Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

IS There Media Bias When Reporting Hate Crimes Perpetrated By Blacks?? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / IS There Media Bias When Reporting Hate Crimes Perpetrated By Blacks?? (908 Views)

Mainstream Media Errors In The Trump Era: Your Catalogue Of Media Bias Articles / Donald Trump Full Speech On Why He Hates Blacks And Arabs / British Police Have Expressed Concern Over Hate Crimes Around Brexit Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IS There Media Bias When Reporting Hate Crimes Perpetrated By Blacks?? by plendil: 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2015
In the aftermath of the Charleston killings in the US, the press wasted no time telling us the skin colour of the perpetrator. "White man guns down black worshippers", screamed most headlines. Even though not much was known, as at that time, about the motive of the killer, the mode of reporting left almost no one in doubt about his intent. Racially motivated, obviously. Hate crime.

Few months later, two brutal murders shocked a nation becoming quite used to such news of senseless killings. One was on live television: the pretty female reporter and cameraman gunned down by a disgruntled former employee; while the other was at a gas station, point black and apparently unprovoked "execution-type" killing of a police officer.

No mention, curiously, was made of the colour of the perpetrators of both crimes in most news outlets. Yes, the killers in both cases were black.

In fact I thought all along killers were white until I saw the lurid comments on msn about media bias when it comes to reporting such issues. IT appears foreign media is almost afraid of reporting black-on-white crimes. Question is WHY??
Re: IS There Media Bias When Reporting Hate Crimes Perpetrated By Blacks?? by ebamma(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2015
The Media is controlled by the Jews and the Jews maintain their dominance over America by pitting the sheeple blacks against the whites, check the history of black empowerment organisations like NAACP and SPL, and you will see that the are funded by jews,

Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton will make noise in the media and organise protests when one white cop kills a black man, whom if you check well, might be a criminal,

But will not protest the killing of blacks by fellow blacks in gang violence in Chicago, Compton etc ,

The chances of a black American' being killed by a fellow black is like 70% higher than his chance of being killed by a white man
Re: IS There Media Bias When Reporting Hate Crimes Perpetrated By Blacks?? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
plendil:
In the aftermath of the Charleston killings in the US, the press wasted no time telling us the skin colour of the perpetrator. "White man guns down black worshippers", screamed most headlines. Even though not much was known, as at that time, about the motive of the killer, the mode of reporting left almost no one in doubt about his intent. Racially motivated, obviously. Hate crime.

Few months later, two brutal murders shocked a nation becoming quite used to such news of senseless killings. One was on live television: the pretty female reporter and cameraman gunned down by a disgruntled former employee; while the other was at a gas station, point black and apparently unprovoked "execution-type" killing of a police officer.

No mention, curiously, was made of the colour of the perpetrators of both crimes in most news outlets. Yes, the killers in both cases were black.

In fact I thought all along killers were white until I saw the lurid comments on msn about media bias when it comes to reporting such issues. IT appears foreign media is almost afraid of reporting black-on-white crimes. Question is WHY??

I don't know what stations you've been watching because the perpetrator's race is ALWAYS made known in the newscast or article itself. The only form of 'branding bias' I can think of involves sensationalist headline tactics designed to quickly attract the reader to a news story (i.e.,'White Man Guns Down Black Worshippers'). That form of 'white sensationalism' can easily be reconciled by taking a good look at our nationwide crime statistics. Black-on-black, and black-on-white crime stats outrageously transcend white-on-black crime stats to the extent that the media has unwittingly taken to the habit of sensationalizing white-on-black crime when it occurs.

Here in America, "Black Man Guns Down..."/ "Black Man Kills..."/"Black Man Assaults..."= Redundant. There's no 'sensation' or 'oomph' in that headline whatsoever, at least not of the sort the media relishes - it's so common. If anything, they'd probably be called 'racist' for doing so.

(1) (Reply)

A Country In A Far Worse Situation Than Nigeria / President Chooses Wife As Running Mate / Hillary Clinton Supporters Call For Vote Recount In Battleground States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.