Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,959 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK (2381 Views)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Eritrean Immigrant Emerges From A Suitcase In Switzerland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by ducii: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-lrukdIjDdfE/VeIkCD2mTdI/AAAAAAAGZ3U/5glRzjsl5yo/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]
Nigerian man, Lekan Odesanya wrote a petition on change.org to the UK Homeland office over plans to deport him to Nigerian unlawfully. His petition below...
My name is Lekan Kamson Odesanya, I am a 33 years old Nigerian DJ and photographer living at 58 stow crescent London e17. I came into UK in 2004 with a student visa and I was one month late to renew my visa which by law is an immigration offense. I was arrested on my way back from a gig with Tim Westwood in 2007 October 5th. I was granted a temporary admission to remain in UK since 8th of October 2007 with conditions I must report at London Bridge Becket house weekly..
I have been signing in at becket house since 2007 till august 2015 ,i took permission from home office to marry Miss L in 2009, i was granted yes to go ahead , in june 2009 i married my 2 years girlfriend and after this i applied for work permit to work and take care of myself and my wife since she is yet to complete a micro biology course at university, i was told to tell my wife to stop her education and move back to nigeria with me , they rejected my application on this reason , i filled in for reconsideration (appeal) which i was told i was entitled to , they wrote me to still keep signing that they will consider and get back to me from 2009 till september 22nd 2014 when i went to sign in at London bridge as usual , they forcefully carried me into a Bullion Van , Drove me to Dover Prison and kept me there for 17 days , i didn't eat (not that they didn't offer me) i was praying to God to come help me Out , A judge looked into my matter and ordered that i be released because i have been compliant , the 2 things the home office put on my name as criminal offence is Driving without insurance and Using swear word .
i have never broken the law of England ,i have never post a threat or fraud or theft of anything . i don't claim any benefit or funds . i am a dj and god has blessed me with skills , i make T shirts too and i am good with children .
I was released from Dover prison in October 2014 on the order of the judge who said i am eligible to remain in the united kingdom that all i need is a good lawyer and sort myself out , (i have been my own lawyer since after 2009).
when i came out of dover i continue going to sign as it is requested on my bail until 13th of August when i went to sign and i had realised they were gonna take me to dover again , i escaped by saying i was going to toilet ..
This Monday 24th august 2014 the immigration told police to come and bring me to them that i had escaped deportation , they came with 2 vans , i find a way to run away from them barefooted , they chased me i broke 2 ankles and was gushing blood i never stopped , i hid in between a thorn tree and covered myself with the leave , they called in chopper which was searching for almost 2 hours , God did not let them see me because my neighbours kept distracting them
i am not a criminal or animal , i almost lost my life , i bleed so much a passer bye wept and cleaned me , i couldn't go to hospital because i am afraid of immigration , my 20 years old brother who is a talented footballer is a father , i am my brothers father ,i am all that he has left as Father Figure, i need to help my brother raise his son and be a good uncle ,it is our custom and tradition , Separating me and my brother and My First and Only Nephew will kill me more , i don't feel my immigration status because of my family around they give me the joy i know and thats why i am able to make thousands happy despite my situation , i have build a business here in uk , i distributed the afro beat music in uk taking Parties from London to coventry , everything about me is online , i am a devoted christian , i am lekan kamson odesanya (google me ) i need someone to help me , i am going to die please help i am 33 years old and stuck .

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/08/man-petitions-uk-homeland-over-plans-to.html
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by delishpot: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thinking of what to say about this......

See how he wants to kobalize his neighbours sha.

Anyway, why grant him permit to bring his wife only to deport him and her again? I dont get it
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by ducii: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
delishpot:
Thinking of what to say about this......

See how he wants to kobalize his neighbours sha.

Anyway, why grant him permit to bring his wife only to deport him and her again? I dont get it

His wife is from the UK, he needed permission to marry her because he didn't have the legal status to do so in the UK.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by delishpot: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
ducii:

His wife is from the UK, he needed permission to marry her because he didn't have the legal status to do so in the UK.

