Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way (2870 Views)

Pictures: Game Of Thrones Kit Harington And Rose Leslie Tie The Knot In Scotland / Daddy Freeze Defends Linda Ikeji's Pregnancy With Biblical Backings / Kit Harington And Rose Leslie Are Engaged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:03am On Aug 31, 2015
There's a story in the Bible about a guy
named Samson, a very strong man with very long hair that had never been cut— and when it finally did get chopped off, he lost all his strength. It's the same thing with fat rappers.

A big belly is to a hip-hop star what long,
flowing locks were to people in the Old
Testament, apparently. Thus, when a good emcee who happens to be fat loses weight, he stops being good. By dropping pounds, they somehow stop dropping hits. Think about it. When was the last time you were excited about a Rick Ross album? He put out two last year. TWO!

Neither were very memorable Meanwhile, the guy is disappearing before our very eyes. Shout-out to all the pear, but they're seriously endangering his legacy.

The strength of once-obese rappers lies in the weight they shed. Perhaps their size gave them some sort of don't-give- a-Bleep attitude that fades away when they get healthy. There's another side to it, too:

Think of all the fat rappers out there still doing their thing and doing it well. Have guys like Bun B or Big Boi or Twista gone downhill? Nope. Neither have their waistlines. Action Bronson is fat and happy; Fat Trel is living up to his name, too. love-vendor C, Big Pun, Big Hawk, Fat Pat, Biggie Smalls ... they all died fat, and they all died at or near the top of their games (RIP).

Meanwhile, there are several current rappers who got swole and then got terrible. Let me explain.

Mike Jones:

Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:07am On Aug 31, 2015
WHO? In the mid-aughts, Mike Jones showed all the promise in the world —"281-330-8004 / Hit Mike Jones up on the low." He was on fire and destined for greatness ("Back then they didn't want me / Now I'm hot, they all on me"wink. Then he hit the gym.
Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:11am On Aug 31, 2015
FAT JOE:

With a name like Fat Joe, you can't just
stop being fat. It's blasphemy. Around
2005 (and not a moment after), Terror
Squad and co. was huge. So was Joe, in a
physical sense. Now, he has shrunk to virtually half his original size, and done
basically nothing else.

Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:16am On Aug 31, 2015
PAUL WALL:

Human bobble head Paul Wall had a moment about 10 years ago when he was all over the place; then he got his stomach stapled, which not only rendered him unrecognizable, but torpedoed his career.

All that lean the self-proclaimed "po' up poet" drinks probably doesn't help things, either.

Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:20am On Aug 31, 2015
SCARFACE:

Scarface is such a tiny guy now! He's also a living legend, and I guess he can sit on that for the rest of his life and never put out another hit, and that would be fine. Buuuut, that's clearly his plan: He hasn't done anything notable since maybe "My Block." He also lost about 100 pounds recently.

Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:23am On Aug 31, 2015
RICK ROSS:

I hate to break it to you, but Rick Ross
kinda sucks now. He used to be great, but his last few albums ... well, I'm going to just trail off here, because I can't name one good song off the most recent one, Hood Billionaire. Now all he's good for are guest spots. He's lost heft as a superstar, too.

Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by And9: 6:27am On Aug 31, 2015
I think I've made my point. I'm not
saying I want anyone to shy away from a
healthy lifestyle; it's just that a healthy
lifestyle is sometimes in direct
opposition to rap excellence. I love
Rozay. He seems like a good guy. He
owns a chain of Wing Stops. He's the
#10pcshawty, and he should stay that
way. He's perfect just the way he is. So
are all the other guys in the fat-rapper
cabal. This theory is true because it
came from the Bible.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the-biblical-theory-of-why-fat-rappers-should-stay-that-1682836701
Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Lmao!!!
Re: Leslie Horn's Biblical Theory Of Why American Fat Rappers Should Stay That Way by toyeoye(m): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2015
You have a point

(1) (Reply)

[ PHOTOS ] Penthauze Songstress Stormrex Styled For Her MTV Base Interview / Sarkodie Is Dead / Audio + Video : Lil Kesh Ft Drake - Closer Dan Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.