Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408300 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Atyem:
Please, my hp elitebook 8440p just downloaded and installed a Windows 10 patch update and some keys like shift, ctrl, delete and fn refuse to work. I tried to roll back the update but to no avail, I uninstalled the keyboard, installed a new keyboard driver but nothing changed. Somebody should please help me out of this

Have you tried with an external keyboard?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Atyem(m): 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
computerboy:

No, I haven't. I will try that. Thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2016
Pls. Someone tell me the meaning of this error msg...

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Google wasn't of much help
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Lana1:
Pls. Someone tell me the meaning of this error msg...

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Google wasn't of much help

Always give full details of how the error message came about
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 11:48am On Oct 01, 2016
computerboy:

Always give full details of how the error message came about
I was playing a game and one minute, everything was fine. And the next minute, Blue Screen and error msg....
System_Thread_blah_blah_blah
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lana1:
I was playing a game and one minute, everything was fine. And the next minute, Blue Screen and error msg....
System_Thread_blah_blah_blah

Did it stop the game from playing?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
computerboy:

Did it stop the game from playing?
Yes. It restarted my pc
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by DrSunny: 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 ON MY DELL LAPTOP VERY SUCCESSFUL AND ENJOYING IT SINCE THEN BUT AFTER UPGRADING MY LUMIA 535 TO WINDOWS 10 FEW DAYS AGO, I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT THE LAPTOP TO THE PHONE FOR BROWSING VIA WIFI. I AM TOLD 'THERE IS ANOTHER COMPUTER ON THIS NETWORK WITH THE SAME IP ADDRESS'. I'VE TRIED 'CMD', IP CONFIG/RELEASE AND RENEW ONLY TO BE TOLD "NO OPERATION COULD NOT BE PERFORMED ON LOCAL AREA CONNECTION WHILE IT HAS ITS MEDIA DISCONNECTED". WHAT DO I DO?
IS THERE ANY WHERE I CAN BROWSE ON MY PC WITH MY PHONE USING WINDOWS PHONE COMPANION?
THANKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Atyem(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
computerboy:

Have tried an external keyboard and it worked very well.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by darlingnuel(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2016
Much to my chagrin of haven't yet received the anniversary update on my pc, I opted to using a Microsoft upgrade assistant to install the AU. Due to power issues, the update process reached 100% mark after three days. Then when it was time for the assistant to check d download and subsequently, install the update, it started the download afresh! Out of anger of loss of so much browsing data, I terminated the download. I had to go thru the normal windows update system to check for updates.

After the cumulative updates for build 10586 finished installing, I was notified of Anniversary update availability! So I hit the 'update' button to initiate the process. Took two days to get to the 100% mark. When it was time to install the update, I received an error msg, which showed a retry button. As I clicked 'retry' to retry d installation, the download process started afresh! Over 6GB & time have just been wasted.

@computerboy and other experienced gurus, how do I successfully update my pc? I don suffer for this AU hand...
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
darlingnuel:
Much to my chagrin of haven't yet received the anniversary update on my pc, I opted to using a Microsoft upgrade assistant to install the AU. Due to power issues, the update process reached 100% mark after three days. Then when it was time for the assistant to check d download and subsequently, install the update, it started the download afresh! Out of anger of loss of so much browsing data, I terminated the download. I had to go thru the normal windows update system to check for updates.

After the cumulative updates for build 10586 finished installing, I was notified of Anniversary update availability! So I hit the 'update' button to initiate the process. Took two days to get to the 100% mark. When it was time to install the update, I received an error msg, which showed a retry button. As I clicked 'retry' to retry d installation, the download process started afresh! Over 6GB & time have just been wasted.

@computerboy and other experienced gurus, how do I successfully update my pc? I don suffer for this AU hand...

Go to getintopc.com and download the ISO file. It's about 4gb. You can burn it to a CD or flash drive and install OR you can mount it and install using PowerIso or daemon
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
computerboy:

Just disassemble the laptop, remove the keyboard and blow it

Thanks, your recommendation actually worked. Although i did not dissemble the pc, i used air from my mouth to blow air on the affected keys and everything is working fine. I will find time to dissemble the laptop for complete maintenance.

Are you running the anniversary update?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
Olarewajub:

Thanks, your recommendation actually worked. Although i did not dissemble the pc, i used air from my mouth to blow air on the affected keys and everything is working fine. I will find time to dissemble the laptop for complete maintenance.

Are you running the anniversary update?

Not yet.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Olarewajub: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
computerboy:

Not yet.

