthe piece. what a shame?
in the animal kingdom, etim and maradonna are supposed to be in the zoo while in a normal system, they are supposed to be in rehablitation homes. they are far from normal. it is obvious that the world is going mad. a man who cheated the whole world using drugs while amokachi and co were doing their things naturally is now a coach and u think south africa will give him visa in 2010.
i know that one day, all the idiots in ur group will vote etim esin to coach our national team.

all i will do is to find a way to ask mikel and martins to dash etim money so that he can turn back and tell us that they are the best players in the world. drug man can do anything.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by tkb417(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
heheheheheheh
now its confirmed ure a morafcker grin

u cant even make sense
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by lagoslag: 5:24am On Apr 03, 2009
Speculations, shit talks, blind talks are one of the characteristics of an average nigerian. Why crucify mikel and martins because the match ended in a goal less draw? what is the system doing to help nigerian football? we know what our problems are but just because of the greedy people sitting on that round table making football decisions chose to turn a blind eye to the truth. Why NFA keep bringing back amodu after series of failed attempts? this is capital bribery and corruption that is killing our football today. these guys fail and all of a sudden, they find their way up to taking thesame job they've failed in archieving more than 10 times. Mikel and martins may not have lived up to expectation in that match but what's a job of a coach? i mean a bloody one like amodu. doesn't he have the right to observe individual performance and the teams performance as a whole and make substitutions? Etim has the right to make his contributions as long as they are positive and i see some sense in what he said although i didn't watch the match but if mikel and martins were bad the bloody coach should have made early substitution or some sort of technical strategy to correct what's going wrong.

So my people i'd say take time in crucifying the system instead of individual acts. Once or even more than once mikel and martins made the country proud, they shouldn't be held accountable for whats going on now. If these guys play better football at the individual club sides but perform poorly with nigerian national team isn't that a good enough reason to tell u that our system is bad? This is what i think happens

NFA is corrupt
Amodu is also corrupt
Amodu is a well know name in Nigeria when it comes to coaching
NFA goes for a coach they can control and manupulate
Amodu has some of those xteristics so he fits NFA qualification better

NFA signs an official 2 million naira contract with amodo per month and feed the public with the news
The same NFA signs another backyard contract with amodu that pays him 200,000 naira a month and tells him anyday u refuse to take this agreed amount, we'll fire you.
Amodu takes the job but on the other side knowing that he has to survive
He invites players that are hungry to play for the national team even though there are thousands of better players not invited
To be part of his team called up for an assignment, the player needs to pay a certain fee
To be part of his first 11 on the pitch, the player needs to pay even more

This way NFA is making money and they are happy
Amodu is making money and he is happy
But Nigeria is getting bad result and folks on Nairaland are not happy

NB. the figures here are just assumptions not the actuals. NFA is ripping nigeria off far more than what i projected. I hope this settles the disputes here.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2009
Speculations, shit talks, blind talks are one of the characteristics of an average nigerian. Why crucify mikel and martins because the match ended in a goal less draw? what is the system doing to help nigerian football? we know what our problems are but just because of the greedy people sitting on that round table making football decisions chose to turn a blind eye to the truth. Why NFA keep bringing back amodu after series of failed attempts? this is capital bribery and corruption that is killing our football today. these guys fail and all of a sudden, they find their way up to taking thesame job they've failed in archieving more than 10 times. Mikel and martins may not have lived up to expectation in that match but what's a job of a coach? i mean a bloody one like amodu. doesn't he have the right to observe individual performance and the teams performance as a whole and make substitutions? Etim has the right to make his contributions as long as they are positive and i see some sense in what he said although i didn't watch the match but if mikel and martins were bad the bloody coach should have made early substitution or some sort of technical strategy to correct what's going wrong.

So my people i'd say take time in crucifying the system instead of individual acts. Once or even more than once mikel and martins made the country proud, they shouldn't be held accountable for whats going on now. If these guys play better football at the individual club sides but perform poorly with nigerian national team isn't that a good enough reason to tell u that our system is bad? This is what i think happens

NFA is corrupt
Amodu is also corrupt
Amodu is a well know name in Nigeria when it comes to coaching
NFA goes for a coach they can control and manupulate
Amodu has some of those xteristics so he fits NFA qualification better

NFA signs an official 2 million naira contract with amodo per month and feed the public with the news
The same NFA signs another backyard contract with amodu that pays him 200,000 naira a month and tells him anyday u refuse to take this agreed amount, we'll fire you.
Amodu takes the job but on the other side knowing that he has to survive
He invites players that are hungry to play for the national team even though there are thousands of better players not invited
To be part of his team called up for an assignment, the player needs to pay a certain fee
To be part of his first 11 on the pitch, the player needs to pay even more

This way NFA is making money and they are happy
Amodu is making money and he is happy
But Nigeria is getting bad result and folks on Nairaland are not happy

NB. the figures here are just assumptions not the actuals. NFA is ripping nigeria off far more than what i projected. I hope this settles the disputes here.

