Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,923 members, 7,817,704 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) (1993 Views)

People Say Children Are Mirrors Of Their Parents, Do You Agree?? / Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn To Boys At Puberty / Bizarre!see Village Where Dead People Are ROASTED And Stored,not Buried(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by blaze2cool(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2015
Raising twins is never easy but in Benin, an poor nation on the west coast of Africa, hardship means many die during childhood. Now a stunning new set of photos shows how the families deal with their grief – by creating doll effigies of the lost infants and raising them as if they were still alive.

Taken by French photographer Eric Lafforgue, the photos document the life of the Fon tribe, who say the dolls possess the child’s spirit and have the power to bring the family good or bad luck, depending on how well they are treated.

Every day, the dolls are cradled, ‘fed’, scrubbed clean and put to bed on immaculate linens – all in an effort to keep them from being unhappy and cursing the family with evil magic.

Read more: http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/429725-omg-african-village-where-dead-children-are-made-into-voodoo-dolls-photos.html#ixzz3kTcrxgQO

Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by blaze2cool(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2015
more pics

Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by blaze2cool(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2015
more pics
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by ibrams(m): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Okk......
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Singarapper: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2015
i been dey here but now i don commot ...
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by xreal: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2015
Hmmm!

My Benin people.

Oba atokpe ee, itse!
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2015
Africa and backwardness.....

That reminds me, a staff of mine, just gave me a gist, on how a member of their family was poisoned , by another member (member B) , the family went on to search for what killed the said man, in their quest to know , they visited a shrine, where the diseased spirit was evoked on a mirror, he appeared and gave detailed account of what happened to him and how he was poisoned by member A, also recounting all other things happening in the family and how they re being crudely orchestrated by member B, her whole compound w. Awake all tru the night, following the resultant turmoil, right now member B is no where to be found as he fled the community, following a tip of the community were embarking on an expedition to find cause of the death.......... and I was like WTH! !!! do these things really do Happen? Do they really exist..... I was stunned to say the least........
Agnostics n atheist, over to you

In other news... For car owners, please check my signature and save cost
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2015
xreal:
Hmmm!

My Benin people.

Oba atokpe ee, itse!
ode na Benin republic o
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by xreal: 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
johnson157:

ode na Benin republic o

your entire household na ode
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by xreal: 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
johnson157:

ode na Benin republic o

Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 02, 2015
xreal:

just like peak milk, ur stupidity is in u.
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by xreal: 4:13am On Sep 02, 2015
johnson157:

just like peak milk, ur stuupid ity is in u.

Yes u are.
Attention seeker.
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 02, 2015
xreal:

Yes u are.
Attention seeker.

nope I'm not,just try to correct ur mentality to always read tru d lines and comprehend d passage b4 commenting blunders which can be seen as degrading to some particular tribes in Nigeria so as to avoid e-war next time.
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by phayvoursky(m): 6:44am On Sep 02, 2015
WHAT AN AWKWARD BELIEF. LITTLE WONDER THE BENINOIS ARE SO BACKWARD IN AFRICA.
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by phayvoursky(m): 6:50am On Sep 02, 2015
xreal:
Hmmm!
My Benin people.
Oba atokpe ee, itse!

YOUR STUPIDITY COMES IN MANY COLOURS.

Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by xreal: 6:52am On Sep 02, 2015
johnson157:

nope I'm not,just try to correct ur mentality to always read tru d lines and comprehend d passage b4 commenting blunders which can be seen as degrading to some particular tribes in Nigeria so as to avoid e-war next time.

get a job. your hands are idle.
Re: OMG!! African Village Where Dead Children Are Made Into Voodoo Dolls (photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2015
xreal:

get a job. your hands are idle.
as a matter of fact my hands are on my keypad, so they ain't idle like yours.

(1) (Reply)

Mattress Sizes In Nigeria / Where Is Shymexx? / Please How Do You Delete A Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.