Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) (30076 Views)

Photos: “nigerian Artist Travels To The End Of The World“ To Shoot Music Video / Police Arrest Guys That Leaked Chidinma Okeke's Video (Photos) / Lauryn Hill At African Shrine Last Night (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by Shymm3x: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
mmsen:

So now official UN stats are less credible than your shallow opinion.

OK son.

Ok, kiddo - who supplied UN the stats and from which non-existent database? Another naij scam lol.

Go to bed if you have acute glaucoma and u can't do a simple eye test.

I don't care about whose ox is gored - I post my opinions with no chaser loool.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by chysam: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Shymm3x:
Loooool. That place looks more ghetto than the worst slums in Rio - yet some fvckers would come here to label places better than most of the affluent places in naij as ghetto - hysterical. grin grin

Big ups to Lauryn Hill - legend! Greatest female rapper ever and top-10 greatest rapper ever.

Not in any where near Eve.Although both of them are old school now,Eve was better.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by Shymm3x: 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
chysam:

Not in any where near Eve.Although both of them are old school now,Eve was better.

This is just utterly disrespectful and blasphemous. Comparing her to Eve is like comparing Nas to T.I. Eve at her peak wasn't even better than Foxy Brown.

Eve, Lil Kim, Lady of Rage, Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy Elliot et al are second tier female rappers. You can put Nicki Minaj in 3rd tier with Trina. If you want to compare anyone to Lauryn Hill - it has to be from this list: Jean Grae, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, and UK's own Monie Love.

1 Like

Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by dplomaticVal: 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2015
Barram:
sorry sir. I couldn't make out what you meant.

If you have prblm with the provided collacteral. I can bring something else.

Thanks.
it cnt work bro i no da abj. besides thas my las cad I postd dia
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by Barram: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
dplomaticVal:

it cnt work bro i no da abj. besides thas my las cad I postd dia
thank you very much sirsmiley

Really appreciate your good intention.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by chysam: 8:48am On Sep 03, 2015
Shymm3x:

This is just utterly disrespectful and blasphemous. Comparing her to Eve is like comparing Nas to T.I. Eve at her peak wasn't even better than Foxy Brown.

Eve, Lil Kim, Lady of Rage, Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy Elliot et al are second tier female rappers. You can put Nicki Minaj in 3rd tier with Trina. If you want to compare anyone to Lauryn Hill - it has to be from this list: Jean Grae, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, and UK's own Monie Love.

Lol! Who raps longer,faster and with precision among these divas?
And what the hell is Queen Latifah doing on that list?.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by EmmyDe25(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2015
Pangea:
angry
May God have mercy!
Why do these people always go to the rugged part of lagos to shoot their yeye videos?
That was how that other fat slob- Rick Ross, went to the slum to shoot his yeye video.

Can't they go to VGC or Banana island to shoot?
These people are reinforcing the image of Nigeria being a slum!
I was about to talk about this when i saw your post. I guess there is this joy they find when they portray Africa in the light of a continent that is backward and ultimately needing the help of Europe and America.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by morethanadoll(f): 2:18am On Sep 06, 2015
MrRhymes101:
SO THEY PAID HER TO COME TO NAIJA AND SHE IS USING THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO OTHER THINGS ABI?? ISORIT

I doubt that Lauryn Hill was paid anything to visit Nigeria. This woman is all about Africa here on America. Do your research before coming to conclusions.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by londoner: 9:48am On Sep 06, 2015
EmmyDe25:

I was about to talk about this when i saw your post. I guess there is this joy they find when they portray Africa in the light of a continent that is backward and ultimately needing the help of Europe and America.

I agree but we should not pretend these places don't exist. My issue is that they refuse to show the other side of Africa/Nigeria even though they have also seen that as the better areas are where they stay while in Lagos. They feel they are "being real", but honestly they are helping in the white man to continue his single story of negativity regarding Nigeria.

What is wrong with showing the poor, middle class and also the rich? Why can't they do that? All classes exist and some have transitioned into those classes.

Other black American artists don't feel the need to only talk about or show the ghetto or poverty of their people in the US because to be honest Black America lives very differently to White America.

Why do they not feel the need to "keep it real" then?

In those pics I see poverty but also hard work, industrious people and business owners. Hopefully the video will highlight that aspect. I want to believe that the finished product will show an alternative narrative.
Re: Lauryn Hill At Lagos Island To Shoot Music Video (Photos) by MrRhymes101(m): 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
morethanadoll:

I doubt that Lauryn Hill was paid anything to visit Nigeria. This woman is all about Africa here on America. Do your research before coming to conclusions.
so she left America, came to Nigeria, PEOPLE PAID TO WATCH HER PERFORM @ EKO HOTELS, yet she wasn't paid to come?? Ok I hereby advice that u read ur comment again, admit u were wrong publicly, and apologies to me privately......I may forgive u if am in a good mood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus: Stop Adding Up To My Age. I’m Not 44-Years-Old / Burna Boy Celebrates His 28th Birthday In The Studio, To Drop A Track With Naira / BBNaija: "I Am Not A Bitter Person" — Cee-C, Keeps Mum On Ebuka & Kiss With Tobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.