So why are they sending her back to naijA with him? If she was a citizen they wont deport her with him unless she was running some illegal stuff with him.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by saheedbadmus(m): 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
may God see u 2ru bro...immigration wahala here and there chaii..

....[size=18pt]SANTOMA[/size] in the building...
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by claremont(m): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
ducii:
Driving without insurance and Using swear word .
i have never broken the law of England ,i

Firstly, driving without insurance is a big offence in the UK, the implications of which is only felt when you do get into a road traffic collision. You shouldn't have done this. Secondly, why did you not renew your student visa on time?!

Thirdly, if your wife is British, why have the both of you not taking advantage of the Surinder Singh immigration loophole?!

You really need to be speaking to a good immigration solicitor. I think your options are to either utilize the Surinder Singh loophole by emigrating to Ireland and living for a minimum of 3 months, or go back to Nigeria and apply for a Spouse visa. If you choose the latter option, be prepared for a long battle with the UKBA before you get the Spouse visa based on your previous offences. If I were in your shoes, I will be doing some research into the Surinder Singh route.

3 Likes

Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by Emmyk(m): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
This is serious.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by ollins(m): 9:19am On Sep 01, 2015
Somethings don't add up in this story.he said he wwas kept in a cell without feeding for 17 days,I find that very hard to believe. we are talking of a first world country here
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by justwise(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2015
ducii:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-lrukdIjDdfE/VeIkCD2mTdI/AAAAAAAGZ3U/5glRzjsl5yo/s1600/unnamed.jpg[/img]
Nigerian man, Lekan Odesanya wrote a petition on change.org to the UK Homeland office over plans to deport him to Nigerian unlawfully. His petition below...
My name is Lekan Kamson Odesanya, I am a 33 years old Nigerian DJ and photographer living at 58 stow crescent London e17. I came into UK in 2004 with a student visa and I was one month late to renew my visa which by law is an immigration offense. I was arrested on my way back from a gig with Tim Westwood in 2007 October 5th. I was granted a temporary admission to remain in UK since 8th of October 2007 with conditions I must report at London Bridge Becket house weekly..
I have been signing in at becket house since 2007 till august 2015 ,i took permission from home office to marry Miss L in 2009, i was granted yes to go ahead , in june 2009 i married my 2 years girlfriend and after this i applied for work permit to work and take care of myself and my wife since she is yet to complete a micro biology course at university, i was told to tell my wife to stop her education and move back to nigeria with me , they rejected my application on this reason , i filled in for reconsideration (appeal) which i was told i was entitled to , they wrote me to still keep signing that they will consider and get back to me from 2009 till september 22nd 2014 when i went to sign in at London bridge as usual , they forcefully carried me into a Bullion Van , Drove me to Dover Prison and kept me there for 17 days , i didn't eat (not that they didn't offer me) i was praying to God to come help me Out , A judge looked into my matter and ordered that i be released because i have been compliant , the 2 things the home office put on my name as criminal offence is Driving without insurance and Using swear word .
i have never broken the law of England ,i have never post a threat or fraud or theft of anything . i don't claim any benefit or funds . i am a dj and god has blessed me with skills , i make T shirts too and i am good with children .
I was released from Dover prison in October 2014 on the order of the judge who said i am eligible to remain in the united kingdom that all i need is a good lawyer and sort myself out , (i have been my own lawyer since after 2009).
when i came out of dover i continue going to sign as it is requested on my bail until 13th of August when i went to sign and i had realised they were gonna take me to dover again , i escaped by saying i was going to toilet ..
This Monday 24th august 2014 the immigration told police to come and bring me to them that i had escaped deportation , they came with 2 vans , i find a way to run away from them barefooted , they chased me i broke 2 ankles and was gushing blood i never stopped , i hid in between a thorn tree and covered myself with the leave , they called in chopper which was searching for almost 2 hours , God did not let them see me because my neighbours kept distracting them
i am not a criminal or animal , i almost lost my life , i bleed so much a passer bye wept and cleaned me , i couldn't go to hospital because i am afraid of immigration , my 20 years old brother who is a talented footballer is a father , i am my brothers father ,i am all that he has left as Father Figure, i need to help my brother raise his son and be a good uncle ,it is our custom and tradition , Separating me and my brother and My First and Only Nephew will kill me more , i don't feel my immigration status because of my family around they give me the joy i know and thats why i am able to make thousands happy despite my situation , i have build a business here in uk , i distributed the afro beat music in uk taking Parties from London to coventry , everything about me is online , i am a devoted christian , i am lekan kamson odesanya (google me ) i need someone to help me , i am going to die please help i am 33 years old and stuck .

