Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Who Made You My Lord ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Made You My Lord ? (1152 Views)

No, This Can't Be To The Glory Of Our Lord Jesus Christ! / What Can I Say Unto The Lord All I Have To Say Is Thank You Lord / During Hajj A Muslim Became Christian. Praise The Lord! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 30, 2015
Who made you lord and master over me ?

Why should I do what you say without question, are you God ?

Why do you want my money, did you work for it, why not get your own Job ?

Why can I not caution and correct you when you err, are you infallible ?

Why can't I use the Jet you bought with our church loot money, after all you are not more special than me and if you can preach around the world so can I , no ?

Why do you want to tell me who to marry or date , are you my mother or father ?

Who owns me, you or God ?

Why don't you allow me to mix with other brethren of the same faith but different sect , what are you protecting, is it income or the sheep of God ?

Why did you open a branch in a town already teeming with over a 100 churches or is your church a franchise for making and protecting money or is it a place where I should worship ?

Why are you teaching wives and mothers rebellion against their husbands and thus making yourself the final authority in their lives ?

Why do you want me to accord you the respect and honour that only belongs to God, you sit in the temple and make yourself God while blaspheming his holy name with your fables and gross wickedness. Who are you kidding ?

Man of God ( whatever that means ), you are not our master or Lord, we have one Lord who is God over all and above all.\\

1 Like

Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 30, 2015
…"Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. "But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12"Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.…" - Matthew 23:11

Matthew 20:26
Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,

Matthew 23:10
Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.

Mark 9:35
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Mark 10:43
Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,

Luke 22:26
But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by kristen12(f): 5:15am On Aug 30, 2015
undecidedundecidedundecided
1 Corinthians10:12
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by christinie(f): 5:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Why not leave this alone?
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by ATMC(f): 5:46am On Aug 30, 2015
Kristen why are you judging him with 1cor 10:12? @Op I get ur point and I like it. You have a point. Actually.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by kestolove95(m): 6:23am On Aug 30, 2015
Christians. Don dey wise small small..our pastors need to go renew dia juju o...but dey got kicked out of bizness

1 Like

Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by malvisguy212: 6:49am On Aug 30, 2015
The embarrassing thing about denouncing hypocrisy is that it is equally hypocritical to condemn those who do not follow the teachings of Christ if you do not follow the teachings
of Christ yourself. And one of His most fundamental teachings is that we should take our critical eyes off the sin of others and concentrate on our own
chronic need for Jesus' forgiveness (Matthew 7:1-5; Luke 6:37.

2 Likes

Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
The embarrassing thing about denouncing hypocrisy is that it is equally hypocritical to condemn those who do not follow the teachings of Christ if you do not follow the teachings
of Christ yourself. And one of His most fundamental teachings is that we should take our critical eyes off the sin of others and concentrate on our own

I know your type would rather we sweep all the dirt under the carpet while attacking those of other faiths. Which hypocrisy is worse ? The one that insults Muslims and others when they themselves are doing even more shameful things.

Should we not clean our own house first ?

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them" - Ephesians 5:11

"Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God." - 2 Corinthians 4:2
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
christinie:
Why not leave this alone?

sad
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by plaetton: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
malvisguy212:

shocked shocked
This is idio-cy of the most LETHAL grade.

So one must first agree to something before one is qualified to criticize it?

You never cease to amaze.

This is the same malvisguy212 that condemns all non christian beliefs?
The same guy who says yahweh is justified in genociding millions as payback for alleged sins?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by malvisguy212: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
plaetton:

shocked shocked
This is idio-cy of the most LETHAL grade.

So one must first agree to something before one is qualified to criticize it?

You never cease to amaze.

This is the same malvisguy212 that condemns all non christian beliefs?
The same guy who says yahweh is justified in genociding millions as payback for alleged sins?
read my post again, you misunderstood me,I do not say you must agree first, this is what I mean:
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of
your own eye, and then you will see
clearly to remove the speck from your
brother's eye.

Focus on changes you should make and not on other fault ,this does not mean we shouldn't call the sins of other to there attention .But God want us to FOCUS first on OUR sin then we will see CLEARLY to call their sins to there attention.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by malvisguy212: 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
frosbel2:

I know your type would rather we sweep all the dirt under the carpet while attacking those of other faiths. Which hypocrisy is worse ? The one that insults Muslims and others when they themselves are doing even more shameful things.

Should we not clean our own house first ?

