Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job (817 Views)

How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job / 4 Most Important Things To Include On Your Resume To Land A Job In Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job by careermasters: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2015
It is a big sad reality that most job seekers don't know the first thing about writing a resume. Most times, as an HR Manager, you see different types of funny looking resumes, that sometimes make you ask if indeed the applicants are graduates. In this our age in which there are millions of unemployed and little jobs available, it is important that tou have a resume that can stand out from the crowd, Trust me when I say that. I once did a recruitment excercise for a company,they needed two account officers, I posted the advert and by the next day I had over 1500 applications(I am not joking), so I did not need to go through all the Resumes, I only picked the ones that stood out from the crowd.

you will certainly need a resume if you are on the lookout for a job or looking to change jobs or career direction. the good news is everyone can write a resume but not everyone can write an outstanding resume. Before we get into what professional writers do,let me show you some basic techniques

A resume roughly translates in french to mean "summary"; it is a summary of your career history and achievements, knowledge, skills, education and ongoing professional development. Most employers are not interested in reading your life story, they only want a summary.some the techniques involved in writing a Resume(NOTE: a reume is also a curriculum vitae) include:

MAKE A CONNECTION: this is very important in a resume, this can simply be done by giving them the requirements asked for. Employers read piles of cv everyday, which is no easy task, that is why you need a comprehensive resume that stand out, so if you have the neccesary resume, this is the first step towards getting an interview.

YOUR RESUME IS A SALES BROCHURE: one of the the key objectives of your resume is to sell yourself. in the job market, you are a brand, so you need to sell your brand and differentiate yourself from other brands who are out there competing for the same job. your resume should be written in such a way that the reader is compelled to notice you in a positive way. you have about 20-35 seconds to get noticed , that is how long it takes a recruiter to either accept or reject your application. it is therefore paramount to quickly sell yourself by choosing the right layout, format and resume style.

The main purpose of a resume is to get you to the next step of the selection process, but it is not the final stage so you have to prepare yourself for the other levels. NOTE: Do not put something on your CV that you can't defend during an interview. it has been found that people lie in their CV just to sell themselves, but are not able to defend it during interviews, do not fall into this category. Sit down today and try and build a comprehensive resume to land you that your dream job

To get free CV appraisals, send your CV to careermastersnig@yahoo.com

[b][/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job by benosa11(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2015
Thanjs for the interesting tips, I just sent you my CV for your advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job by y4code(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2015
can I still send my resume?
Re: How To Prepare A Comprehensive Resume To Land You Your Dream Job by jesshalley333: 10:14am On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks for cool tips, pal! I want to add a few myself. To conquered the job of your dream you need a perfect Linkedin profile as well. Here's cool advice I found: https://resumeadvise.com/10-secrets-of-the-perfect-profile-on-linkedin/

(1) (Reply)

Brush Up Your Critical Thinking And Reasoning Skills Using SMART GUIDE / Pic-when You Learnt How To Make Tea In China- Ali The Last Bender. / The Magic Of Thinking Big And Why You Should Set Big Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.