Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped (878 Views)

Please Review Site / Re: Nigeria's Senate Website Hacked / Pls Help Review Site Http://www.faithacademyportal.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by dubainaija: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
Specifically for @Yawa (but other comments welcome):

@Yawa, we took your advice re: "endless scrolling" and revamped the site a bit. We stuck to a 2-column layout (you'd recommended a 3-column layout), but I think we fixed that issue.
Would appreciate your further comments on the present look, ease of use and functionality.
Site is at double-u(x3) period nigeriareviews period come (pardon me, trying to beat the spam bot!)

Thanks!
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by yawatide(f): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2009
hmm, had to stare at the url like 10 times before the chinese part of my brain finally kicked in tongue

I don't recall what the site looked like before but I like what I see now, within the context of endless scrolling. A couple issues though:

1) Click "register (in FF)", enter a bad email address and click "next". Note the bleed through on the page that follows

2) I would probably swap the tag cloud with the categories as I don't think tag clouds are more relevant that your categories. If you went my route, you could further reduce scroll by changing the tag cloud area from a square to a rectangle that spans with width of the lower cell, thus again further reducing the scrolling of the page. Make sense?

good luck!
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by dubainaija: 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2009
hmm, had to stare at the url like 10 times before the chinese part of my brain finally kicked in

lol, thanks @Yawa for your time and patience.

As always, we'll take your suggestions on board and iron out the issues you raised, and let you know.

Thanks again - much appreciated!
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by dubainaija: 7:52am On Dec 29, 2009
Hi @Yawa - we have effected the changes you suggested: the issue with the bleed that occurs when a wrong email is entered in the registration page has been resolved, and we have placed the categories in a more prominent place.

With regards to the tag cloud, we chose to remove it altogether - at least for now.

Do stop by when you have the time - and let's know what you think!

Thanks again.

PS: Site is at double-u(x3) period nigeriareviews period come (pardon me, trying to beat the spam bot!)
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by yawatide(f): 11:31am On Dec 29, 2009
Much better grin

Just one more (sorry, can't help it tongue) thing: Maybe you shorten the length of your search textfield wink

It looks way better now, that's for sure. Thanks for not taking my comments personally. In the end, we all become better developers
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by dubainaija: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Thanks again, @Yawa - much appreciated. We have reduced the text search field to 35% of what it was - didn't want to reduce it more so as not to leave a 'too-obvious' gaping space on the right. Should be ok now.

Again, much appreciated.
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by yawatide(f): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Now I feel like I am the one running the project tongue

1) align the search, the "register" and the twitter to the right such that they all line up with the rightmost side of the categories

2) Put some kind of background on the search field to make it visible. It took me a minute to spot it.
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by dubainaija: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
Thanks @Yawa - you are more or less part of the NigeriaReviews team already!

Recommendations implemented - as usual, thanks for your time.
Re: Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped by yawatide(f): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2009
perfecto! grin

Always think of your layout in terms of a grid. That'll do it from me, for now wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Integrate Credit Card In Nigeria Website / Weddingdresssonlineshop.co.uk - Chineses Company Mainly Selling Poor Quality Wedding Dresses / Upgraded My Textpad Application A Bit - Maybe I Should Rename It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.