Please do Well to inform us when you finally do so, ain't ready to take any risk now.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Olarewajub:

Please do Well to inform us when you finally do so, ain't ready to take any risk now.

Lol. I don't have a permanent laptop for now so you might wait forever. Just create restore point and install so you can go back

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by tunene66: 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
computerboy:

Go to getintopc.com and download the ISO file. It's about 4gb. You can burn it to a CD or flash drive and install OR you can mount it and install using PowerIso or daemon

Hi thanks for the advice. I followed it and alas I have the latest Windows 10

Cheers for d good work

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by hidee20(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
hi computerboy,great job you're doing here.pls, i installed wins 10 recently and observe that anytime i browse with edge,i don't spend more than 25mins exhausting 500mb without downloading.This is really killing me!.pls help.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
hidee20:
hi computerboy,great job you're doing here.pls, i installed wins 10 recently and observe that anytime i browse with edge,i don't spend more than 25mins exhausting 500mb without downloading.This is really killing me!.pls help.

It's not about browsing but what kind of browsing do you do?

1. Do you stream online videos?
2. Do you download?
3. Also a major suspect is the windows update. Check if it's set to download automatically
4. All try turning off the windows 10 live tiles in the start menu (by right-clicking on each)
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by hidee20(m): 1:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
computerboy:

It's not about browsing but what kind of browsing do you do?

1. Do you stream online videos?
2. Do you download?
3. Also a major suspect is the windows update. Check if it's set to download automatically
4. All try turning off the windows 10 live tiles in the start menu (by right-clicking on each)

Thanks Man!.
1.No
2.No
3.I'd change it from automatic.
4.will do that.

Thanks Again.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
hidee20:

Thanks Man!. 1.No 2.No 3.I'd change it from automatic. 4.will do that.
Thanks Again.
Ok. ..do it and check then lemme know
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by willjoe: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2016
Please o, computerboy n all d computer guruz, how do i play game on my HP355 AMDprocessor. Dedicated video memory is zero(0), how do i increase it, i just nid to play games, d system's too good to stay without one
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:17am On Oct 18, 2016
willjoe:
Please o, computerboy n all d computer guruz, how do i play game on my HP355 AMDprocessor. Dedicated video memory is zero(0), how do i increase it, i just nid to play games, d system's too good to stay without one

What's the full processor model and speed? Is very unlikely for AMD processor to have 0 dedicated video memory
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2016
Turned on my pc this morning and i got this error message.....operating system not found....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
Turned on my pc this morning and i got this error message.....operating system not found....

You sure you shut it down very well last night? After shutting down, always allow your PC to go off before closing the lid. It's safer.

Might be that the boot options in bios was tempered with
1. Unplug all drives and anything external, before booting
2. Remove any CD in the CD-ROM

If all fail then get a windows disk and repair your OS
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by willjoe: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
computerboy:

What's the full processor model and speed? Is very unlikely for AMD processor to have 0 dedicated video memory
AMD A4 6210 APU with AMD radeon R3 Graphics. 1.80GHz. 4.00GB RAM. 64bit

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
willjoe:
AMD A4 6210 APU with AMD radeon R3 Graphics. 1.80GHz. 4.00GB RAM. 64bit

I thought as much. AMD can't have 0 dedicated video memory. You have no display driver. That's the basic one that comes with windows after installation. Your laptop is even a gaming laptop and R3 Graphics comes with minimum of 512mb dedicated.

Go to "device manager" and update your display driver
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Computer boy....my pc cant see my hard disk anymore ...does that mean i need a new harddisk?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by willjoe: 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
computerboy:

I thought as much. AMD can't have 0 dedicated video memory. You have no display driver. That's the basic one that comes with windows after installation. Your laptop is even a gaming laptop and R3 Graphics comes with minimum of 512mb dedicated.

Go to "device manager" and update your display driver
check d pix i attached, DVM is 0mb. Pls how do i rectify this. Wud be kul to get ur whatsapp id.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
willjoe:
check d pix i attached, DVM is 0mb. Pls how do i rectify this. Wud be kul to get ur whatsapp id.

Seems you didn't get my last comment. I said you didn't install a display driver and that's the cause. Go to device manager and update display driver
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
Computer boy....my pc cant see my hard disk anymore ...does that mean i need a new harddisk?

Which disk? Your external or internal)
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
computerboy:

Which disk? Your external or internal)
Internal o
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by willjoe: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2016
computerboy:

Seems you didn't get my last comment. I said you didn't install a display driver and that's the cause. Go to device manager and update display driver
done that yet no changes. Wud apppreciate if i cud get it done

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.