Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. (4720 Views)

Car Freaks – Which Car Will You Give Your All For? / Uber Car That Arrived To Pick Up A Lady In Ghana (Photos) / I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by PrinceDave001(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi guys,I currently drive a Honda baby boy which I intend changing by November but I have selected four cars which I really luv and is within my budget.....
1)Toyota corolla 2005.
2)Hyundai elantra 2009.
3)Toyota rav4 2001-2005 model
4)Honda accord 2007.
I have friends using each of these cars and each of dem kip pikin theirs ova others,its so confusing....gurus in d house kindly advise which is d most reliable to pick.
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by shaiba(f): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
It depends on what you want to use it for and if you have a family.

My pick will be the Toyota rav4 2001-2005 model, considering the state of most of our roads cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by billy187(m): 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
I'd avoid the rav4, unless its certified. ( good luck figuring that on the nigerian market) Why? Those years are plagued with a ecu problem that affects the trans. I also wonder why the hell a 2005 toyota corolla is on your list! its almost a lateral move from your Accord in terms of features and drive quality. I would go for the elantra or '07 accord (toss a coin, perhaps?)grin

But hey, dont go for a car just 'cos your friends recommend it....take a day off and wander the dealerships all over....find the car that clicks with your soul and bring her home..you will definetly not regret it!wink

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by vani86: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Why is 2007 camry not in the list or 2005 highlander. Juat asking
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
Get a Benz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by PrinceDave001(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2015
I personally prefer the Hyundai elantra or the corolla,I would have gone with the 2007 accord but I can't keep having the fear of ball joints I have been having though it has never happened to my 1999 accord.
Am also aware of the ecu problem for the 2001-2005 rav4 models.
Guess I'll go for either the 2009 elantra or the corolla although the rav4 is still tempting. I will still appreciate more views especially from users of these cars.
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by PrinceDave001(m): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
shuuuu!!! more than 300 views yet no advice,guess its because I listed four cars.
okay I have trimmed it to two,kindly advice me which should I choose between the corolla 2005 or the elantra.
Help a brother my people!!!
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by tivta(m): 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
PrinceDave001:
shuuuu!!! more than 300 views yet no advice,guess its because I listed four cars.
okay I have trimmed it to two,kindly advice me which should I choose between the corolla 2005 or the elantra.
Help a brother my people!!!
Toyota all the way...
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by PrinceDave001(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
tivta:
Toyota all the way...
tnks
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by heffem(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Op, all of the cars u listed, I would have preferred the rav4, buh the generall problem it has is that of its "brain-box", which affects the transmission, slowing it down unnecessarily..... I travel a lot with tokunboh cars to long distances, and know what each of these cars gives on the road.....in this world and in the next....I could kill for a toyota corolla cars.......reasons......its fuel consumption rate is superb, its acceleration is out-of-this-world, above all, its maintenance is cheaper. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by FlyboyZee: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
PrinceDave001:
I personally prefer the Hyundai elantra or the corolla,I would have gone with the 2007 accord but I can't keep having the fear of ball joints I have been having though it has never happened to my 1999 accord.
Am also aware of the ecu problem for the 2001-2005 rav4 models.
Guess I'll go for either the 2009 elantra or the corolla although the rav4 is still tempting. I will still appreciate more views especially from users of these cars.
If you buy either the Corolla, Elantra or Rav4, be it known that you are downgrading. Don't expect performance to be up to scratch, because you'll definitely be comparing them with the Accord too just ditch and would find out that the Accord is way above their class.

I'm speaking from experience. I downgraded from a 2002 Acura TL Type S to a 2010 Honda Civic Coupé and am testifying that I miss the TL like I've lost a part of me. You'll most definitely regret if you downgrade because the feel, handling and road presence of the Accord is incomparable to any of those other cars. If you had thrown a Camry in the mix, I'd have suggested 2 options for you, but as it stands right now, the Accord would do you more good...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by FlyboyZee: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
heffem:
Op, all of the cars u listed, I would have preferred the rav4, buh the generall problem it has is that of its "brain-box", which affects the transmission, slowing it down unnecessarily..... I travel a lot with tokunboh cars to long distances, and know what each of these cars gives on the road.....in this world and in the next....I could kill for a toyota corolla cars.......reasons......its fuel consumption rate is superb, its acceleration is out-of-this-world, above all, its maintenance is cheaper. Thank me later
Sorry to spoil your fun Bro...
You don't mention a Toyota Corolla and acceleration on the same page. If its for acceleration, the Civic is ahead of the Corolla.
For cheaper parts, well LuvinHubby would let you know if you are correct.

