Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (410306 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On May 17, 2016
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:40am On May 17, 2016
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:43am On May 17, 2016
computerboy:

I don't understand what you mean by updating automatically. There are two effective ways to update your display driver on windows 10

1. Through device manager (right click on "start" icon you'll see the option)
* click on display adapters and right click on Microsoft basic adapter then click update. Choose the online option

2. Through windows update. You'll surely see your driver there then download and wait while it installs

Non of the two method worked for me. Anyway problem fixed.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 8:46am On May 17, 2016
My Windows 10 did not come with Cortana.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:19am On May 17, 2016
Olarewajub:
My Windows 10 did not come with Cortana.

Lol. ....that's impossicant grin

You just need to activate it through the search bar on your Taskbar with Internet. The search will then change to Cortana
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:24am On May 17, 2016
Collinz2:
download driver booster from onhax and crack it, it will update and install your drivers including the display driver.

It's always better to download drivers through windows update because these softwares just download the latest drivers for you whether compatible or not
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2016
computerboy:

It's always better to download drivers through windows update because these softwares just download the latest drivers for you whether compatible or not
really? But my windows update always download and get stuck.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 10:54am On May 17, 2016
computerboy:

Lol. ....that's impossicant grin

You just need to activate it through the search bar on your Taskbar with Internet. The search will then change to Cortana

Very funny. I will try that when next i'm connected to the internet.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 2:35am On May 18, 2016
@ computerboy. My Display driver is working in reverse, i.e the brightness button decreases brightness while the decrease button increases brightness. I have to disable and enable my Display driver any time i switch on my PC because the brightness setting is not maintained. Display driver was downloaded from Intel website. Could it be i installed the wrong Display driver for my PC?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 8:39am On May 18, 2016
Olarewajub:
@ computerboy. My Display driver is working in reverse, i.e the brightness button decreases brightness while the decrease button increases brightness. I have to disable and enable my Display driver any time i switch on my PC because the brightness setting is not maintained. Display driver was downloaded from Intel website. Could it be i installed the wrong Display driver for my PC?
update your display drivers.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 1:23pm On May 18, 2016
I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc. Lately, I can no longer download or install software updates presented on Windows Store. When I click on an update to install, it keeps downloading till eternity and finally presenting an error message. I've tried the Wsreset.exe command, logging in and out of Store, among others, all to no avail. How do I get around this issue Cos it's sickening when you are helplessly stuck on older versions of your installed softwares when there are series of updates being rolled out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:01pm On May 18, 2016
Olarewajub:

You downloaded an incompatible version. Hardly will you get your exact version from Intel. That's why i advised you use Windows update. Anyways un-install it and use "driverpack solution". Just Google the download link
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:05pm On May 18, 2016
darlingnuel:
I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc. Lately, I can no longer download or install software updates presented on Windows Store. When I click on an update to install, it keeps downloading till eternity and finally presenting an error message. I've tried the Wsreset.exe command, logging in and out of Store, among others, all to no avail. How do I get around this issue Cos it's sickening when you are helplessly stuck on older versions of your installed softwares when there are series of updates being rolled out.

Since you've tried all those above then i can only advise you delete your "softwaredistribution" folder. It won't delete fully then restart and delete the remaining part.
You can locate it under Windows folder in your C drive
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Mckandre(m): 4:15pm On May 19, 2016
Olarewajub:
re u using a lenovo?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 6:16pm On May 19, 2016
Mckandre:
re u using a lenovo?
Yes.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Mckandre(m): 9:28pm On May 19, 2016
Olarewajub:

Yes.
there should be a backup of ur drivers in ur 2nd partition located in my computer,that's if u still ve them.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:53pm On May 19, 2016
Mckandre:
there should be a backup of ur drivers in ur 2nd partition located in my computer,that's if u still ve them.

