Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here (2461 Views)

How To Start Water Melon Farming In Nigeria / Help Water Melon Farmers I Need To Solve This Fast / Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2015
i got one hecter of land and i really want to go into watermelon farming but dont know much about the farming, pls some one in the house with good ideas that could help a begiener should assist me.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 9:28am On Aug 31, 2015
my farm is located at Aniocha, (one man vilage) in awka, going through the old express, i leased the land, and right now the tractors are clearing the land, hope it would do well in this part of the country,
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Pavore9: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2015
pamdaniel:
my farm is located at Aniocha, (one man vilage) in awka, going through the old express, i leased the land, and right now the tractors are clearing the land, hope it would do well in this part of the country,

Also think of cucumber and lettuce. Go through threads that focused on them and you will certainly get people to link up with, people who are practically on ground. The market is there for you as there over 50 hotels within Awka that you can approach to sell directly to thereby cutting them off from going to Eke Awka to buy them. l know those traders at Eke Awka get their supplies from the North unless that has changed. You will be at an advantage if you get the cultivation and marketing right.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
Pavore9:

Also think of cucumber and lettuce. Go through threads that focused on them and you will certainly get people to link up with, people who are practically on ground. The market is there for you as there over 50 hotels within Awka that you can approach to sell directly to thereby cutting them off from going to Eke Awka to buy them. l know those traders at Eke Awka get their supplies from the North unless that has changed. You will be at an advantage if you get the cultivation and marketing right.
thanks pavero, you have always been so helpful with ur sugestions, can i intercrop lettuce with water melon?
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Pavore9: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
pamdaniel:

thanks pavero, you have always been so helpful with ur sugestions, can i intercrop lettuce with water melon?

Don't intercrop rather section the land whereby in each section you have a different crop. Check out this link https://www.nairaland.com/2534011/fresh-lettuce-new-green-crude#37071947 so you have an idea how your lettuce section should be looking when you go into it.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
i never knew that birds eat up watermelon seeds, they even dig the soil to get the ses out, this economic hardship even affected the birds, them hungry pass humans, pls what do i do to stop them from eating up the seeds, or is there anything i can do b4 panting
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2015
pamdaniel:
i never knew that birds eat up watermelon seeds, they even dig the soil to get the ses out, this economic hardship even affected the birds, them hungry pass humans, pls what do i do to stop them from eating up the seeds, or is there anything i can do b4 panting
Sorry op, I would have advice u to plant along with warmforce but this day warmforce I used are not that effective as it use to be. If u can get this chemical called cobra mix ur seed wth the chemical and plant if any birds dear it rest in peace. One other method I use is plant in such a way that the birds and small animals won't know you have planted, press the holes with ur foot after sowing the seeds. If it rain same say u planted then you are safe...... Best of luck.......... Farming no be moi moi.... every new day with it challenges....
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by gaussy(m): 11:53am On Oct 11, 2015
Alternatively you cam plant the seeds in a nursery before transplanting. Goodluck
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
Soloxam:
Sorry op, I would have advice u to plant along with warmforce but this day warmforce I used are not that effective as it use to be. If u can get this chemical called cobra mix ur seed wth the chemical and plant if any birds dear it rest in peace. One other method I use is plant in such a way that the birds and small animals won't know you have planted, press the holes with ur foot after sowing the seeds. If it rain same say u planted then you are safe...... Best of luck.......... Farming no be moi moi.... every new day with it challenges....
thanks so much, brother from another mother, where can i get this chemicals? really need to get reed of those birds
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2015
gaussy:
Alternatively you cam plant the seeds in a nursery before transplanting.
Goodluck
thanks for ur advice bro, but i am just immaginning were i am transplanting for one hecter of land, i fit die b4 i finish na
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 5:46am On Oct 13, 2015
pamdaniel:
thanks so much, brother from another mother, where can i get this chemicals? really need to get reed of those birds
check any agro shop aroUnd u.

1 Like

Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2015
that i would do this morn
Soloxam:
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by pamdaniel(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
broi searched round the whole of enugu i could not get the chemical, can u be able to direct me where u normaly ge urs. thanks for ur help
Soloxam:
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by koolpapa(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
I am farming 2hecter,I just finish my transplanting 2day.if u can't find chemical pls use nursary is still better than u planting in vain

@ soloxam pls check the picture and advice what chemical to use and time to applly sir

Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
pamdaniel:
broi searched round the whole of enugu i could not get the chemical, can u be able to direct me where u normaly ge urs. thanks for ur help
Bro I get my from Ibadan oooo. Though it a very scares product......
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
koolpapa:
I am farming 2hecter,I just finish my transplanting 2day.if u can't find chemical pls use nursary is still better than u planting in vain

@ soloxam pls check the picture and advice what chemical to use and time to applly sir
Bro you have beetles and crickets on ur seedling, if you are around Ib locate my office around custom office and get fighter 35 EC.... Other wise let me know ur location so that I can advice u on ur closet out let.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by koolpapa(m): 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
Soloxam:
Bro you have beetles and crickets on ur seedling, if you are around Ib locate my office around custom office and get fighter 35 EC.... Other wise let me know ur location so that I can advice u on ur closet out let.

Thanks for your response,I am in lagos sir I can call you if you don't mind so that u advice me where applicable sir.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
koolpapa:

Thanks for your response,I am in lagos sir I can call you if you don't mind so that u advice me where applicable sir.
please do.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Faber(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2015
hi brothers
I am a newbie in watermelon farming. I got 2hts located at Amsnsea, Awka, Anambra state. The plants are 3 wks old. I just noticed since yesterday that their leaves are folding/ squeezing. I need help and advice from professionals in the house cos is not a pest problem for I have pesticided them twice now.

Furthermore, I need advice on the best fertilizer to apply to them. some ask me to go by Urea( the white one);while other farmers advice me to go by NPK. so I need help to know which way to follow, cos I more confused than confusion itself. I sincerely need and would appreciate help from the experts in the house.
Thank you all pals.
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by xheyi: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
For any pest use laraforce or Cyberforce..
Very effective
Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by JEkene123(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hello everyone! I am new here. Thanks for the insightful adviceadvice on this Thread. Also want to say a big thanks to @soloxam for the meet up at Technism office in Kano. Thanks for the insight you shared on watermelon

1 Like

Re: Water Melon Farmers In The House, Pls Lets Share Ideas Here by Soloxam(m): 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
JEkene123:
Hello everyone! I am new here. Thanks for the insightful adviceadvice on this Thread. Also want to say a big thanks to @soloxam for the meet up at Technism office in Kano. Thanks for the insight you shared on watermelon
You are welcome boss, wish you best of luck......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fish Ponds For Rent In Abuja / An Oha Plantation / Alogo Cassava Foundation(ACF).............creating Wealth Using Cassava.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.