Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,884 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408294 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bhordmars: 7:36am On Nov 01, 2016
darlingnuel:
Much to my chagrin of haven't yet received the anniversary update on my pc, I opted to using a Microsoft upgrade assistant to install the AU. Due to power issues, the update process reached 100% mark after three days. Then when it was time for the assistant to check d download and subsequently, install the update, it started the download afresh! Out of anger of loss of so much browsing data, I terminated the download. I had to go thru the normal windows update system to check for updates.

After the cumulative updates for build 10586 finished installing, I was notified of Anniversary update availability! So I hit the 'update' button to initiate the process. Took two days to get to the 100% mark. When it was time to install the update, I received an error msg, which showed a retry button. As I clicked 'retry' to retry d installation, the download process started afresh! Over 6GB & time have just been wasted.

@computerboy and other experienced gurus, how do I successfully update my pc? I don suffer for this AU hand...
No Be Only You ooo. .This Feature Update to 1607. .E Too Suffer me. .But Finally Sha. .I installed It

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2016
Bhordmars:
No Be Only You ooo. .This Feature Update to 1607. .E Too Suffer me. .But Finally Sha. .I installed It

How's the anniversary update? Hope you weren't disappointed
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:55am On Nov 01, 2016
Latest Windows 10 Anniversary update Iso (with October 2016 updates) download link added on first page for easy upgrade.

Enjoy
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by semid4lyfe(m): 9:58am On Nov 02, 2016
computerboy:
Latest Windows 10 Anniversary update Iso (with October 2016 updates) download link added on first page for easy upgrade.

Enjoy

Is it the OS itself with embedded updates or an update package that one can install on an installed Windows 10 OS?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:04am On Nov 02, 2016
semid4lyfe:

Is it the OS itself with embedded updates or an update package that one can install on an installed Windows 10 OS?

Yes. The OS embedded with updates. You can use it for clean install (formatting) as well
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by semid4lyfe(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2016
computerboy:

Yes. The OS embedded with updates. You can use it for clean install (formatting) as well

Not for me. Apart from the poor battery life, my Windows 10 is perfect and backing up up my files, doing a clean OS installation and reinstalling all the applications na big hassle.

I wish there were service packs to update Windows 10 offline just like there was for previous OSes cos battery life on Windows 10 has improved with the incremental updates.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
semid4lyfe:

Not for me. Apart from the poor battery life, my Windows 10 is perfect and backing up up my files, doing a clean OS installation and reinstalling all the applications na big hassle.

I wish there were service packs to update Windows 10 offline just like there was for previous OSes cos battery life on Windows 10 has improved with the incremental updates.

You can use it for updates as well. Don't confuse yourself nah cheesy
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bhordmars: 4:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
computerboy:

How's the anniversary update? Hope you weren't disappointed
Its cool bro. . .No more bugs. . .microsoft fixed it in d last update. . .
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DavisBloom(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good evening all, after installing win10 pro on my PC and some drivers,nvidia driver will not just work, it keeps showing the yellow caution sign in device manager...
Please epp
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
DavisBloom:
Good evening all, after installing win10 pro on my PC and some drivers,nvidia driver will not just work, it keeps showing the yellow caution sign in device manager...
Please epp

www.driverupdate.net
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
DavisBloom:
Please epp

Go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the driver. Don't download from Nvidia website
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DavisBloom(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
computerboy:

Go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the driver. Don't download from Nvidia website
Thanks,didnt work either,i fixed it already by re instaling windows and drivers,it happened to be there was a virus during initiial installation
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
Computerboy which gaming pc can i get for atleast 80k which can play most latest games.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by semid4lyfe(m): 5:50am On Nov 08, 2016
@ computerboy, has battery life improved significantly on Windows 10 with the Anniversary update?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:38am On Nov 08, 2016
semid4lyfe:
@ computerboy, has battery life improved significantly on Windows 10 with the Anniversary update?

Yes. Very well
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Collinz2:
Computerboy which gaming pc can i get for atleast 80k which can play most latest games.

Intel Core processors with dedicated cards are costly now. Look for AMD A-series (A4, A6, A8, A10) processors. They're the next best thing especially if you can get it in HP 15 series. Don't listen to any novice, they don't heat up at all and handle graphics well with good frame rates. I'm currently using one now
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2016
computerboy:

Yes. Very well

On all my laptops and notebooks (all Dell's), The battery issue on my Dell M2800 is still worse(was better under Windows 7), 4 hours plus. But on windows 10 , I can only manage 2 hours plus.
The notebooks still manage between 4 - 7 hours. I still wonder how they managed to get the battery issue so so wrong. I am waiting very patiently for the patch or fix to return my M2800 to the form it was under Win 7.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

On all my laptops and notebooks (all Dell's), The battery issue on my Dell M2800 is still worse(was better under Windows 7), 4 hours plus. But on windows 10 , I can only manage 2 hours plus.
The notebooks still manage between 4 - 7 hours. I still wonder how they managed to get the battery issue so so wrong. I am waiting very patiently for the patch or fix to return my M2800 to the form it was under Win 7.