"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them" - Ephesians 5:11

"Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God." - 2 Corinthians 4:2
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=37506006]read my post again, you misunderstood me,I do not say you must agree first, this is what I mean:
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of
your own eye, and then you will see
clearly to remove the speck from your
brother's eye.
Focus on changes you should make and not on other fault ,this does not mean we shouldn't call the sins of other to there attention .But God want us to FOCUS first on OUR sin then we will see CLEARLY to call their sins to there attention.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=37506157][/quote]

In that case focus on your sins and the sins of your church and stop bothering Muslims.

Don't be a hypocrite !
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by malvisguy212: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
frosbel2:

In that case focus on your sins and the sins of your church and stop bothering Muslims.

Don't be a hypocrite !
I did that long time ago. You see my thread against the muslims as "bashing"thread, you see it that way because you did the same thing, the truth is that I do not create this thread to bash them BUT to ask question and needed answer.

you cannot accept some verses in the bible and reject some, it is either you reject ALL or you accept ALL.

Hypocrites are people who claim to be morally better than they really are. Authentic Christians claim to be so bad
that they deserve no forgiveness from God.Are you saying they are even worse
than that? Christians are people who consider themselves such moral failures that they have come to Jesus for help and forgiveness. Making it spiritually depends not on how popular or nice we are, but how much we want God to rule our life and change us. Whether it be through quirks of nature or upbringing or whatever, becoming likable is harder for some of us. Will the presence of hypocrisy in the church prevent you (frosbel2) to become a better christian?
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by PraiseDLord: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2015
frosbel2:
Who made you lord and master over me ?

Why should I do what you say without question, are you God ?

Why do you want my money, did you work for it, why not get your own Job ?

Why can I not caution and correct you when you err, are you infallible ?

Why can't I use the Jet you bought with our church loot money, after all you are not more special than me and if you can preach around the world so can I , no ?

Why do you want to tell me who to marry or date , are you my mother or father ?

Who owns me, you or God ?

Why don't you allow me to mix with other brethren of the same faith but different sect , what are you protecting, is it income or the sheep of God ?

Why did you open a branch in a town already teeming with over a 100 churches or is your church a franchise for making and protecting money or is it a place where I should worship ?

Why are you teaching wives and mothers rebellion against their husbands and thus making yourself the final authority in their lives ?

Why do you want me to accord you the respect and honour that only belongs to God, you sit in the temple and make yourself God while blaspheming his holy name with your fables and gross wickedness. Who are you kidding ?

Man of God ( whatever that means ), you are not our master or Lord, we have one Lord who is God over all and above all.\\

Frosbel.....2,
Who are you fighting with or who is fighting you?
The sin of rebellion is like that of a witch craft!
Leave these alone and concentrate on your own life, for God will surely bring every work to judgement either good or bad.
Why the much concern about the mote in your brother's eyes and you completely ignore the beam and logs of wood in your own eyes?
Focus on your life brother and strive to enter in at the strait gate as Jesus admonishes us, for many will seek to enter as the Lord graciously revealed in the holy Bible but shall not be able. Remember many are called but few are chosen!!!!!!!
Thus, strive......................... Beloved.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 31, 2015
malvisguy212:
I did that long time ago. You see my thread against the muslims as "bashing"thread, you see it that way because you did the same thing, the truth is that I do not create this thread to bash them BUT to ask question and needed answer.

you cannot accept some verses in the bible and reject some, it is either you reject ALL or you accept ALL.

Hypocrites are people who claim to be morally better than they really are. Authentic Christians claim to be so bad
that they deserve no forgiveness from God.Are you saying they are even worse
than that? Christians are people who consider themselves such moral failures that they have come to Jesus for help and forgiveness. Making it spiritually depends not on how popular or nice we are, but how much we want God to rule our life and change us. Whether it be through quirks of nature or upbringing or whatever, becoming likable is harder for some of us. Will the presence of hypocrisy in the church prevent you (frosbel2) to become a better christian?

This is an indictment against false shepherds and prophets.

You have not heard me condemning anyone here for one sin or the other. I am simply using my article to point out the obvious, which is that most of your so called pastors are making a career and profit out of God and their damnation does not slumber.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2015
PraiseDLord:

Frosbel.....2,
Who are you fighting with or who is fighting you?
The sin of rebellion is like that of a witch craft!
Leave these alone and concentrate on your own life, for God will surely bring every work to judgement either good or bad.
Why the much concern about the mote in your brother's eyes and you completely ignore the beam and logs of wood in your own eyes?
Focus on your life brother and strive to enter in at the strait gate as Jesus admonishes us, for many will seek to enter as the Lord graciously revealed in the holy Bible but shall not be able. Remember many are called but few are chosen!!!!!!!
Thus, strive......................... Beloved.

haha grin , the same fear tactics aka 'The sin of rebellion is like that of a witch craft'. Sorry Pal, this one does not work again, we are wiser now than ever.

