Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

Fans Express Disappointed Over Lauryn Hill Lagos Concert (See Tweets) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fans Express Disappointed Over Lauryn Hill Lagos Concert (See Tweets) (592 Views)

Photos From Mayorkun “mayor Of Lagos” Concert In Ibadan / Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning / Lauryn Hill At African Shrine Last Night (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Express Disappointed Over Lauryn Hill Lagos Concert (See Tweets) by contactmorak: 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
The Lauryn Hill concert held yesterday in Lagos was filled with guests. However, a lot of things didn't go right with the concert. It's like the organisers, May Day Live, are still very much experimenting with organising events. Recall that Lauryn Hill blamed them earlier in the year for her inability to honour the concert initially slated to hold in May.

See more photos from the concert and what angry and disappointed fans tweeted about it.

Chiamaka Obuekwe wrote; "It wasn't worth the wait anything. Anyway, I didnt wait. How can I have paid 20k (10k each for two regular tickets for a show that was supposed to start by 6pm and by 10:30 pm we had not even been allowed to enter the Hall. It was soooooooooooooooooo disgusting and unprofessional especially being that it was a Sunday night. Seriously? I am still pissed. I'm at work right now and she came by 1:20am imagne that. May Day live NG is so irresponsible. No one even came outside to apologise or explain to us. Gosh . I have lost trust and faith for concerts in Nigeria. This is very SAD"

@Ms_Isioma; There's 'fashionably' late &
then there's 'disrespectful &
very poorly behaved' late.
*smh* " @ElohoOmame
Lauryn Hill. This is 11pm oh."

@TexTheLaw; There1ce was a MsLaurynHill 2ce brought naija people unchill
Shoutout to the heroes
Who spent all those zeroes
To take yet 1more bitter pill"

@TerfaTQ; 1130pm.7pm show starts they said.These are new & better promoters they said. Lauryn Hill has changed they said.Somebody lied.
@maydayliveng"

@Fodewunmi; Cause the concert is nothing
to write home about. Almost
12 and no concert yet!"

VictorEhikh; We had dinner here. They are now serving breakfast at the #Laurynhill concert. This is not bad after all. *Coffee
please!*"

@toluogunlesi; It's like the Lauryn Hill crowd
will get to ask themselves
'How was your night?' before
leaving Eko Hotel."

@Osi_Suave; Abi dem never pay Lauryn Hill her balance?"

@toluogunlesi; 'The Mis-Timing of Lauryn
Hill'"

@tundde; Aunty #laurynhill , but there's
work tomorrow o... Please
epp us and come so we can
start this show. Please epp"

@TerfaTGThe organisation by@maydayliveng for the
Lauryn Hill concert is the
worst I have ever seen.
Ineptitude turned into an art
form"

Lord flacko said; They keep importing artistes with dead careers to perform in naija, and some Nigerians too will carry their money to watch em perform."

The event was hosted by Steel and Vina as opposed to Basketmouth who had been used to lure people to the event. The official event DJ, DJ Jimmy Jatt was absent from his decks as well. Guess Jimmy got a better offer to perform somewhere else and asked one of his boys to handle that.

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/08/girl-spreads-her-legs-for-tuface-idibia.html

Re: Fans Express Disappointed Over Lauryn Hill Lagos Concert (See Tweets) by Tocheagle(m): 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
I can't even pay 5 naira to go and see an irrelevant artiste
Re: Fans Express Disappointed Over Lauryn Hill Lagos Concert (See Tweets) by mayorjosh(m): 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
I watched the show.it was nonsense

When victoria kimani was singing,people were looking like zombies.d sound composure was bad,d show was a big disaster

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: M.I Abaga Takes Next Album To Jay Z’s Tidal / P Square Under Fire From Angry Washington DC Fans For Four Hours Delay / That Was Fast! Amber Rose Has A New Man And He’s A Baller..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.