Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Beware Of Internet Fraudster 419! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Internet Fraudster 419! (614 Views)

Man Blames "Home Training" For Stopping Him From Being An Internet Fraudster / EFCC Arraigns Internet Fraudster In Ondo State / My Conversation With A Fraudster (419) *pic & Audio* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Internet Fraudster 419! by akwadedon(m): 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
IT'S ON BVN. DON'T IGNORE
Please read this carefully, it may save you a few hundred, or a few thousand, or may be a few million bucks. It's a personal experience, a true event that happened last sunday. I am Sunday Adewole, I just fell victim of fraudsters a few hours ago. I am an account holder with StanbicIBTC bank, I am trying to put fund together to pay for my daughter's tuition fee in CU in which case the institution already resumed last week. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from somebody purportedly from StanbicIBTC who said "Am I speaking with Dr. Adewole" (called out my other names) to which I answered in the affirmative. He said he called in respect of my BVN which I was observed not to have done, I replied that I already had it done with Skye bank and he said the bank will send me a link so that my account with Stanbic will be linked with the BVN. True to our conversation, I receive a message from StanbicIBTC in which an OTP was sent to my phone. A few minutes later, he called to ask if I got the the SMS, I told him yes but I can't do anything about it cos I was driving. He said no problem I should call out the numbers which I did and he thanked me for my cooperation in a customer service manner. I heard nothing since then till this afternoon at precisely 13:00 hrs when I received a SMS from StanbicIBTC informing me of a debit transaction which cleared my account to the lowest thousand, i.e. I was left with a paltry N685 (six hundred and eighty five naira). I called my account officer who confirmed to me that I have fallen victim of fraudsters and he checked up on my account and saw that the recipient acct is in First Bank. My puzzle is how did they get my account details? How were they able to generate an OTP to my phone. I am waiting to see what my bank would do on it. In the mean time, please be aware of what the 419 people can do. I'll keep you posted on any new development.
"A FRIEND SENT THIS" Have a blessed week.
Re: Beware Of Internet Fraudster 419! by missmary(f): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
embarassed
Re: Beware Of Internet Fraudster 419! by Vblossom: 10:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Good-day All.
Someone defrauded me of cash. He said he wanna offer me a job, little did I know he was a scam and I had already paid in 200,000 into the account. the account has been placed under watch, but the person has refused to use that said account after he withdrew the money maybe because he has account with other banks. what necessary/legal step should I take to getting his BVN to enable me trace his other account with other bank? Thank you all for your advise.

(1) (Reply)

Police Attempt To Sabotage Autopsy Of Murder Of Late Benson Obode By Some Police / Pictures Of The Building That Collapsed In Agungi Lekki On Tuesday. / Russia Being Warned Of Paying The Price Of Their Airstrikes In Syria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.