Bottom line : Most of your so called MOG are Lords and not servants. They better humble themselves now and repent before shame becomes their destiny.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by malvisguy212: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2015
frosbel2:

This is an indictment against false shepherds and prophets.

You have not heard me condemning anyone here for one sin or the other. I am simply using my article to point out the obvious, which is that most of your so called pastors are making a career and profit out of God and their damnation does not slumber.
Alright, will the hypocrisy in the church prevent you of becoming a better christian ?if my father is a fraud , does that mean ALL fathers are fraud ? You and I know the teaching of Jesus and any one who teach contrary to His teaching is not a christian.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Scholar8200(m): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
frosbel2:
…"Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. "But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12"Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.…" - Matthew 23:11

Matthew 20:26

Matthew 23:10
Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.

Mark 9:35
Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Mark 10:43

Luke 22:26
But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.
Op, kindly shed light on these:

17 Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either].

7 Remember your leaders and superiors in authority [for it was they] who brought to you the Word of God. Observe attentively and consider their manner of living (the outcome of their well-spent lives) and imitate their faith ([h]their conviction that God exists and is the Creator and Ruler of all things, the Provider and Bestower of eternal salvation through Christ, and their [i]leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness).
Hebrews 13:17,7

12 Now also we beseech you, brethren, get to know those who labor among you [recognize them for what they are, acknowledge and appreciate and respect them all]—your leaders who are over you in the Lord and those who warn and kindly reprove and exhort you.
13 And hold them in very high and most affectionate esteem in [intelligent and sympathetic] appreciation of their work
. Be at peace among yourselves.
1 Thessalonians 5:12,13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Scholar8200:

Op, kindly shed light on these:

17 Obey your spiritual leaders and submit to them [continually recognizing their authority over you], for they are constantly keeping watch over your souls and guarding your spiritual welfare, as men who will have to render an account [of their trust]. [Do your part to] let them do this with gladness and not with sighing and groaning, for that would not be profitable to you [either].

7 Remember your leaders and superiors in authority [for it was they] who brought to you the Word of God. Observe attentively and consider their manner of living (the outcome of their well-spent lives) and imitate their faith ([h]their conviction that God exists and is the Creator and Ruler of all things, the Provider and Bestower of eternal salvation through Christ, and their [i]leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness).
Hebrews 13:17,7

12 Now also we beseech you, brethren, get to know those who labor among you [recognize them for what they are, acknowledge and appreciate and respect them all]—your leaders who are over you in the Lord and those who warn and kindly reprove and exhort you.
13 And hold them in very high and most affectionate esteem in [intelligent and sympathetic] appreciation of their work
. Be at peace among yourselves.
1 Thessalonians 5:12,13

many of these verses have been either translated with ulterior purpose or interpolated into scripture.

I will take Jesus words more seriously than the words of any other man.

Jesus said there is only 1 master.

This of course does not mean we should not have leaders aka elders and pastors but they must and should operate in the context of servitude and humility, never lording it over the church.
Re: Who Made You My Lord ? by Scholar8200(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
frosbel2:

many of these verses have been either translated with ulterior purpose or interpolated into scripture.
So what exactly was written originally?

I will take Jesus words more seriously than the words of any other man.
But they were Inspired according to 2 Peter 1:21. Ephesians 2:20, Ephesians 3:5 and John 15:27 also shows that they spoke and/or wrote as ones appointed by the Lord

Jesus said there is only 1 master.
Being Him but He gave some Apostles Luke 6:13, prophets,evangelists, pastors and teachers! Besides the Holy Ghost set some as Overseers over the Church!(Acts 20:28)

This of course does not mean we should not have leaders aka elders and pastors but they must and should operate in the context of servitude and humility, never lording it over the church.
Just as Peter (also a man) wrote through inspiration in addressing his fellow elders 1Peter 5:1-5

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Mighty Kabex__: Scientific Blunders And Flaws In The Bible / Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran / Thesixthsense & Hardmirror: How Valid Is The Bible & It's Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.