Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland (1900 Views)

Animal Brutality And Stupidity At Its Peak! (photo) / Justice For Dog Brutality / They Still Support Snake Brutality On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Killing of snakes and posting their pictures on threads have become a trend on Nairaland now. I'm afraid this might continue or even get worse because the mods encourage it by putting such threads on the front page. And I can imagine a bunch of notice-me jobless people hunting snakes everywhere just so they can have their threads on the front page.
Seun, you like dogs, I believe. Tell me how much you'd love to see slain dogs with blood all over their bodies on the front page. undecided I know you won't like it, so why the hate on snakes? Do you know that snakes naturally won't attack unless when they feel threatened, unlike your dogs that need to stay in their cage so as not to harm innocent people? Nobody is asking you to make snakes your pets (some people do sha) but please let them live! If you see them around your homes chase them out using long sticks. And trust me, they're more intelligent than your bingos....they would never come back again!
Stop posting such useless threads on the front page or I'll start derailing them! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by eme1n(m): 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nice write up, I get your point. But snakes are not pets in Nigeria and most likely, if not treated as pests, there would be casualties...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by winetapper: 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
We dont really know types of snakes and to avoid casualities we kill them or chase them..
In my belive we chase them or we move them to another location but killing its brutal!
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 8:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
eme1n:
Nice write up, I get your point. But snakes are not pets in Nigeria and most likely, if not treated as pests, there would be casualties...
Do your research properly. In some traditions in Nigeria, killing snakes is considered a taboo.
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by eme1n(m): 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Do your research properly. In some traditions in Nigeria, killing snakes is considered a taboo.

Obviously those who are killing them, it's no taboo for them. If you serve the snake deity then ignore the posts...

4 Likes

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by dat9jaguy(m): 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
eme1n:

Obviously those who are killing them, it's no taboo for them. If you serve the snake deity then ignore the posts...

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by donholy28(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Make I see snake 4 my house and I no kill am...d snake u free today fit bite person tomorrow or even d bite fit kill person...if u see snake..say no to animal brutality no dey am o...kill it after all na wetin God curse am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
eme1n:

I don't serve snakes and never will. Just let them live like u'll let ur dog live. Don't go about hunting them
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Joeblazeochola(m): 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
guy shift! commort! I say commort!! bring dat long stick for me, hurry! (correct) God punish you, hit am for head! get I'm head!! good!!

aha I don kill snake make police come arest me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by eme1n(m): 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
TheHeGoat:

I don't serve snakes and never will. Just let them live like u'll let ur dog live. Don't go about hunting them
Fair enough, live and let live.

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by emeraldo56(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
If something is a threat to me, I will kill it

2 Likes

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by emeraldo56(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
U be real he goat

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
emeraldo56:
If something is a threat to me, I will kill it
The mosquitoes in ur one room apartment are more dangerous than the snakes u kill
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
emeraldo56:
U be real he goat
And ur a real humanoid

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 09, 2015
TheHeGoat:

And ur a real humanoid

I am sorry to say this, only a silly being will compare a snake with a dog.......what is the correlation between a domestic and a wild Animal ?........You made yet another silly statement that snake will not bite only if they are threatened.....DO you know how many people who have been killed by snakes just going about their own business?.....Are you this daft? And who told you snakes don't come back after they are being chased away ?#silly talk.........I don't feel like talking much # shaa no make people who get poultry or rare animals see this thread.

Last bullet : You are really a GOAT (sorry) for opening this thread.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 09, 2015
winetapper:
We dont really know types of snakes and to avoid casualities we kill them or chase them..
In my belive we chase them or we move them to another location but killing its brutal!

Killing snakes is brutal? I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU. When u see a black cobra nah then u go know say snake get craze.......any attempt to chase it away self the thing is ready to attack you

When u see a snake pat it on the head and show it love #goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by winetapper: 5:29am On Aug 09, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Killing snakes is brutal? I SHAKE MY HEAD FOR YOU. When u see a black cobra nah then u go know say snake get craze.......any attempt to chase it away self the thing is ready to attack you

sir please dont mis understand me..
There are wild snakes and harmless snakes.. Each you see do justice to it.. Either you kill it or you change its location...
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 09, 2015
With the way people are killing snakes and feeling like heros... if there is another way out, please capture and preserve it but don't kill it. Else you might endanger the specie

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by emeraldo56(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2015
TheHeGoat:

The mosquitoes in ur one room apartment are more dangerous than the snakes u kill
I use insecticide to kill mosquitoes nd I still use mosquitoes net
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by batgirl(f): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2015
@thehegoat, just as there are different breeds of dogs with different features and behaviours, please can you tell us the different types of snakes, features and behaviours?
How do we know the ones to kill or chase away?
If a snake is charging after you, do you run or play flute or kill it?
Is there any economic importance for snakes that doesn't have to do with killing them? Do they pollinate flowers?