Lagoslag,
when truth are said, the deaf and dumb, the blind and even imbeciles know it is true but it is unfortunate that most of these guys here are paid labourers. yes, some of us here are paid to decieve the masses while some are ignorant of the truth.
we are all specialists in leaving the objects in pursuit of shadows and that has been the major problem of the nigerian society.
mikel played very bad in the last game but he will surely play in the next game. since nigerians know mikel, he has been an object of discussion in whatever he does. many say he is over rated and i must say it here this school of thought are the same ppl over rating him because they always bring him into every discussion.

look at argentina loosing to bolivia, nobody will blame messi rather the coach or the team. look at mexico sacking their coach because they want results but what do u get here in nigeria? mikel this mikel that. when he does not honour invitation, wow! a big topic, when he does, a bigger topic.
the only thing mikel will do and non of these guys will talk is when he achieves anything good.

how many nigerians posted a topic when mikel all of a sudden become a regular in the star studded chelsea against the believe of every nigerian? none.

etim, is an underachiever when it comes to football. can he manage a national side? of course the answer is no because he is now full of smokes.

if etim is what we think of him, what is he doing as an ex-footballer to grow the game in nigeria? criticism. doctors will tell u that anything done under the influence of drugs are not normal and lawyers and judges will based their cases on the influence under which n action is committed. drug adicts are not relevant in sports. maradonna can bring argentina to the 100th position in fifa ranking. yes you can't trust a man under the influence of drugs.

if etim wants to be heard, he shld get involved in meaningful activities like other ex-footballers do. look at shearer of yesterday, now the newcastle coach. look and keane of man u, look at siasia, look at keshi, look at eguavon, look at oliseh, look at emanlo. do something meaningful for the growth of the game both here in nigeria and outside and people will know that u love the game for real.

why is it that nobody anywhere in the game is mentioning etim for any position in the game even his peers? he has nothing to offer. how long did he last in the hi tv commentary? what qualities does he have or what achievements can he boost of and what can he show for his football days? obsolutely nothing. despite the very short time martins and mikel have been in the lime light, if they decides to stop today, they will be better placed in the football society than the man in question.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by cabali(m): 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2009
But honestly chidi you have not point made here at all. I am a chelsea fan and I am comfortable with the fact that essien is back so we can keep mikel back on the bench.

I no doubt support them playing mikel on that match cos he wasnt proven fit but to say he cant play cos of sore throat? The guy has really shown that he isnt that into national duties and doesnt care. I dont think he can be that frivolous for his club.

Only time will tell what a player he is good or bad but at chelsea, he isnt that preferred at the moment.
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2009
Someone is a Mikel apostle
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by chidichris(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
But honestly chidi you have not point made here at all. I am a chelsea fan and I am comfortable with the fact that essien is back so we can keep mikel back on the bench.

I no doubt support them playing mikel on that match cos he wasnt proven fit but to say he cant play cos of sore throat? The guy has really shown that he isnt that into national duties and doesnt care. I dont think he can be that frivolous for his club.

Only time will tell what a player he is good or bad but at chelsea, he isnt that preferred at the moment.

cabali,
u have point made sir.
essien is back so mikel goes back to the bench. point made and observed. what if he does not go back to the bench?
are u mikel's God to decide his fate?
on the other hand, this thread is not about sore throat rather it is about etim slams mikel,martins. maybe u lost your way and find urself here so pls when next u want to make contribution, read the post before u go offroad mr point maker.
if you are into any form of sports, u will know that sickness is sickness. if you are not used to hardship, u will know that sore throat can kill.
again, mikel came for the game and the matter is no longer on coming rather it is about performance.
how can under bridge men full sports forum?
if you are a chelsea fan as you claim, you will know the difference between defensive midfielder which mikel is and the attacking midfielder which essien is. in mikel, chelsea has the only outstanding midfielder who has comfortably taken over the role of makalele.
brother, did u say u are a chelsea fan or calaba rover's fan?
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Etim Slams Mikel, Martins by DrKitaun(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2009
chidichris:

cabali,
u have point made sir.
essien is back so mikel goes back to the bench. point made and observed. what if he does not go back to the bench?
are u mikel's God to decide his fate?
on the other hand, this thread is not about sore throat rather it is about etim slams mikel,martins. maybe u lost your way and find urself here so pls when next u want to make contribution, read the post before u go offroad mr point maker.
if you are into any form of sports, u will know that sickness is sickness. if you are not used to hardship, u will know that sore throat can kill.
again, mikel came for the game and the matter is no longer on coming rather it is about performance.
how can under bridge men full sports forum?
if you are a chelsea fan as you claim, you will know the difference between defensive midfielder which mikel is and the attacking midfielder which essien is. in mikel, chelsea has the only outstanding midfielder who has comfortably taken over the role of makalele.
brother, did u say u are a chelsea fan or calaba rover's fan?
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

OK . . . we don hear u

Mikel is the best Nigerian player ever . . .

happy now ? grin grin

JOBLESS BOOT-LICKER ! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Players Have No Market Value After Poor World Cup Outing : / Nigeria Takes Third At Fiba Afrobasket 2011 / Debate: Messi V Raul - Who Is The Bigger Champions League Legend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.