Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Thought Of The Day! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Thought Of The Day! (391 Views)

How To Become A Thought Leader In Your Industry / Business Idea You Might Not Have Thought Of.......... Thank Me Later / Ever Thought Of Having Your Own Shop With Zero Capital! Here Is What You Need!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thought Of The Day! by engrbrume(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
'Thought Of The Day:
Don't listen to the masses on how to create wealth because 97% of people have no clue, I mean absolutely no freaking idea. At 17, after reading "Rich Dad Poor Dad" & "Think Big & Kick Ass" I began to question many things being taught to me by family, teachers, friends parents, all of it. It clearly states to "Take advice from people that have proven results." It doesn't say "take advice from mom/dad/teachers/whoever just because they're your elders or they're adults. That's plain dumb & makes no sense. If you want to be a millionaire then listen to millionaires. You want to make $50K a year? Go listen to "Uncle Jimmy Billy Bob Johnson."
I've also learned age means just about nothing when it comes to financial intelligence. There are young people who are financially free & get it. There are also 50 year old men with families who have 0 clue. A good rule of thumb in life, not only business, is to ONLY listen to and take advice from people who are currently leading the life you desire. If I am EVER in front of or near anyone who has what I want.. I immediately ask them, "What is the secret to your success / give me one tip." When you ask this #1 you make them feel good & #2 you're about to learn. Did this exact thing a few nights ago with the #2 sports agent in professional sports, I've done this to John Paul Digorio (Paul Mitchell Systems networth $2,800,000,000), & just about everyone else I come in contact with who's "Got It."
You wouldn't take advice about fitness from an overweight person or relationship advice from Tiger or Kobe.. So why are you listening to BROKE, yes I said BROKE family members, friends, & teachers?
It's too funny when people get started in Network Marketing and their friends say "Oh you got started in one of those things, oh no." My response and thought is "What the hell is your plan and what the hell are you even talking about? What are you doing to get wealthy? Slaving 8 hours a day being told when to take your own family on vacation? As you are in the hole $70,000 from your (education aka 4 year scam most of the time) This is MY way out!"
Anyways this may seem aggressive or mean or whatever but it's the TRUTH. What society and most households teach their kids, us, is disgusting. You should do what you love to do, get good enough at it, and eventually it will pay you. If you fully don't enjoy what you're doing, then stop doing it. Life's too short to not do what you love.
MAIN TAKEAWAY:
Listen to people who have what you want. And to everyone else, nod your head, smile, agree, & let it go in one ear and out the other' - Alex Morton.
Re: Thought Of The Day! by engrbrume(m): 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

Customized Cloth And Caps @smarthlee Concept / Any Solar Power Expert Installer In The House? / We Supply Pms In Tankers...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.