Please enlighten us.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2015
MuhdG:
With the way people are killing snakes and feeling like heros... if there is another way out, please capture and preserve it but don't kill it. Else you might endanger the specie

Which/what specie are being endangered ? As if they are being hunted as games ......pls I would like you to capture a snake preferably the black mamba and PRESERVE it so that its species won't go into instinct.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Prodeegee(m): 8:56am On Aug 09, 2015
Lovely write up. Big ups bro. Posts like this won't make fp, but if I had a scorpion as a pet it quickly makes fp. Omashey o
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Which/what specie are being endangered ? As if they are being hunted as games ......pls I would like you to capture a snake preferably the black mamba and PRESERVE it so that its species won't go into instinct.
Ok.
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Toheeb31(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2015
NO TO SNAKE BRUTALITY

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 10:01am On Aug 09, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

I am sorry to say this, only a silly being will compare a snake with a dog.......what is the correlation between a domestic and a wild Animal ?........You made yet another silly statement that snake will not bite only if they are threatened.....DO you know how many people who have been killed by snakes just going about their own business?.....Are you this daft? And who told you snakes don't come back after they are being chased away ?#silly talk.........I don't feel like talking much # shaa no make people who get poultry or rare animals see this thread.

Last bullet : You are really a GOAT (sorry) for opening this thread.
Quote me anytime, any day, no snake would attack a human if it doesn't feel threatened. If it happens otherwise, someone in ur village is chasing after u.
And do u how silly and clueless u sounded saying domestic dogs are not dangerous? They're as dangerous as their relatives, the wolves. The only difference is that one is tamed and the other is wild. If u doubt me enter a compound where a German Shepherd is unleashed and the owner is not around. Someone would tell ur story on ur own behalf. Your stupidity is quite amazing
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2015
TheHeGoat:

Quote me anytime, any day, no snake would attack a human if it doesn't feel threatened. If it happens otherwise, someone in ur village is chasing after u.
And do u how silly and clueless u sounded saying domestic dogs are not dangerous? They're as dangerous as their relatives, the wolves. The only difference is that one is tamed and the other is wild. If u doubt me enter a compound where a German Shepherd is unleashed and the owner is not around. Someone would tell ur story on ur own behalf. Your stupidity is quite amazing

**sight** how stupid can u be? I never said in my post that dogs cannot be dangerous .....mind you I never said dogs are dangerous # before u show me another level of ur stupidity which of course I'm not interested in seeing ....yes dogs can be dangerous but they are not dangerous just like human beings can be dangerous but humans are not dangerous # if you need more tutorial on that, u can PM me

.......so an innocent kid who was going to open the gate for his dad that was returning late from work and got bitten by a snake in the process threatened the snake abi? ....wait ooo I think someone was doing that kid from the village .

Gerrarrahia Man.

1 Like

Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
undecided lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by TheHeGoat: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

**sight** how stupid can u be? I never said in my post that dogs cannot be dangerous .....mind you I never said dogs are dangerous # before u show me another level of ur stupidity which of course I'm not interested in seeing ....yes dogs can be dangerous but they are not dangerous just like human beings can be dangerous but humans are not dangerous # if you need more tutorial on that, u can PM me

.......so an innocent kid who was going to open the gate for his dad that was returning late from work and got bitten by a snake in the process threatened the snake abi? ....wait ooo I think someone was doing that kid from the village .

Gerrarrahia Man.
I give up on u! embarassed read the words I highlighted and tell me again that ur making sense
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
TheHeGoat:

I give up on u! embarassed read the words I highlighted and tell again that me ur making sense

**Poo** I figured u might not understand , that's the reason I told you to PM me . LWKM.
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 12, 2015
shoyemiayodeji:

Honestly em shocked
I doubt if OP is human at all
Re: Stop Encouraging Snake Brutality On Nairaland by chucky234(m): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2015
batgirl:
@thehegoat, just as there are different breeds of dogs with different features and behaviours, please can you tell us the different types of snakes, features and behaviours?
How do we know the ones to kill or chase away?
If a snake is charging after you, do you run or play flute or kill it?
Is there any economic importance for snakes that doesn't have to do with killing them? Do they pollinate flowers?

Please enlighten us.
LWKMD

(1) (Reply)

Very Productive Adult Female Brindle Boerboel For Sale / My Dog Died Last Night As A Lady What Should I Do? / Pedigree Rotweiler Puppies For Sale (pix)6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.