Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? (818 Views)

8 Things That Happen To Your Body During Sex / Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep / Cancer Is Not Just 'bad Luck' But Down To Environment, Study Suggests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by llaykorn: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2015
Hullo!

Just recently that I started reading pdfs on my phone, I noticed that after a few minutes of reading, I feel my eyes are strained and getting watery. I used to spend so much time reading long articles on the internet, without any problems, but I have to say here that I set all my browsers to work in night mode, so I'm scared it happens because my eyes are exposed to too much light. Or, the text is just too small. Or my eyes are just bad. Does it happen to you, too?

Here is a picture of the text size I use.

Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by derrick333(m): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2015
NL NL ,smh wit 1mb u can create thread,u go fear thread,how I wish to create a thread is exorbitant
Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by llaykorn: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2015
derrick333:
NL NL ,smh wit 1mb u can create thread,u go fear thread,how I wish to create a thread is exorbitant

If you can't get something to do with your hands than to come here and type some rubbish that's obviously unnecessary, why don't you help the world by digging a soak-away in your backyard? Use your itchy fingers for some community service, man!
Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
llaykorn:

If you can't get something to do with your hands than to come here and type some rubbish that's obviously unnecessary, why don't you help the world by digging a soak-away in your backyard? Use your itchy fingers for some community service, man!

grin grin bro, it can't be helped!

Nigeria has too many untreated mental patients wandering about. I myself was confused as I didnt see how his comment made any sense with regards to the op
Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Anyhoo, it is called- computer eye stress. take a break from screens for some time

1 Like

Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Anyhoo, it is called- computer eye stress. take a break from screens for some time
In addition to this, the reason for your discomfort is the human eye not blinking when concentrating on an object for an extended period of time - add bright light to the mix and you'd understand why it happens. The eyes dry out when unblinked for some time; we involuntary blink to lubricate the eye same way our mouths stay wet with saliva.

Try forcing yourself to blink multiple times as this would enable your eyes get the lubrication they need. Doing this would stop the discomfort you're being plagued with.
Re: Does This Happen To You Too, Or My Eyes Are Just Bad? by Pidggin(f): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Maybe dry eyes symptom caused by prolonged viewing of screen. Take 15mins breaks every one hour, you'll be fine

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Live Snake Found Inside A Sealed Bottled Water (photos) / What Is Wrong With My Eyes? / Tips To Prevent CANCER Using FRUITS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.