Like seriously, are you now comparing a Corolla to an Accord? The OP said he drives an Accord now and you are advising him to downgrade to a Corolla? Even going ahead to give the Corolla credentials even the Camry, its bigger brother would celebrate. Haba jama'a! The Corolla is no doubt a good car, but its being highly overrated...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by heffem(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Sorry to spoil your fun Bro...
You don't mention a Toyota Corolla and acceleration on the same page. If its for acceleration, the Civic is ahead of the Corolla.
For cheaper parts, well LuvinHubby would let you know if you are correct.

Like seriously, are you now comparing a Corolla to an Accord? The OP said he drives an Accord now and you are advising him to downgrade to a Corolla? Even going ahead to give the Corolla credentials even the Camry, its bigger brother would celebrate. Haba jama'a! The Corolla is no doubt a good car, but its being highly overrated...
. Overrated did u just say? Sorry bro...u gat dat WRONG I must say
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by adanny01(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
heffem:
. Overrated did u just say? Sorry bro...u gat dat WRONG I must say

OP's list is highly inappropriate. The 2007 Accord is incomparable to any car on the list. How can 05 Corolla appear on the same list with 07 Accord? Unless fuel economy is his only criteria, if you consider all criteria, Accord stands out.

Instead of 05 Corolla, i would prefer 09 Elantra.

My list in order of preference is

07 Accord
09 Elantra
05 Corolla
05 Rav4

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by heffem(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
adanny01:

OP's list is highly inappropriate. The 2007 Accord is incomparable to any car on the list. How can 05 Corolla appear on the same list with 07 Accord? Unless fuel economy is his only criteria, if you consider all criteria, Accord stands out.

Instead of 05 Corolla, i would prefer 09 Elantra.

My list in order of preference is

07 Accord
09 Elantra
05 Corolla
05 Rav4
. Thou we all av our choices.......buh bro, do consider corolla's maintenance and fuel consumption rate.......I'm sure u will marvel
Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by adanny01(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
heffem:
. Thou we all av our choices.......buh bro, do consider corolla's maintenance and fuel consumption rate.......I'm sure u will marvel

On maintenance, i prefer buying Honda ball joints which are far cheaper than buying Toyota shock absorbers which is the common problem of toyota. Almost every friend i have with Toyota has changed shocks at one point or multiple times.

Fuel consumption of Civic is same class with Corolla but Civic has better acceleration. You should not be comparing fuel consumption of 2.4l Accord to 1.6 ot 1.8l corolla engines.

Anyone who choses fuel economy should not complain when he has been dusted or compete with suprerior cars. You cant eat your cake and have it, you choose.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. by FlyboyZee: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
adanny01:

On maintenance, i prefer buying Honda ball joints which are far cheaper than buying Toyota shock absorbers which is the common problem of toyota. Almost every friend i have with Toyota has changed shocks at one point or multiple times.

Fuel consumption of Civic is same class with Corolla but Civic has better acceleration. You should not be comparing fuel consumption of 2.4l Accord to 1.6 ot 1.8l corolla engines.

Anyone who choses fuel economy should not complain when he has been dusted or compete with suprerior cars. You cant eat your cake and have it, you choose.
Spot on. Thanks for reiterating my point. All this 'my Toyota est fantastique' boys won't allow people to even reason again. Lol.

Its only in Nigeria and Nigerians that feel the Accord is in same class as the Corolla. Forgetting that the Civic will thrash the Corolla in many ramifications. It is insulting to be comparing the Accord and Corolla, there is actually no basis for that.

OP, if you downgrade to a Corolla, I can bet a rat's a$$ that you will regret your decision. Enjoying a car is not down to fuel economy and low maintenance costs alone. You gat to feel the car to make it worth your while...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Signs And Symptoms Of Bad Or Failing Glow Plugs In Diesel Cars / Change Wheel Bearing Or Buying Complete Hub / See The Latest Rolls Royce, Gosh! Poverty Is Not Good (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.