Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland (5945 Views)

Animal Brutality And Stupidity At Its Peak! (photo) / Justice For Dog Brutality / Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
After my first thread of condemning snake brutality on Nairaland, I've counted nothing less than 8 more threads on snake killings. The one of this evening happened somewhere along Lekki - Epe expressway. https://www.nairaland.com/2566364/huge-python-killed-along-lekki
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ That place is still developing and so it's still a natural habitat to snakes and other wild animals. Man has proven himself to be animals' worst enemy, we know that and can't do anything about it. But my problem here is, why do men get accolades for killing animals? And why is Nairaland currently the platform for glorifying this brutality?
Seun would never allow threads for dogs brutality on Nairaland, talk more of giving them the front page grace. But he allows the same for snakes. That's hypocrisy! angry angry Just continue...God is watching all of you!

See the beautiful animals you kill. If God doesn't love them he wouldn't have created them. So continue, you evil souls!

[img]http://4.bp..com/-N9WkMQIr990/TjOVVAtMBQI/AAAAAAAADkg/62LNPjyowHQ/s1600/20.Blue+Coral+Snake.jpg[/img]

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by ladyF(f): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
Don't mind them, I keep on telling them not to kill these poor creatures cry

Catch them and take them to the zoo instead grin
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by ishadfurnitures: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
Lol
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by nochildsplay(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
Give me 5 reason why I shouldn't terminate a snake life at sight! Before it inject its venom on me ? (5 marks) grin

Biblically from the begining Snake happen to be a quite and peaceful animanl but the devil has used it's image to manipulate Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, which as lead to the Terrorism, Corruption and Racism we are facing in our society today

2 Likes

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by gwas(m): 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
Op how many snakes you don catch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by hummerwise(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
e be like sey make i slap this op..
snake na man's friend na..
yu shud wait until yu come across one someday, then yu can come bk and tell dsame story

1 Like

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by witnezHD(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
op your brain need reboot....
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2015
nochildsplay:
Give me 5 reason why I shouldn't terminate a snake life at sight! Before it inject its venom on me ? (5 marks) grin

Biblically from the begining Snake happen to be a quite and peaceful animanl but the devil has used it's image to manipulate Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, which as lead to the Terrorism, Corruption and Racism we are facing in our society today
1. A snake would never attack a human unless provoked. People say snakes can attack a person when he sleeps but that's a very fat lie! Snakes are almost blind creatures, they follow mostly sound and faint movement of objects. If they notice a human around, they turn back.

2. Once u chase a snake from a place it would never come back again. So in case a snake in that same place next time, it must be another one.

3. Snakes don't feed all the time like ur useless, noisy dogs. A python usually feeds two or 3 times a year. So it hardly attacks animals, not to mention humans. The smaller snakes hunt rats and insects that worry you to survive.

4. Pythons are constrictors. Most of the dead snakes displayed on Nairaland are pythons. These creatures kill their preys by squeezing and swallowing them as a whole. They are non-venomous, so even if they bite you (I pray they do someday) you only need to treat the wound against tetanus.

5. They're lovely animals created by the God u serve, and they're not as dangerous as they look! I get more terrified when I see silly, over-fed dogs barking at me. So, in all ramification, your dog is more dangerous than the most poisonous snake on earth.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
hummerwise:
e be like sey make i slap this op..
snake na man's friend na..
yu shud wait until yu come across one someday, then yu can come bk and tell dsame story
Slap yourself! Fool! angry
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by nochildsplay(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

1. A snake would never attack a human unless provoked. People say snakes can attack a person when he sleeps but that's a very fat lie! Snakes are almost blind creatures, they follow mostly sound and faint movement of objects. If they notice a human around, they turn back.

2. Once u chase a snake from a place it would never come back again. So in case a snake in that same place next time, it must be another one.

3. Snakes don't feed all the time like ur useless, noisy dogs. A python usually feeds two or 3 times a year. So it hardly attacks animals, not to mention humans. The smaller snakes hunt rats and insects that worry you to survive.

