Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? (2979 Views)

How To Make $500 A Month With A Niche Site / Which Is More Profitable Between A Single Niche Blog And A Multiple Niche Blog / The Perfect Guide To Starting A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello,

I am rounding up mental plans to delve into the world of blogging but I am caught between two highly streamed niches-- Football and Celebrity.

I want to build a blog where people will pay to place their ads on my blog in 1 year of existence.

Looking at the Nigerian blogosphere, which do you think will be favourable and more rewarding in the long run?

Kindly give the pros and cons.

I would have really loved to use LindaIkeji as my reference point and see how I can rival her position if I were to go the celebrity route.

For the football niche, it would be club specific as my sub niche.

Kindly share
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by Fertilenigeria: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
2sex:
Hello,

I am rounding up mental plans to delve into the world of blogging but I am caught between two highly streamed niches-- Football and Celebrity.

I want to build a blog where people will pay to place their ads on my blog in 1 year of existence.

Looking at the Nigerian blogosphere, which do you think will be favourable and more rewarding in the long run?

I would have really loved to use LindaIkeji as my reference point and see how I can rival her position if I were to go the celebrity route.

Kindly share

After 3 year plus in blogging, I think I can advise you well, but it now depends I'd you will take to advice.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to tell you that none of the niche you mentioned is lucrative again for the newbies except you have enough money for promotion.

Those niches you mentioned - sports and entertainment are currently over-flogged and you'll have a huge mountain to climb if you are just starting.

Again, contents in those niches expires after sometimes. So, you may need to work for 23 hours a day for 7 days to keep your blog fresh. Of course people will not like to see an old soccer or celebrity news.

Additionally, you'll not be able to produce original contents in this niches. The highest you can do is to rewrite news to pass plagiarism test. Those articles will still be regarded as duplicate contents by Google.

Those are the few reasons why those niches are not good for new bloggers.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

After 3 year plus in blogging, I think I can advise you well, but it now depends I'd you will take to advice.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to tell you that none of the niche you mentioned is lucrative again for the newbies except you have enough money for promotion.

Those niches you mentioned - sports and entertainment are currently over-flogged and you'll have a huge mountain to climb if you are just starting.

Again, contents in those niches expires after sometimes. So, you may need to work for 23 hours a day for 7 days to keep your blog fresh. Of course people will not like to see an old soccer or celebrity news.

Additionally, you'll not be able to produce original contents in this niches. The highest you can do is to rewrite news to pass plagiarism test. Those articles will still be regarded as duplicate contents by Google.

Hope this helps.
Thanks. So what's the best niche to dive into?

Actually, the celebrity blog would be focused more in Nigeria and same for the football blog.

Is the Nigerian market also over saturated?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by Fertilenigeria: 3:25pm On Sep 01, 2015
2sex:
Thanks. So what's the best niche to dive into?

Actually, the celebrity blog would be focused more in Nigeria and same for the football blog.

Is the Nigerian market also over saturated?

You will have to still fight with the big players in the niche. There are many of them - big ones and I doubt your strength.

You need a niche that you don't have more competitors and more demand.

You also need a niche that have a physical product that you can sell or promote. Remember that you will need to make money from your effort apart from the passion.

The best thing you should do is find a product that you love and write about it. You can visit top online stores in Nigeria and discover top selling products.

I suggest fashion niche.
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 100ksalescom(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
2Sex in the blogsphere cheesy

Welcome on board, king of domain flipping on Nairaland wink

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
100ksalescom:
2Sex in the blogsphere cheesy

Welcome on board, king of domain flipping on Nairaland wink
lol. Abeg hide me o. Well, shey na so blogging hard ni according to the above?

How then is NaijaLoaded and co doing it?
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by arsetalks(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

Hope this helps.
Take that back. Football niche is extremely lucrative. Extreme and I have 8 years experience in the niche.

It is lucrative and demanding as well.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
arsetalks:
Take that back. Football niche is extremely lucrative. Extreme and I have 8 years experience in the niche.

It is lucrative and demanding as well.
Thanks. Assuming I can get enough traffic, which I believe I can, what are the ways to generate revenues in the football niche?
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by jideprof: 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
2sex:
Thanks. Assuming I can get enough traffic, which I believe I can, what are the ways to generate revenues in the football niche?

affiliate marketing; of sport betting and bookmaking sites
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 6:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
jideprof:

affiliate marketing; of sport betting and bookmaking sites
thanks. By the way, we are namesake wink
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 8:01am On Sep 02, 2015
I had a solid information before I created this thread regarding what people make from football blogging.

To the first commenter here, bro you need to go out. Things are happening! I can confidently tell you that a certain nairalander makes as much as 3Million Naira per month from his football blogs and he isn't even among the top 500 blogs in the world.

With my background in IM, I believe I can revisit that skill and turn it into something great!

I will be discussing with one of big players of this business in the coming days and he is willing to dish out all he knows in his over 8 years of making a living. Yeah, that's the way he put it--making a living and you know what that means.

Of course, I wasn't expecting any of my Nigerian brothers to share the secret with me but I have never been someone who don't dig around. I do a lot of research daily!

The thing is that this secret isn't readily available online--how the whole system works.
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by webincomeplus(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2015
2sex:
Hello,

Kindly share

While it's very easy to fine-tune plans, the reality in the blogosphere right now might not be in line with your perception.

As for the football niche, while there may be good monetization strategies, remember that most football fans in the country already have blogs they would rather die for. Similarly, most Nigerian followers of celebrity gist would not forego Linda Ikeji's blog and other favorites for any new, unknown blog.

I'm not stating the above to discourage you, but to make you realize how challenging it could be to make headway. For you to be able to attract attention, you must give people compelling reasons to visit your blog. What this means is that your content MUST have a unique touch or angle to it. And you must be innovative in every other aspect as well.

