Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters (1002 Views)

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / My Reply To NCC And MTN Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 01, 2015
First good day, I have a different thought entirely from what EMERITUS85 and DJandroid thinks. I'm not in agreement with the former neither did the later respond in the nicest reply possible.

First I want both of you to realize that there is a difference between a software issue and an hardware issue, I believe you both agree to that.

EMERITUS85
Almost cut my tongue trying to pronounce your moniker

You said you would never use tecno again simply because they did not update their phone? I don't trying to support tecno phone either but this is an issue that can happen to any manufacturer. Let me ask a question, what would happen if tecno announces another flagship or updates their current flagship in months time to run android 6.0 Marshmallow and infinix tells you that they have no Marshmallow update for your phone, what would you do or what would be the title of your next tread on nairaland? Providing OTA updates is not as easy as you wish, even big companies like Samsung and HTC find it hard to do that as the don't update all their hundreds of phones, they update only flagships, the fact that infinix had been able to do that once is not enough reason to write another company off so quick. Its ok to switch to infinix because you want to use an updated software but writing of tecno is not nice, cos if infinix fails in the future in this same area and tecno succeeds, you would find your self switching back. That is that, And I want to believe you have no other reasons for switching, if its about delaying to produce a new flagship, you never may know, most times big announcements takes time, the phantom z is not a bad phone yet, actually no flagship of even 2 years back is, the world of tech is just running a race, rushing to no where in particular, probably tecno decided to slow down things and maximise profit from phantom z. If tecno actually provided an update for the phone, it would had been better, but that does not make the phone or company bad (or 'wicked people' if I go by they way you described the issue) Besides tecno has lollipop phones.

And if you actually want to buy a phone with sure software updates, it can only be the Apple iPhone. No android maker is reliable for now. Even microsoft is more reliable.

And I forgot to mention
I personally think the phone is over priced for 59k (its quite funny because years back on nairaland, there were tecno fan boys that ar
gue with us that samsung and the rest were over priced phone, that their phone can do all what samsung can do, if you were on nairaland that time, you would remember)

Now to DJandroid

First your moniker is funny. It sounds like someone that switches between android phones like everyday.
Then the way you started your post

My lay - man's opinion on some issues raised in this thread.
I'm seriously still wondering why you said that.

Ok, so you were so pissed off by EMERITUS85's post that you wrote something that does not go together? Talking about
That your brand of Tecno can't be upgraded OTA is not enough to say it is a scam. Samsung galaxy note 3 and galaxy S5 were the first and only two phones (not sure though) that came with USB 3.0. But the succeeding galaxy note 4 was launched with USB 2.0 -a downgrade. Will it be said that Samsung is a scam?
How does software not being updated got to do with hardware downgrade?
Besides, the hardware downgrade turned out better for the phone unlike no software updates.

The the issue of mediatek MTK chip or qualcomm snapdragon. Years back, snapdragon was a better chip, this year, it is not seen as that to the majority anymore, not that indeed they have level up, but that in practical use of the phone (and not benchmarks and calculating numbers) its really hard to tell the difference on which is a better chip. MTK are infact now good chips, and using an MTK phone is no longer an issue of "inferior" or "cheap", these are the same reasons why big companies had started to adopt the use of MTK chips on their phones, and some other companies having to choose what chipset they would use for their phone because MTK is now a reasonable option. So don't say it like snapdragon is the god of chipsets and MTK is a mere human. So whether MTK or snapdragon, he bought a phone with a better chipset, and that's an upgrade.

Then you talked about comparing your phone to your friends own and saw no reason to upgrade, well I hope you know many people also compared both phones and saw hundreds of reasons to upgrade? It tell you that different people have different interest and clearly you and EMERITUS85 are not on the same side of interests. I personally value updates, I like lollipop ten times over kitkat simply because of its appearance, you obviously don't think the same and that's fine, but the way you think does not now become the way other people are suppose to, so if EMERITUS85 says he wants updates and decides to get a new phone just because of lollipop, that is absolutely fine! Because that is what he has interest in, even more than what ever chipset the phone uses which looks more of your own interest. So never base your arguments on something like this again. You like your note 3 like that, fine, me if I had the money, I would buy note 5 self simply because the phone is more beautiful than past models, so unlike you both, I take appearance very seriously.

That's it!

For the records I don't use a big phone cos I can't afford one, I use fly era nano 8 with android 4.4 the phone is quite sleek in its outward appearance, my friends (even those with bigger phones) envy it looks.

I also use a Bold 5, yes. And I bought bold 5 specifically too (amongst all os 7 blackberry). because of it looks.

Thanks.

