Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,491 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers (930 Views)

What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / Chizoba Dibi, Immigration Boss Storms Warri In Style (Photos) / Dispersing The Newly Recruited Nigeria Immigration Officers, Just OR Unjust? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers by fayose4real(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
OUR RECRUITMENT IS LEGAL. Mr president, greetings your excellency. First and foremost i will like to commend your style of leadership since assuming office. I have no doubt that the wind of change which your govt. has spearheaded will steer the country to greatness in years to come. Sir i am writting not only as a follower but also as somone who sees you as his role model and whose future is being threatened, your emergence as the president filled me with hope that excellence, hardwork and persistence brings success. As a young citizen seeking gainful employment, i went through so many bitter experiences in a period in which if you are not connected, you cannot get a job. I was tempered by some very difficult times shifting political conditions and economic turmoil also combined to heighten the challenges i faced as well as other unemployed young Nigerians. I was about giving up but the lesson i learnt from your doggedness and never-say-die attitude gave me the courage and enthusiasm to fight on, i followed your bleuprint and i got employed into the Nigeria Immigration Service, and you the great man that inspired me, became the president, i was glad that nobody played dirty politics by faulting the election process that brougth you in, or by challenging your victory with a lawsuit. Thesame cannot be said about the recruitment process that got me and 1999 others the NIS job. I have been patiently watching events as they unfold; the refusal of board to issue appointment letters to the Assistant superintendent 2 officers, and our subsequent dispersal pending further directives. Though, i have been silently praying and hoping for your timely intervention as i believe you will pull us out of this quagmire, the recent newspaper publications calling our recruitment ILLEGAL has made me realised that it is hightime our voice is heard before the power-drunken men with their shenanigans play political chess with the life atnd future of 2000 officers, this its the awaited moment when our long suppressed voice need to find utterance, this is why i am writting this piece. We have been taken as pawns in this political crossfire as people are trying to justify their misdeeds and come clean at the expense of innocent youths. Why are people using the word "illegal" to describe our recruitment? Why did these people not come out and inform the innocent Nigerian youths that the presidential committee set up to assist in the recruitment process was illegal when vacancies were advertised? Why did they allow the youths to apply and why did they wait this long before coming out to tell us about the committee and that hence the recruitment was "illegal". We need answers and explainations from people involved. This set of people were alive when we that made the first shortlist risked our lives to the designated centers nationwide to write the Computer Based Aptitude Test. After the test another shortlist was anounced, and we that made the list again were instructed to go our various state of origin for document verification, physical examination and oral interview. After this stage there comes the final shortlist and we were again instructed to go to different NIS training school across the nation for documentation and collection of appointment letters in which we travelled a very long and risky journey, some were attacked by arm robbers, some had accident during the course of their journey to unknown land, besides, some quit their bettet paying job for the chance to make a difference by serving their fatherland. Apart from this we went through three months of induction training and all this period, the people labelling our recruitment "illegal" didn't come out to tell Nigerians that the excercise was illegal. During the period of training we were subjected to intence training and extreme weather condition, we toiled in the mid-day sun with sweats on our brows, our wears were soiled with dirts like gladiators in the arena. Sir, we are no longer civilians as we were taught the ethics of paramilitary, how to handle fire arms and many more service secret. We were all eager to go to our various training school to learn more with a view of contributing our quota to the service of the nation at large before the hearth broken message came that our recruitment is suspnded and that we hould go home till further notice. It is therefore saddening to see that despite all our struggles and training, some individual are trying to cancel our recruitment by fielding lies to the public, it is obvious that these corrupt individual are aggrirved by the fact that normal slot sharing practices was not allowed during the recruitment, it hurts them to see we less previlege making the final shotlist due to the fact that the process was open, free, fair and credible. Because of their selfish interest they want to see our appoitment terminated not minding that their action might lead to the destruction of 2000 lifes. Mr president, we have gotten this job on merit, we dont want to go back home, we dont want to return to our civilian lives, we dont want to be sent back to the dreary street that once threatened our life goal, ambitions and dreams, our dream to labour and to work hard for the betterment of this country, to promote the image of our dear nation both home and abroad. The desired change is only speerheaded by courageous leaders like you, but more often it is driven by committed citizens. Sir whenever i see my colleagues, i see officers who will move NIS forward in the years ahead. Mr president, we are not APC or PDP, but nigerian youth, we want to resume work as soon as posible. We wont let you down, we wont let Nigeria down, please don't let us down.
Re: A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers by SeverusSnape(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Bubu can't read.
Re: A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers by Machiny: 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ok
Re: A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers by chrisbaby24(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
Seen...
Re: A pleading letter to President Buhari by new Immigration officers by Wldzgr8st(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nice one... The federal government should not throw away the baby with the bathwater

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Entrepreneur Scheme / Ict Certification Training In Ikeja Lagos Nigeria / Can Foreigners Join Canadian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.