Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Untrue Stories You Have Had To Grow With - Personal Development - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Untrue Stories You Have Had To Grow With - Personal Development (500 Views)

My Personal Development Plans For 2017 / Education Is Now Simplified In School With Personal Education Application 4 Sch / What Is Your Definite Major Purpose In Life? - Personal Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Untrue Stories You Have Had To Grow With - Personal Development by bare1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
I am certain many would have come across the common advice, "Go to school, study hard, get good grades so you can get a good.....", "Without a university degree you cannot be.....", or the all too ridiculous one, "All rich men go to......"

Most of you can definitely complete each of those statements too easily because they have been programmed into our heads right from childhood up until now and have been the purpose by which we have lived. I would call that nonsense and so would many who choose to be non-sentimental. I love my parents so much, more than anything in the world and that is why I have to tell them they got it wrong in this, so they can still take the chance to correct that thought.

Do not get me wrong, it isn't bad to go to school - even though I doubt the possibility of my kids doing so, unless they choose to be doctors or other medical personnel - but it should depend on what your purpose is. One thing is for sure, if you intend to become rich, school does not guarantee that. A lot of rich and successful people realise this and so induct their children into their businesses right away to get real world experience which is the best form of education.

These days many people go into school to accept whatever course they secure just for the purpose of a degree, to graduate and now be retrained to fit into what is required of them in where they are employed. Now tell me if you would work something totally different from your course of study, couldn't you have just initially trained in that field? Why did you have to waste at least 4 years reading, cramming and writing? That is to show you that the certificate is just a formality that employers request only because they are also caught up in the crazy system. Honestly, the really wise business owners are willing to employ a person without the certificate but the knowledge, rather than the other way round. One insight into the wise and successful entrepreneur's mind I got was when Jack Ma of Alibaba fortune said in employing, he doesn't look for the most qualified, but the most creative. Clearly schools don't teach you to be creative, they only teach what to think.

I could go on - as I haven't even mentioned those that have searched a job for years without luck like a thread I came across about a woman who intends selling her degree on eBay - but I would rather not because you don't require too many words to set off the brain cells to engineer thinking, and when too much is said, sometimes thoughts get lost in so many words. However I would leave this thought. Now is a time to do some serious thinking to reevaluate and reprioritise our lives. What is your definite major purpose? It's not going to school to get good grades, nor is it to get married and bear children. These are means to an end. After them what's next?
You need a rewiring of your mindset, a millionaire mind reconditioning. Money is a neutral device, your mindset is what makes you who you are when in possession of it - and positions you to possess it in the first place. You can live an extraordinary life if you choose to. Why be the manager when you can be the owner when even as a manager you are entitled to 10% of your efforts and stop earning when you stop working, but the owner keeps making money even without working and further transfers it to his children when he leaves the Earth.
It's time for our youths to be wise, it's not too late to do so.

If you need support on finding that purpose, I'll be glad to help. You can find my contact in my signature.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

System Analyst Or Programmer / Flourmills Competency Test / Webdesign/webhosting/cctv And Car Tracking Company In Nigeria. Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.