The story does not add up and the part he claimed not to gave broken law in England is just nonsense. All these self-pity immigration stories doesn't move me.

Playing the marriage card does not always work.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by justi4jesu(f): 9:53am On Sep 01, 2015
Since 2004, what was he thinking, that he could play hide and seek angry
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by ducii: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2015
justwise:

The story does not add up and the part he claimed not to gave broken law in England is just nonsense. All these self-pity immigration stories doesn't move me.

Playing the marriage card does not always work.

This guy is stuck and needs some guidance on how he can get out of this quagmire, offer some solution not to start blaming him at this instance. The mistake has already been done, now lets proffer some solutions.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by worry359(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2015
He is an illegal in the UK and should return to his home country.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by justwise(m): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2015
ducii:

This guy is stuck and needs some guidance on how he can get out of this quagmire, offer some solution not to start blaming him at this instance. The mistake has already been done, now lets proffer some solutions.

He has a lawyer already so he doesn't need my advice.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by sobastical: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

He has a lawyer already so he doesn't need my advice.

Exactly! The brother actually knows the law and yet still kick against it, I don't know what else he was expecting after being caught.... I pray his duper lawyer get him out of the mess
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by cupidhero(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Niggas! Lord knows i can't tolerate this sort of treatment.
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
Weytin concern me and uk wey like permit for everytin..
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by semac00(m): 3:48am On Sep 02, 2015
ollins:
Somethings don't add up in this story.he said he wwas kept in a cell without feeding for 17 days,I find that very hard to believe. we are talking of a first world country here

Please read what he wrote again you should be able to understand now. He said he did not eat but in brackets he said not that he was not offered food. I think he was fasting or hunger strike.

1 Like

Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by ducii: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2015
semac00:

Please read what he wrote again you should be able to understand now. He said he did not eat but in brackets he said not that he was not offered food. I think he was fasting or hunger strike.

Yea that's true, but i think he desperately needs help
Re: Pics:please Help Share A Nigerian Immigrant's Story In The UK by Portsmouth86(f): 4:03am On Nov 21, 2015
claremont:

Firstly, driving without insurance is a big offence in the UK, the implications of which is only felt when you do get into a road traffic collision. You shouldn't have done this. Secondly, why did you not renew your student visa on time?!

Thirdly, if your wife is British, why have the both of you not taking advantage of the Surinder Singh immigration loophole?!

You really need to be speaking to a good immigration solicitor. I think your options are to either utilize the Surinder Singh loophole by emigrating to Ireland and living for a minimum of 3 months, or go back to Nigeria and apply for a Spouse visa. If you choose the latter option, be prepared for a long battle with the UKBA before you get the Spouse visa based on your previous offences. If I were in your shoes, I will be doing some research into the Surinder Singh route.

Can i point out that a EU citizen has to be working (not just living) 12 weeks and 1 day from the date their spouse is in the EU state with them in which the Brit or other EU state member are exercising their treaty rights.

its taking on average of about 5-6 months from entry to the 5yr Family permit, if my husband doesn't get his spouse visa i will be going to Ireland ...or Malta both of which is English speaking smiley

(1) (Reply)

Visa For Germany 2021 / How Do I Get A Shenge Visa Without Any Document To Show / Nigerians To Be Banned From Entering Philippines On Student Visa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.