They won't be compatible especially the display driver
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Mckandre(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2016
computerboy:

They won't be compatible especially the display driver
I had same problem,if the laptop came with windows 8 or 8.1,theirs a big chance the drivers will be compatible,except for WLAN driver which I had to download the win10 version from lenovo website. If he seeks for the win10 version of the display driver,he's likely gonna run into display glitches,muted sound if u plug in earpiece, delayed bootup, laggy option menus ,The only benefit he will only encounter from the update Is increased dedicated grahics memory,nothing more.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 3:23pm On May 22, 2016
computerboy:

Since you've tried all those above then i can only advise you delete your "softwaredistribution" folder. It won't delete fully then restart and delete the remaining part.
You can locate it under Windows folder in your C drive
Didn't change the situation,dude. Anymore more suggestions?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 3:41pm On May 22, 2016
darlingnuel:

Try restoring to a previous date
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by oluwaseunla(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2016
darlingnuel:

When you try to update, what is the exact error code? I had thesame issue last week. Googled the code, and followed the instructions. My system updates now.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 6:13pm On May 22, 2016
oluwaseunla:

When you try to update, what is the exact error code? I had thesame issue last week. Googled the code, and followed the instructions. My system updates now.

0x80072F78
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2016
oluwaseunla:

From 0x80072F78 to 0x80072EE7
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
oluwaseunla:

Some apps reports 0x80072F78, others 0x80072EE7, and 0x80010108. Its crazy, the codes keep changes for the same app
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
oluwaseunla:

Some apps report 0x80072F78, others 0x80072EE7, and 0x80010108. Its crazy, the codes keep changes for the same app
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by taiwo4love(m): 1:25pm On May 23, 2016
iPhone 7 with Eye Scanner Innovative
http://gidiinfo.com/iphone-7-eye-scanner-innovative/

Multi-Window in Android N: What Devs Need to Know to Make the Best of It
http://gidiinfo.com/multi-window-android-n-devs-need-know-make-best/

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 4:14pm On May 23, 2016
I will like to ask this question. Why is it that most windows users despise Windows 8.1 even though the os is better by far than windows 7 (crap to me). There is nothing about windows 7 in my windows 10 build. I don't think there is any feature in windows 7 that my previous os (8.1) did not have. Why the ignorance?

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Windows_7?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfqnL88O6cgzBPf8

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Windows_8.1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfqnL88O6cgzBPf8
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:34pm On May 23, 2016
Olarewajub:
I will like to ask this question. Why is it that most windows users despise Windows 8.1 even though the os is better by far than windows 7 (crap to me). There is nothing about windows 7 in my windows 10 build. I don't think there is any feature in windows 7 that my previous os (8.1) did not have. Why the ignorance?

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Windows_7?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfqnL88O6cgzBPf8

https://https-en-m-wikipedia-org/wiki/Windows_8.1?iorg_service_id_internal=803478443041409%3BAfqnL88O6cgzBPf8

I'm co-asking too
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 2:24am On May 24, 2016
Computerboy do u know how to permanently disable Cortana and Windows Defender??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:57am On May 24, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Computerboy do u know how to permanently disable Cortana and Windows Defender??

Go to windows defender settings, you'll see it. I'm not with my PC now so I can't guide you exactly but it's under settings. Also installing a third party Antivirus will deactivate it automatically.

As for Cortana, right click on the icon by the search bar. You can guide yourself from there
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Teeyoung1(m): 8:40pm On May 25, 2016
computerboy:

Go to windows defender settings, you'll see it. I'm not with my PC now so I can't guide you exactly but it's under settings. Also installing a third party Antivirus will deactivate it automatically.

As for Cortana, right click on the icon by the search bar. You can guide yourself from there
Good evening everyone, sorry for the interruption. pls @ computer boy, pes 2016 wouldn't play sound on my laptop. Other games play sounds but pes 2016 wouldn't play sounds. pls I need urgent help,once again am sorry for the interruption.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by OlaBa: 10:25pm On May 25, 2016
I download .ISO of window 10 online. The problem now is that I don't know how to make my usb flash drive bootable

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.