Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby (1707 Views)

The Beautiful Scorpion I Found In Ogun On My Project Site / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / Facebook's Internet Delivery Drone Complete First Test Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2015
17 years after she was born through In Vitro Fertilisation, IVF, Nigeria’s first test tube baby, Miss Hannatu Kupchi, has secured admission into a Hungarian University to study medicine.

The medical doctor that supervised the first IVF experiment in Nigeria, Dr. Ibrahim Wada, said Hannatu’s birth on February 11, 1998, at Nisa Premier Hospital in Abuja, signalled a revolution in the practice of medicine in Nigeria.
"When I was out of this country, I knew there were people who wanted babies. I made the decision to come back to Nigeria to help people. It happened on February 11, 1998 when this historic event occurred in this hospital,”
Said Dr. Wada while speaking in Abuja at a brief reception and presentation of an award to Miss Kupchi.

Responding, Kupchi promised to break barriers and become a doctor in order to help families and parents who are unable to give birth through the traditional means.

She said by her birth, misconceptions about IVF were broken and that many more children had been brought into this world as well.

“I barely made it beyond the cut off mark. God helped me. I am going to try my best and make everyone proud. I am studying medicine because I want to be a doctor. I want to study it because I want God to use me to help families who suffer what my parents went through,” she said.

In his remarks, father of Hannatu, Mr. Hosea Kupchi, said, “We had 13 years of marriage without a child and we went through the orthodox method without any success. But along the line, my sister-in-law told me that there was one Dr. Wada that had been helping couples. That is how we came.”

http://www.olufamous.com/2015/09/meet-beautiful-girl-who-was-nigerias.html?m=1

Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by ayokunlei(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by kestolove95(m): 9:53am On Sep 02, 2015
Goodluck
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by DahtzFestjayz: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2015
Bottled Child
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2015
Omo see shenkees
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Chestar5(f): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2015
Okay good, she is beautiful and intelligent sha kiss
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by adewaletb3(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2015
Okay undecided
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Omotayor123(f): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Hmm... Was she in the tube for complete nine months
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2015
Omotayor123:
Hmm... Was she in the tube for complete nine months
I doubt...
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Houseofglam7(f): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2015
Awwwwww
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by Viktor1983(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
Cool Story
Re: Meet The Beautiful Girl Who Was Nigeria’s First Test-tube Baby by SPDAZZY(f): 10:28pm On Nov 30, 2015
God given intelligence. God truly breathed his spirit in man, little wonder the scientific breakthroughs.

(1) (Reply)

Sap Ides Installation, Materials And Instructor-led Training / NASA Confirms Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness / How To Recover Deleted Videos From Android Internal Memory Without Backup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.