Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Any Mac Os X Fan Here - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Any Mac Os X Fan Here (3692 Views)

Lovers Of Apple Mac Os X / Best Karaoke Software For Mac OS X And Windows PC / Apple Ibook G4 Laptop*great Condition*mac Os Leopard*warri*benin- #70,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 10:31am On Apr 01, 2009
i finally bit the bullet and got myself an iMac running Mac OS X snow leopard recently and after using it for a couple of weeks , i wondered why i used that crap called windows for such a long time. anyone here feel the same ??
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by anuu01(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2009
Baba, nice one, i use a MacBook Pro too, i dont even know how to use a Windows machine again.

i just believe the Mac is the best thing to happen to me, makes using a computer exciting and a worthwhile experience,
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2009
Exactly. I still wonder how i managed to use crappy windows for such a long time without trying the Mac.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
apple mac is the ultimate.i need one again.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2009
what do u mean ??
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by xterra2(m): 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
I am a great Apple Fan
I love MAC!
I use the new Macbook Air and its very lovely,so slim adn the OS is wonderful!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by flyuche(m): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
no fans here. just mac owners
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2009
well am a fan and also a owner
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
you cant be a user and owner without being a fan.The mac operating system is far greater than windows.
Fans,Users,Owners what do u think?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by flyuche(m): 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
It would be nice to see your personalised desktop screenshots, apple fans.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by familierl: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
For those apple fans that still like window, partion ur apple mac with MAC OS and WINDOWS.Have fun!!!(Boot camp)
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
Well am actually using vmware fusion (u can use parallels as well).

I like to keep the junk called Windows in its own sandbox so that if there is any mess like a virus attack all i'll do is to move fusion into the trash and reinstall it again
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2009
sure
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by mamba74(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ Candylips

I am wondering how you got hold of snow leopard(OSX 10.6) while is not released yet,
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2009
My bad. Its leopard (10.5)
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by hustla(m): 4:06pm On May 15, 2009
Please I've been a fan for a lil while, how much can I get one, Fairly used or new in Lagos
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by marktwain: 9:28am On May 18, 2009
guys,
pls where can i buy an apple imac in Lagos?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:41am On May 18, 2009
i dunno where you can get it on lagos. But i guess you can order from the apple website online and they will ship it to you directly
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 8:37am On May 20, 2009
flyuche:

It would be nice  to see your personalised desktop  screenshots, apple fans.

I have been using mac (recently updated to version 10.5.6) for a while now, and I can confidently say its a far better OS, in my own opinion

@ flyuche, your answer attached. this is a 'spaces' screen shot from my mac.
@ candylips, Apple does not ship their products to Nigeria
@ marktwain/hustla: I can be of help if you are interested; mail me: loveblast@ymail.com

I wonder what I've been doing with windows all this while.

Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 9:36am On May 20, 2009
dude did u use expose for that screen shot
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 10:33am On May 20, 2009
No, I used spaces;
If you've got a mac, go to system preferences , desktop and screensaver , you'll see spaces. you may also activate it using 'hot corners' or pin it to your tray, as I did mine. It comes in handy if you dont want your screen looking clogged with different apps.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by adesh4real: 10:44am On May 20, 2009
Hello u must be a computer genius i hope we could be friends, this is my email address adelove4feeligs88@yahoo.com
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 11:01am On May 20, 2009
@ adesh4real, I wouldn't call myself that. check my email in my earlier posts. Mac OS really rocks!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2009
yea i know spaces. you can even configure certain apps to work on certain screens.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 11:51am On May 20, 2009
Good, Candylips. Using a mac is so intuitive that even when you work, its a breeze. Not to mention its play (i e entertainment) part. I'm amazed how few people in Nigeria know about Mac.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2009
I think its not really that popular because its too expensive for most folks in nigeria. Do u have a mac book pro or an iMac ?
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 12:36pm On May 20, 2009
Expensive only on the short term.

When I consider the fact that I don't have to worry my head updating antiviruses all the time, freezing now and again, etc AND I can even run two OS on the same system (check that out!!). Why, I think its quite economical.
Besides, Apple offers lots of budget options.

Well, I'm using a mac mini for now (felt like dumping my windows in the Atlantic 1 week after I got the mac!). Bought it just to play safe cuz at first I found it difficult to believe that Mac could do all what Apple claimed it does. Now I'm convinced beyond all reasonable doubts. Planning to get a Macbook or an iMac next month.

Mac rocks.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2009
Nice one  smiley  I hava an iMac. will probably get a mac mini as well soon.

Actually one of the main reasons i got a Mac was because of Final Cut pro
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 2:11pm On May 20, 2009
That is one sweet piece of sowftware you got there, task it to the full !!
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2009
Final Cut pro is one helluva software. Very easy and intuitive to use and full of some really wonderful features.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by swift1: 2:49pm On May 20, 2009
I'm sure that won't be the only thing you use it for. Mac is such a powerful machine that even the 'complicated' tasks in MS OS
becomes a child's play in Mac. I even read on pcworld.com that mac has topped the other PCs in sales in the US (that tells you something). More and more are floking to mac after a disappointing vista experience.

When I talk to my friends about this huge difference, they don't believe me; then I give them a simple demo, and they all go 'wow', I hope that very soon many more Nigerians will be saying the 'wow'.
Re: Any Mac Os X Fan Here by candylips(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2009
Yea the easy of use in Mac is unbelivable.

you know there was this time i was trying to connect a Vista latop to another Vista PC in a LAN and it wasn't straight forward(it was even worse when i wanted to do XP to Vista, had to download some compactibility patch) but i was surprised that when i booted up my mac it found the Vista PC automatically by ITSELF.
I didn't need to configure some stupid workgroup  and stuff it just worked out of the box !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brand New High Config Laptops At The Lowest Prices In Nigeria: Updated / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / Help! Idm Error: Unable To Rename Downloaded File From Temp Folder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.