Oh. ...maybe i should say modern processors then. To be frank, these days I usually upgrade my laptops to Windows 10 before selling and there's no drop in battery life. Maybe some processors are yet to be fixed as Intel announced they're still working with MS
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
computerboy:

Oh. ...maybe i should say modern processors then. To be frank, these days I usually upgrade my laptops to Windows 10 before selling and there's no drop in battery life. Maybe some processors are yet to be fixed as Intel announced they're still working with MS

The laptop in question is only 2 years old. Not unless in laptop years, it's now deemed old school.......
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
computerboy:

Intel Core processors with dedicated cards are costly now. Look for AMD A-series (A4, A6, A8, A10) processors. They're the next best thing especially if you can get it in HP 15 series. Don't listen to any novice, they don't heat up at all and handle graphics well with good frame rates. I'm currently using one now
someone told me AMD board aint good. My elder sister has HP 15 notebook with AMD processor but it sucks in gaming. Maybe i'll look for better HP with AMD processor. Thanks.
Is it advisable to overclock intel pentium processor from 1.8ghz to atleast 2.0ghz-2.2ghz just to speed up some games?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

AMD E-series and Intel Pentium also har battery issues on windows 10 but my friend's Intel Core i3 has no trouble with windows 10.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
Collinz2:
AMD E-series and Intel Pentium also har battery issues on windows 10 but my friend's Intel Core i3 has no trouble with windows 10.

My i3 & i5 are fine, but the i7 is a battery vampire. I think the i7's are the problems
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Collinz2:
someone told me AMD board aint good. My elder sister has HP 15 notebook with AMD processor but it sucks in gaming. Maybe i'll look for better HP with AMD processor. Thanks.
Is it advisable to overclock intel pentium processor from 1.8ghz to atleast 2.0ghz-2.2ghz just to speed up some games?

Maybe your sis AMD isn't the modern A series with R series graphics card. Also AMD laptops also come with a dedicated video memory. I'll never advice you to over clock a laptop processor but if you know what you're doing then from 1.8 to 2.0 won't cause any harm
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Collinz2(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
computerboy:

Maybe your sis AMD isn't the modern A series with R series graphics card. Also AMD laptops also come with a dedicated video memory. I'll never advice you to over clock a laptop processor but if you know what you're doing then from 1.8 to 2.0 won't cause any harm
thanks. Its a desktop i want to overclock. Also where to get display drivers from AMD or HP, cause the last time i use driver software i ended up with a black screen.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2016
computerboy:

Well it requires some registry modifications. Hope you're savvy enough

Not yet

Goodday, I Have A Friend Whose Pc Runs A Genuine Windows 8.1 Home(registered). I Directed Him To The First Page On This Thread Which Contains The Iso.
But There Are Two Issues That Are Bugging Me;

1. Will He Be Asked For Activation/Product Key During The Upgrade?
2. If The Upgrade Is Successful, It Will Be Upgraded To To Windows 10 Home, How Will He Do It So As To Upgrade To Windows 10 Pro?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2016
rawdpiper:

Goodday, I Have A Friend Whose Pc Runs A Genuine Windows 8.1 Home(registered). I Directed Him To The First Page On This Thread Which Contains The Iso.

2. If The Upgrade Is Successful, It Will Be Upgraded To To Windows 10 Home, How Will He Do It So As To Upgrade To Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 is no longer free, so activation license would be required.
Download iso and use KMS to activate. You select version of Operating system you require.....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Windows 10 is no longer free, so activation license would be required.
Download iso and use KMS to activate. You select version of Operating system you require.....

So Even If The Operating System Is Windows 10 Home I Can Use The Kms To Activate It To Windows 10 Pro?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2016
rawdpiper:

So Even If The Operating System Is Windows 10 Home I Can Use The Kms To Activate It To Windows 10 Pro?

Choose pro version during selection process and activate one's completed
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Choose pro version during selection process and activate one's completed

I Thought Someone Can Only Upgrade From Windows 8.1 Home To Windows 10 Home And Not Pro? Sorry If I'm Bombarding Yot With Question.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
rawdpiper:

I Thought Someone Can Only Upgrade From Windows 8.1 Home To Windows 10 Home And Not Pro? Sorry If I'm Bombarding Yot With Question.

If you were upgrading through upgrade assistant, yes. But with the upgrade decision up to you via iso, you decide.....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by rawdpiper(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If you were upgrading through upgrade assistant, yes. But with the upgrade decision up to you via iso, you decide.....

By Doing So, Will I Be Performing A Clean Install(formatting) Or Upgrading(which Will Retain My Files)?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
rawdpiper:

1. Some systems don't ask. Others will give option to skip. If you use Pro product key to install then no need for number 2
2. He'll need to get a "Pro" product key. After installation, go to "add features to windows 10" and follow the guide

For Windows 10 product keys, visit Microsoft forum
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/88e151b7-19ee-459a-aab7-ba9e93a3d388/windows-10-version-1607-product-keys-and-kms-keys?forum=win10itprosetup

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.