Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! (881 Views)

How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated / Configuring Bulletin Board Or A Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! by denobleman(m): 3:03am On Apr 01, 2009
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a new SMF forum that I have just installed on a domain that I will be disclosing here soon. It will purely business and wealth creation forum and I wish to make it unique.

But I'm presently stuck.

I wish not to allow Guests to read post not to talk of replying but don't really know how to set permissions to effect that. Urgent assistance here will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! by worldbest(m): 7:00am On Apr 01, 2009
I think thats a not so good idea for a forum.My advice is that you let guest read only,then when you are sure you have extra-ordinary contents,you can make strict rules on posting and viewing.
Re: Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! by kingzli(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2009
It is quite simple, there is an option in the features and options section of the admin panel. If you uncheck the box for enable guests access, then guests would be asked to login or register when they visit your site. Like the poster above said, it is not always the best because you wont be indexed by search engines. My forum is also an smf forum, if you encounter any problems don't hesitate to contact me.
Re: Help On Configuring SMF Permissions: I'm Stuck! by Handsome1: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2009
@kingzil plz do u mind dropping yr number here 4 me so i can u plz

(1) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped / Web Design Tips For Ecommerce Businesses / Who said Anonymous Didnt attack Facebook?? They did!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.