4. Pythons are constrictors. Most of the dead snakes displayed on Nairaland are pythons. These creatures kill their preys by squeezing and swallowing them as a whole. They are non-venomous, so even if they bite you (I pray they do someday) you only need to treat the wound against tetanus.

5. They're lovely animals created by the God u serve, and they're not as dangerous as they look! I get more terrified when I see silly, over-fed dogs barking at me. So, in all ramification, your dog is more dangerous than the most poisonous snake on earth.
- 2 marks grin

Brur, no one likes snakes.
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by winetapper: 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

how come you know about this... Were you a snake
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
nochildsplay:
- 2 marks grin

Don't say no one. Just say you don't like snakes. undecided

[img]http://natgeoeducationblog.files./2014/03/jes_3093e1.jpg[/img]
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
winetapper:
how come you know about this... Were you a snake
I read and study them undecided
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by uchpanila(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Bro if you are a Christian am sure you know this two places where snakes were condemned, first was when the devil used the serpent (snake) to deceive Adam and secondly you know the verse Jesus thought his disciples the Lords prayer He said a does not ask a bread from his father and was given a stone, a fish and was given a SERPENT or asked of egg and was given scorpion?

let's stop turning things the other way, besides these creatures are very harmful and poisonous

1 Like

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
uchpanila:

Bro if you are a Christian am sure you know this two places where snakes were condemned, first was when the devil used the serpent (snake) to deceive Adam and secondly you know the verse Jesus thought his disciples the Lords prayer He said a does not ask a bread from his father and was given a stone, a fish and was given a SERPENT or asked of egg and was given scorpion?

let's stop turning things the other way, besides these creatures are very harmful and poisonous

I don't want to go the religion way with u but the word serpent is Latin and has been used to describe different mythological symbols. Serpent, and not snake, was used in the bible. I don't know how they ended up translating serpent to snake. Even at that, the bible said that after God has created everything he admired them cos they were good in his eyes. The sin of man brought upon us imperfection, sin and death, not the snake. Fortunately, this snake you dread is not as harmful as you think. A snake would never chase a man the way a dog would. It would never attack you if you don't provoke it.
The worst victim of the specie, the python, might run into extinction very soon if care is not taken. In the western world, you don't kill these animals for game or for food. They're preserved and taken good care of in zoos or homes. It's a shame on Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by asumo12: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2015
nochildsplay:
- 2 marks grin

I like reptiles

embarassed
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by nochildsplay(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
asumo12:

I like reptiles

embarassed
YUUUUUKKKK !!!

********pick race*************
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by exclusive7(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Dude your right in some ramifications.... but there are buts..u say snakes dont attack unless threaten thats not so in all breeds of snakes.For example the Stephen's Banded snake would attack without provocation and its extremely venomous with high fatality,you won't even feel pain when it bites...
Again most people here would kill snakes not because they want to but because of the fear of the unknown.. Snakes have a reputation which instills fear especially to the Nigerian and African people..so most times these kills are just responses to reflex. its just like having a gun in hand and u see a lion when your in the wild and your alone..Reflex would push you to shoot at it and kill cause the lion has a reputation. It could get you killed before u know and being a victim is not something you would want...so op chill.
Make una try no dy kill dz things naa

1 Like

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by uchpanila(m): 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

I don't want to go the religion way with u but the word serpent is Latin and has been used to describe different mythological symbols. Serpent, and not snake, was used in the bible. I don't know how they ended up translating serpent to snake. Even at that, the bible said that after God has created everything he admired them cos they were good in his eyes. The sin of man brought upon us imperfection, sin and death, not the snake. Fortunately, this snake you dread is not as harmful as you think. A snake would never chase a man the way a dog would. It would never attack you if you don't provoke it.
The worst victim of the specie, the python, might run into extinction very soon if care is not taken. In the western world, you don't kill these animals for game or for food. They're preserved and taken good care of in zoos or homes. It's a shame on Nigeria!

bro this is nigeria and its very clear to you that Nigerians don't like snakes, just stop bothering yourself. snakes are not part of nigeria why not try another country.