Main tread(EMERITUS85):
https://www.nairaland.com/2562826/why-never-
use-tecno-phones

Reply tread(DJandroid):
www.nairaland.com/2565096/reply-why-never-use-tecno

Please follow my channel in my signature below.
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 01, 2015
K
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Obaiyski(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2015
Make una leave matter for mathias..
Anyway on the other news

Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by dasphinx1(m): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2015
Its Runzlord again!!!!! nice1 bro. It all balls down to preferences and interests. Your reason for having a Bold 5 is the same reason i have refused to sell mine since 2011.

1 Like

Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2015
dasphinx1:
Its Runzlord again!!!!! nice1 bro. It all balls down to preferences and interests. Your reason for having a Bold 5 is the same reason i have refused to sell mine since 2011.
Thanks
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Olaryeankarh(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Well said, too!
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2015
runzlord:
First good day, I have a different thought entirely from what EMERITUS85 and DJandroid thinks. I'm not in agreement with the former neither did the later respond in the nicest reply possible.

First I want both of you to realize that there is a difference between a software issue and an hardware issue, I believe you both agree to that.

EMERITUS85
Almost cut my tongue trying to pronounce your moniker

You said you would never use tecno again simply because they did not update their phone? I don't trying to support tecno phone either but this is an issue that can happen to any manufacturer. Let me ask a question, what would happen if tecno announces another flagship or updates their current flagship in months time to run android 6.0 Marshmallow and infinix tells you that they have no Marshmallow update for your phone, what would you do or what would be the title of your next tread on nairaland? Providing OTA updates is not as easy as you wish, even big companies like Samsung and HTC find it hard to do that as the don't update all their hundreds of phones, they update only flagships, the fact that infinix had been able to do that once is not enough reason to write another company off so quick. Its ok to switch to infinix because you want to use an updated software but writing of tecno is not nice, cos if infinix fails in the future in this same area and tecno succeeds, you would find your self switching back. That is that, And I want to believe you have no other reasons for switching, if its about delaying to produce a new flagship, you never may know, most times big announcements takes time, the phantom z is not a bad phone yet, actually no flagship of even 2 years back is, the world of tech is just running a race, rushing to no where in particular, probably tecno decided to slow down things and maximise profit from phantom z. If tecno actually provided an update for the phone, it would had been better, but that does not make the phone or company bad (or 'wicked people' if I go by they way you described the issue) Besides tecno has lollipop phones.

And if you actually want to buy a phone with sure software updates, it can only be the Apple iPhone. No android maker is reliable for now. Even microsoft is more reliable.

And I forgot to mention
I personally think the phone is over priced for 59k (its quite funny because years back on nairaland, there were tecno fan boys that ar
gue with us that samsung and the rest were over priced phone, that their phone can do all what samsung can do, if you were on nairaland that time, you would remember)

Now to DJandroid

First your moniker is funny. It sounds like someone that switches between android phones like everyday.
Then the way you started your post
I'm seriously still wondering why you said that.

Ok, so you were so pissed off by EMERITUS85's post that you wrote something that does not go together? Talking about

How does software not being updated got to do with hardware downgrade?
Besides, the hardware downgrade turned out better for the phone unlike no software updates.

The the issue of mediatek MTK chip or qualcomm snapdragon. Years back, snapdragon was a better chip, this year, it is not seen as that to the majority anymore, not that indeed they have level up, but that in practical use of the phone (and not benchmarks and calculating numbers) its really hard to tell the difference on which is a better chip. MTK are infact now good chips, and using an MTK phone is no longer an issue of "inferior" or "cheap", these are the same reasons why big companies had started to adopt the use of MTK chips on their phones, and some other companies having to choose what chipset they would use for their phone because MTK is now a reasonable option. So don't say it like snapdragon is the god of chipsets and MTK is a mere human. So whether MTK or snapdragon, he bought a phone with a better chipset, and that's an upgrade.

Then you talked about comparing your phone to your friends own and saw no reason to upgrade, well I hope you know many people also compared both phones and saw hundreds of reasons to upgrade? It tell you that different people have different interest and clearly you and EMERITUS85 are not on the same side of interests. I personally value updates, I like lollipop ten times over kitkat simply because of its appearance, you obviously don't think the same and that's fine, but the way you think does not now become the way other people are suppose to, so if EMERITUS85 says he wants updates and decides to get a new phone just because of lollipop, that is absolutely fine! Because that is what he has interest in, even more than what ever chipset the phone uses which looks more of your own interest. So never base your arguments on something like this again. You like your note 3 like that, fine, me if I had the money, I would buy note 5 self simply because the phone is more beautiful than past models, so unlike you both, I take appearance very seriously.

That's it!

