Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,431 members, 7,958,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Would You Work For Your Father In-law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Work For Your Father In-law? (9093 Views)

Poll: Would You Work For Your Father-In-Law?

Yes why not.: 25% (16 votes)
No, not at all: 56% (36 votes)
Maybe: 18% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Son-in-law Compelled To Write An Essay By Father-in-law / How Do I Deal With An Annoying Father-in-law ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Guys
Would you work for your father in-law? If he owns a very large organisation and you are well paid for it?

Ladies, would allow your hubby to work for your Dad?
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 5:21pm On Apr 02, 2009
Is it a big deal? I have heard many Naija guys say God forbid!

Does working for and answering to your father in-law undermine the man's position in the home or even in his immediate society?
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by iice(f): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
For shizzle if they both want it
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Sauron1: 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2009
Grouppoint:

Guys
Would you work for your father in-law? If he owns a very large organisation and you are well paid for it?

God forbid!!! It's soooooooooooooooooooooooo tacky!!!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2009
iice:

For shizzle if they both want it

They may both feel they want it initially, but whenever your boss (father in law) tells you off at work, guess who is gonna get it when the man returns home? shocked
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by tpia: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2009
And when its time for pillow talk, and you feel like really cursing out your useless good for nothing Boss, (I'm guessing there wont be any magic in the bedroom that night)
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by biina: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
depends on how well he pays
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
I'd have to be seeing him everyday?

Ehrrrm no. Family and business should be separate
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Sissy3(f): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
no, i would be uncomfortable with it
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
No.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by ima1(f): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2009
oh hell no, i remember my dad asking me that question. he said tell ur husband to come work for me and the next thing that came outta my mouth was Hell no. lol my dad was shocked. thats another way parents can use to control ur marriage becoz they know how much ur husband makes.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by iice(f): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2009
Grouppoint:

They may both feel they want it initially, but whenever your boss (father in law) tells you off at work, guess who is gonna get it when the man returns home? shocked

undecided I guess i don't process the same way other people do.
But why should i be mad at him or them? If they are mad at each other, aren't they supposed to keep it there at work and not bring it home? But if they want to vent, they can vent all the want so long as they are conscious of what they say and do.  .   .Even if it's the other way round, am i supposed to say 'your dad blah blah, your dad's family blah blah, their village blah blah - who get time? undecided
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 03, 2009
you will never know if your advancements are based on your achievements, or on the fact that daddy's little girl must not suffer, your co workers will hold you in secret contempt

you will be fully dependent on your inlaws for your livelihood. . .and that is NOT a good thing. . . human beings will always piss on people who are 100% dependent on them. .

now what happens if you and the wife fall out? do you still get to keep the job? or if wifey catches you cheating? what will daddy/md do?

or if you catch wifey cheating?

if your father in law is the typical nigerain big man prick, and you are less thn competent, he may even take to yabbing you during meetings.

no bloody way! of course, most of what i'm posting assumes you 'married up'. if u are both kids of 'movers and shakers of society' whose companies are tied together by mutual benefits etal. . .maybe no problem. . .
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Grouppoint(m): 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Oyb,

Very excellent and graphic post. Out of curiosity, Have u experienced such?
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by popoyeh(m): 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
It all depends on each individual as they take it.

ME!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My landlord (for my office) is my gurl friend's Dad, but he doesn't yet know am going out with his daughter. I intend to move my business out of his premises before we inform him we are planning to get married.

Work for him, Over my sleeping body,

Dats my view,
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2009
Grouppoint:

@Oyb,

Very excellent and graphic post. Out of curiosity, Have u experienced such?

nope. . .i married at my level. . . grin

but i know that as long as a person has absolute control over your livelihood, if he so wishes, you're his bitch.thats why we all looking out for -how do they call it - fu-ck you money, that paper that menas you are your own man and do not have to take ish from nobody.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Outstrip(f): 4:50am On Apr 04, 2009
My husband can work for my dad but cannot work for my in laws
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by scktaggif: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2009
Never
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by spikedcylinder: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2009
A colleague of mine is married to the CEO's sister.

Tacky. undecided
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2009
If he's in dire need of a job, why not?
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by romsky: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2009
i just hope its not one of those dominating families cus they will run ur home for u as well
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by MrCrackles(m): 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2009
Nah!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by izeek(m): 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2009
if u r well qualified and get the job based on the fact that u qualify for it,
then u can work there. but if they gave uthe job cos u are not qualified enough to get a job for yourself,
then i suggest you think again.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by FBS: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2009
it depends I think of the relationship you 2 have but honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal.
So, yes, why not.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by PeeJee(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2009
no i won't work for my father inlaw in his company , he really want to help if he hook me up in another organisation fine by me but to be working directly under him it is not possible for me, cos he will control my home.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by temi4rea(f): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2009
Are u guys saying if u are married to one of Mike Adenuga's daughter,

For that reason if u are offered a very good job wth good pay in GLO u wont work?

Am just asking.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by nazzyon(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
There is nothing bad in working for an in-law.

I can work for my in-law till I get a job that suits me.

But if you don't have any other option then there is nothing wrong in working for an in-law.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2009
If there were other options. . .i wouldn't want my husband working for my father.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by Epiphany(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
nazzyon:

There is nothing bad in working for an in-law.

I can work for my in-law till I get a job that suits me.

But if you don't have any other option then there is nothing wrong in working for an in-law.

Good quote.

It will be my LAST option and even while i am working for my In-Law, i will actively start looking for something elsewhere!
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by PeeJee(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

If there were other options. . .i wouldn't want my husband working for my father.
you are the kind of woman I want you really understand what those are against working for inlaws are saying.
Re: Would You Work For Your Father In-law? by PeeJee(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2009
temi 4 rea:

Are u guys saying if u are married to one of Mike Adenuga's daughter,

For that reason if u are offered a very good job wth good pay in GLO u wont work?

Am just asking.
ya i won't work there if am married to adenuga's daughter if she really love me and want to build her home she will cooperate with me and find other means not to be under his father. A good wife won't want any situation or opportunity for her family to take control on her matrimonial home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View / Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / Met Used Condom On My 8 Months Wife Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.