Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,125 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

Toyota Maintenance Thread - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Maintenance Thread (898 Views)

Seven Most Common And Most Expensive Mistakes By Drivers In Car Maintenance / 6 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Car Running / Best Toyota Maintenance/repair Center In Anambra State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Maintenance Thread by edoyad(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2015
Toyota probably produces than anyone else on this planet, so this is due diligence , at least for the Nigerian interested in one
Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by edoyad(m): 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
So, I'm bringing the first issue since I'm starting the thread.
After getting my own ELM Scanner , I put it to the test and saw a trouble code. It's reporting a bad crankshaft- camshaft correlation problem, should I be worried?
Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by edoyad(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2015
So after deciding to repent from my old "naija maintenance" ways, I've decided to purge my vehicle of all non toyota spec oil and fluids. The Toyota T-IV ATF should be replacing the Sea horse currently in the transmission (i know embarassed grin grin), while the Toyota 5w30 will be replacing "whatever" 20w50 is sleeping in the oil pan.
I'm not too concerned about the transmission as Toyota recommends dexron 3 ATF in the absence of it's T-IV. Comments I've seen here about seahorse,which is dexron 3 itself, get me ? thinking occasionally though.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by edoyad(m): 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
So I've converted to synthetic Engine oil and the engine still hasn't knocked yet. I've done over 400km of driving since friday , 4th sept.
However the parts dealer told me not to be in a hurry to change the seahorse ATF I'm currently on: Toyota transmissions are known to be one of the most rugged out there.
Sea horse is dexron 3 , the alternative specified by the manual in the absence of Toyota T-IV fluid.
Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by bravesoul2: 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
Please gurus in the house what type of engine oil and transmission oil would you recommend for Toyota Rav4 1998 model?
Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by edoyad(m): 2:33am On Sep 12, 2015
bravesoul2:
Please gurus in the house what type of engine oil and transmission oil would you recommend for Toyota Rav4 1998 model?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090321071836AA3iAnV
Re: Toyota Maintenance Thread by bravesoul2: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Thanks i appreciate the info

(1) (Reply)

Freelander Landrover Engine / Buy Grille/brush Guard For Your Automobile Today / Clean Toyota Highlander V6 For Sale @ N 3.75 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.