Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex (1095 Views)

Some Diseases You Can Detect Yourself Through Smell / List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Top 5 Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex by Princedavis(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
Terrifying-but-true fact: You know you don’t necessarily need to have sex to get an STD.

1. HPV
Although HPV has risen from the sexual health lexicon to become a buzzword of sorts, a lot of people still

don’t understand that no sex is necessary to catch it. “The human papillomavirus is transmitted by skin-to-skin contact, whether someone touches a wart or some of the surrounding skin,” says Dweck. HPV comes in various strains, some of which may cause genital warts and others that can result in precancerous lesions. There don’t need to be warts for you to catch it since the virus can shed even if there isn’t an outbreak. “Warts sometimes show up on parts of the body besides genitals, like fingers,” says Dweck. A doctor can prescribe medication to get rid of the warts or use various techniques like freezing or cutting them off, but the virus may still sit... CONTD at http://bukkysblog.info
Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex by ayokunlei(m): 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
O
Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex by Princedavis(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sorry that I had to cut it. It is a bit lengthy.
Throw in more if you know any, or better still contribute via questions and clarification.
Re: Sexually Transmitted Diseases You Could Get Without Actually Having Sex by gnldcares4you: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
IF YOU NEED BENEFITTING REMEDIES WITH GNLD NUTRITTIONAL SUPPLEMENTS; just contact me directly on 08063894916/08098277410

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE HELP....... I Scratch My Body 10 To 20mins Every Morning After Bath / Interesting Ways To Predict Your Baby's Gender / Ct Brain Scan And Nct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.