For the records I don't use a big phone cos I can't afford one, I use fly era nano 8 with android 4.4 the phone is quite sleek in its outward appearance, my friends (even those with bigger phones) envy it looks.

I also use a Bold 5, yes. And I bought bold 5 specifically too (amongst all os 7 blackberry). because of it looks.

Thanks.

Main tread(EMERITUS85):
https://www.nairaland.com/2562826/why-never-
use-tecno-phones

Reply tread(DJandroid):
www.nairaland.com/2565096/reply-why-never-use-tecno

Please follow my channel in my signature below.
a little correction though.if he wants regural update then a nexus or iOS device is d way to go not just iOS devices alone.although flagship phones for most of the top developers like xiaomi,Samsung, lg update their flagship devices regularly for about 2-4 years its only once u go below flagship devices that updates become a rarity.maybe for 1-2 years if at all although most android one devices should fix this
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2015
davthom:
a little correction though.if he wants regural update then a nexus or iOS device is d way to go not just iOS devices alone.although flagship phones for most of the top developers like xiaomi,Samsung, lg update their flagship devices regularly for about 2-4 years its only once u go below flagship devices that updates become a rarity.maybe for 1-2 years if at all although most android one devices should fix this
No sir! Actually google does not updates devices older that 2 years, this issue came out when galaxy nexus ( early 2012) was not updated to kit kat that was released in late 2014.

And only HTC m7 (2 years old flagship) has lollipop update, galaxy s4 does not! So other OEM actually has a lollipop for their 2 years old flagship, infact Apple is the only company that provided updates even until iPhone 4 (5 years old flagship). Google it out if you doubt me. I am ready to be corrected.
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Chidexter(m): 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
I know una trick, all dis is just for tecno to gain more popularity, nothing else.

First person posted about tecno, now second person posted a reply of not agreeing. Now you just posted another one against both of them, i wont be surprised if another person comes onto create a thread against the three of you.
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by slimmyjimmy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
who b dis wan. fp seekers angry
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2015
slimmyjimmy:
who b dis wan. fp seekers angry
I've been on nl long b4 u, gotten to fp so many times, now I don't even get to fp again cos of some new yeye mod that dislikes me for no reason, but I don't care, as far as I share my thought, so mind what you say.

1 Like

Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Slatemsk(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
Lobatan
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by scarr: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
BB10 Over their fada! Dad cheesy
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by jydeayanx: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
A very gud day to u, and well done, a gud job u r doing solving pple's problems, I av an issue with my Techno Phantom A+, it tells me internal storage full, it doesn't allow me to move installed apps to d memory card, and I'm scared of rooting it, and I don't av a computer here with me, what is a safe procedure of moving and installing apps on my memory card?? Even after choosing d memory card as d default write disk
Re: My Reply To The Tecno Phone Issue And Both Posters by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
jydeayanx:
A very gud day to u, and well done, a gud job u r doing solving pple's problems, I av an issue with my Techno Phantom A+, it tells me internal storage full, it doesn't allow me to move installed apps to d memory card, and I'm scared of rooting it, and I don't av a computer here with me, what is a safe procedure of moving and installing apps on my memory card?? Even after choosing d memory card as d default write disk

Ok. First with android, you cannot move all apps to your sd card, some apps needs to stay in the internal memory, apps like whatsapp, BBM, facebook. But you can move others like Instagram and games. I'm not actually sure if you would be able to move those apps to your sd card after rooting, but one thing for sure is that, if you root your phone, you would be able to uninstall stock apps you don't use, for example google plus and photos app, or your default browser, there by creating more space within your phone memeory, so rooting your phone is a good option. I don't advise you carry it out on your own, visit a proper technician, as mistakes could lead to you soft bricking your phone.

But anyway if you don't wish to root your phone, you can only try to go thru your apps, check the ones that can't be moved to sd card, uninstall the ones you don't use, if its a stock app, you can disable it(but won't uninstall it). Most times, if you update a stock app, it downloads a new version on the stock that was there b4(without deleting the previous stock version) thereby doubling the space used by the app, in this case you would "uninstall updates" b4 disabling it(that is if you don't use the app o) that is that.

to check what apps can be moved or not, go to. Settings>apps then swipe to sd cards apps, all apps that can be moved appear here so you open them one by one and move them till the boxes beside each app is ticked, then swipe over to downloaded, to again check each app, one by one, for if it can be moved or if there are stock apps that updated and you don't use so u can uninstall updates, also for apps can't move, you don't use and you want to uninstall. If you wish to disable stock apps that you don't use and did not update, you would find them in all apps(swipe beyond running apps). Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

If I Order This Phone.... / The Christmas Gift I Am Getting From Airtel / Top 5 Best Upcoming Smartphones In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.