1 Like

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2015
exclusive7:

Dude your right in some ramifications.... but there are buts..u say snakes dont attack unless threaten thats not so in all breeds of snakes.For example the Stephen's Banded snake would attack without provocation and its extremely venomous with high fatality,you won't even feel pain when it bites...
Again most people here would kill snakes not because they want to but because of the fear of the unknown.. Snakes have a reputation which instills fear especially to the Nigerian and African people..so most times these kills are just responses to reflex. its just like having a gun in hand and u see a lion when your in the wild and your alone..Reflex would push you to shoot at it and kill cause the lion has a reputation. It could get you killed before u know and being a victim is not something you would want...so op chill.
Make una try no dy kill dz things naa

That "response to reflex" against snake because it's considered harmful, is what I'm trying to correct here. People fear snakes primarily because they've been told a lot of lies about them. Your Stephen Banded is a recently discovered snake. It's not popular and can't be found in Africa, talk more of Nigeria. It lives in trees and spends most of its times there. A report I read said it can live in the trees for 6 months without feeding. You telling me that it attacks unprovoked is not true. Whoever that snake bites must have climbed a tree and, deliberately or indeliberately, offended it. My main concern is people killing pythons! In some communities, pythons go to people's homes to look for food, and the people welcome it, feeds it and it goes back home. Python is one of the snakes you can hold with your hand and it wouldn't flinch or bite you, especially when it has fed. It doesn't have poison like boa, anaconda and other non-venomous constrictors. They're lesser now because foolish people keep killing them for sports or for food. Only God will repay them.
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
uchpanila:

bro this is nigeria and its very clear to you that Nigerians don't like snakes, just stop bothering yourself. snakes are not part of nigeria why not try another country.
Funniest comment I've read in months!
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by exclusive7(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
TheHeGoat:

That "response to reflex" against snake because it's considered harmful, is what I'm trying to correct here. People fear snakes primarily because they've been told a lot of lies about them. Your Stephen Banded is a recently discovered snake. It's not popular and can't be found in Africa, talk more of Nigeria. It lives in trees and spends most of its times there. A report I read said it can live in the trees for 6 months without feeding. You telling me that it attacks unprovoked is not true. Whoever that snake bites must have climbed a tree and, deliberately or indeliberately, offended it. My main concern is people killing pythons! In some communities, pythons go to people's homes to look for food, and the people welcome it, feeds it and it goes back home. Python is one of the snakes you can hold with your hand and it wouldn't flinch or bite you, especially when it has fed. It doesn't have poison like boa, anaconda and other non-venomous constrictors. They're lesser now because foolish people keep killing them for sports or for food. Only God will repay them.
True talk but you hardly can do anything. Its Nigeria bro
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Baroba(m): 2:03am On Sep 01, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Men, if only I could see you bro, I will just buy you a cold beer.. Great insight..
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by sportin(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Boss, u're claiming this snakes aren't dangerous and they don't attack unless provoked, Mr Man do ur research very well there was once a report of a python that was kept in a house strangled a baby and tried to swallow her... I don't know what kind of a human being keeps a snake in a house with BABY, not to talk of being careless with the snakes enclosure making it escape to find the kid... I don't care whatever u say or u think of these creatures, they are harmful and the only place they should be kept is a zoo.. Can u just pick up a king cobra and play with it?... They are dangerous and one needs to be careful that's why Nigerians don't take chances with snakes.
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by sportin(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Boss, u're claiming these snakes aren't dangerous and they don't attack unless provoked, Mr Man do ur research very well there was once a report of a python that was kept in a house strangled a baby and tried to swallow her... I don't know what kind of a human being keeps a snake in a house with BABY, not to talk of being careless with the snakes enclosure making it escape to find the kid... I don't care whatever u say or u think of these creatures, they are harmful and the only place they should be kept is a zoo.. Can u just pick up a king cobra and play with it?... They are dangerous and one needs to be careful that's why Nigerians don't take chances with snakes.
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
sportin:

Boss, u're claiming these snakes aren't dangerous and they don't attack unless provoked, Mr Man do ur research very well there was once a report of a python that was kept in a house strangled a baby and tried to swallow her... I don't know what kind of a human being keeps a snake in a house with BABY, not to talk of being careless with the snakes enclosure making it escape to find the kid... I don't care whatever u say or u think of these creatures, they are harmful and the only place they should be kept is a zoo.. Can u just pick up a king cobra and play with it?... They are dangerous and one needs to be careful that's why Nigerians don't take chances with snakes.
There's nothing like 'domestic snake', so anybody keeping one at home is running a high risk. Snakes are meant to live in the forest, not in homes with human beings.
Now for the report - I read it too. The idiot parents left their home, leaving a python pet with a baby. That's the silliest mistake one can ever make. According to another report, the python has not been fed for a long time. You should know how extra-dangerous that can be. And who knows if they baby had been provoking his hungry "pet" when his parents were not around! Even trained dogs cannot be trusted with babies (remember that dog is a domestic animal and is known to be man's best friend'). Sometime last week, a man was killed by his own dog in Delta State. That's animal for u. You can't trust them 100%.

1 Like

Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by xana101: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
i'm suspecting the OP. he knows so much about snakes. are u sure he's not a snake? i hate snakes. why would a normal person not kill a snake at sight.
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by teflondoncuzo(m): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
I support the op on some of his opinion, snakes don't attack humans on provoke but there are times u provoke the snake without even knowing it was there, only in rear cases have pythons attacked and killed a human. Snakes generally avoid human confrontation. But op if u see a snake in ur house or ur room what would u do would u leave it alone, how many ppl are trained to handle a life snake that's why we kill them and also who sees a sumptuous meal and pass on one. To me if u kill a snake to eat then no p and also if u kill it to avoid been beaten by it then no p also but if u can avoid the fatality then PLEASE do. Thanks
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by BlackBaron: 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Awww, beautiful animals.

But don't forget to...

'kill it!'kill it with fire!!'
They are probably are the only set of animals I'll chase and kill whenever I see one. 'This is coming from an animal lover' wink
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2015
teflondoncuzo:
I support the op on some of his opinion, snakes don't attack humans on provoke but there are times u provoke the snake without even knowing it was there, only in rear cases have pythons attacked and killed a human. Snakes generally avoid human confrontation. But op if u see a snake in ur house or ur room what would u do would u leave it alone, how many ppl are trained to handle a life snake that's why we kill them and also who sees a sumptuous meal and pass on one. To me if u kill a snake to eat then no p and also if u kill it to avoid been beaten by it then no p also but if u can avoid the fatality then PLEASE do. Thanks
I support and share your experience on this issue. If I see a smaller poisonous snake in my house I might have to kill it because of others living with me. And, mind you, that's because I found it lurking somewhere in my house. But nothing will ever make me kill a python. That snake is very intelligent and, at times, friendly to humans. And it pains me that this particular snake has been victimised more often than the more dangerous ones. Most of them were not killed in human homes, they were killed in their own habitats!
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by uchpanila(m): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2015
TheHeGoat:

I support and share your experience on this issue. If I see a smaller poisonous snake in my house I might have to kill it because of others living with me. And, mind you, that's because I found it lurking somewhere in my house. But nothing will ever make me kill a python. That snake is very intelligent and, at times, friendly to humans. And it pains me that this particular snake has been victimised more often than the more dangerous ones. Most of them were not killed in human homes, they were killed in their own habitats!

Hmmmm, I just de observe you
Re: They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 11:24am On Sep 04, 2015
uchpanila:

Hmmmm, I just de observe you
Same here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Boerboel Pups Available At Affordable Prices / Dog Head, Dog Meat Found On Sale In Shoprite (photo) / Please Show My Dog(ekuke) Some Love Today Is His Birthday (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.