Being a content marketing strategist with 4 years experience, I can help you map out powerful content strategies that will help you stand out from the competition.

In addition, you need to work very hard to promote and attract attention to that content. In fact, for faster results you will have to spend some money on content promotion and other strategies that will help you grow an audience quickly.

It's even possible for you to merge both niches together in one blog (though I'm not recommending that for now). But it's all down to whether to have what it takes to give it what it really requires.

One more thing, I have to agree with fertilenigeria's statement that you must be ready to publish several posts a day because your blog can only be fuelled with fresh content. If you think that wouldn't be really feasible, I'd recommend you look elsewhere.
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by webincomeplus(m): 8:46am On Sep 02, 2015
By the way, there are many other niches that are less competitive but are also very lucrative for Nigerian bloggers. Check out the detailed list and analysis here: http://webincomeplus.com/online-business-in-nigeria/
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2015
webincomeplus:
By the way, there are many other niches that are less competitive but are also very lucrative for Nigerian bloggers. Check out the detailed list and analysis here: http://webincomeplus.com/online-business-in-nigeria/
Thanks. You are a good writer.
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2015
webincomeplus:

While it's very easy to fine-tune plans, the reality in the blogosphere right now might not be in line with your perception.

As for the football niche, while there may be good monetization strategies, remember that most football fans in the country already have blogs they would rather die for. Similarly, most Nigerian followers of celebrity gist would not forego Linda Ikeji's blog and other favorites for any new, unknown blog.

I'm not stating the above to discourage you, but to make you realize how challenging it could be to make headway. For you to be able to attract attention, you must give people compelling reasons to visit your blog. What this means is that your content MUST have a unique touch or angle to it. And you must be innovative in every other aspect as well.

Being a content marketing strategist with 4 years experience, I can help you map out powerful content strategies that will help you stand out from the competition.

In addition, you need to work very hard to promote and attract attention to that content. In fact, for faster results you will have to spend some money on content promotion and other strategies that will help you grow an audience quickly.

It's even possible for you to merge both niches together in one blog (though I'm not recommending that for now). But it's all down to whether to have what it takes to give it what it really requires.

One more thing, I have to agree with fertilenigeria's statement that you must be ready to publish several posts a day because your blog can only be fuelled with fresh content. If you think that wouldn't be really feasible, I'd recommend you look elsewhere.
I understand your worries but my understanding is all about IMPRESSION!

It doesn't mean everybody in Nigeria already know about Linda Ikeji. She has fans but there is still a market there I tell you. It will only cost time and more energy as money.

For the football niche, content is king but traffic is the blood. I will build my community via social media marketing with good content to spice it up. I will be focusing on subniches, not broad.

1 year goal!
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by Fertilenigeria: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
webincomeplus:

You have thrown more light on the subject matter. Those who have not been to blogging will not understand. I want to advice anybody reading this thread.

I you are want to start a blog now (I mean 2015 UP), take you time and choose a good niche. Profitable niches are those ones that have physical products.

Shun: Celebrity, news, entertainment, sports niches unless you have money to invest. Else, you may need to wait for two years plus before you make $1.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Fertilenigeria:

You have thrown more light on the subject matter. Those who have not been to blogging will not understand. I want to advice anybody reading this thread.

I you are want to start a blog now (I mean 2015 UP), take you time and choose a good niche. Profitable niches are those ones that have physical products.

Shun: Celebrity, news, entertainment, sports niches unless you have money to invest. Else, you may need to wait for two years plus before you make $1.

Bro, this is a long term project. To be sincere, I am not new to blogging. I did affiliate marketing back in the days before I started flipping domains running into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Everything has system. Instead of me to do affiliate marketing on phyiscal products, I would rather import and sell through same channels you listed. Or you don't know that's how most of the products you see on Jumia and Konga are gotten?
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by fattbabakay(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2015
2sex:
I had a solid information before I created this thread regarding what people make from football blogging.

To the first commenter here, bro you need to go out. Things are happening! I can confidently tell you that a certain nairalander makes as much as 3Million Naira per month from his football blogs and he isn't even among the top 500 blogs in the world.

With my background in IM, I believe I can revisit that skill and turn it into something great!

I will be discussing with one of big players of this business in the coming days and he is willing to dish out all he knows in his over 8 years of making a living. Yeah, that's the way he put it--making a living and you know what that means.

Of course, I wasn't expecting any of my Nigerian brothers to share the secret with me but I have never been someone who don't dig around. I do a lot of research daily

The thing is that this secret isn't readily available online--how the whole system works.
is sea really any secret??
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by 2sex(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2015
fattbabakay:
is sea really any secret??
a Kind off bro. Not like you will readily find information about seo, affiliate marketing, website flipping etc.

This one is not readily available anywhere except those who have mastered it.

Even one of the top earners has commented on this thread.
Re: Starting A Blog: Football Or Celebrity Niche? by dotcomnamename: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
2sex:
a Kind off bro. Not like you will readily find information about seo, affiliate marketing, website flipping etc.

This one is not readily available anywhere except those who have mastered it.

Even one of the top earners has commented on this thread.

Guru how far? grin A quick question for you. I have a Football Club's group on facebbok with over 70 fans. I'm thinking of starting a blog on it but i am not sure if the fans will pump in? You gerit? I dey maitain the group on a daily basis and its over 2 years now grin

(1) (Reply)

Free COURSE: How You Too Can Build Chatbot without Coding - [10 slots available] / Introducing Textpad - A Software To Quickly Learn Web Development With HTML,CSS / Best Web Designing And Digital Marketing Company In Ghaziabad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.