Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy (759 Views)

De-Code: "Why No Afropop Artistes Can Win A Grammy" / Wizkid Has Been Nominated For A Grammy Award / Efia Odo: I Don’t Wear Bra Because My Boobs Are Small (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by vanessaRN(f): 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ler8angW3LE/VecLBj7Ul7I/AAAAAAAALKY/67bnXw63Q3A/s400/DON-JAZZY-11.jpg[/img]
Mavin CEO, Don Jazzy has revealed in an interview that he doesn’t think he’ll ever win a Grammy award.

Speaking to a correspondent, Don Jazzy said:
I don’t think am moving at my speed, I’m moving at God’s speed, so most times, the decisions that I make, when I look back, I just smile and say that’s how God wants it. I’m doing perfect, I’m doing great, I don’t have big eyes, I don’t think I’ll ever win a Grammy, I’m not abusing myself but it’s just realistic. I don’t think Grammy is set up that way.It’s not set up in a way where you’ll just wake up from Nigeria and pick up a Grammy. If it happens fine, but am not basing my success on winning a Grammy or any award for that matter.
I think I speak everybody's mind when I say Don Jazzy doesn't need a Grammy for we Nigerians to know that he is one of the greatest producers in this world.

cc lalasticlala

Source : http://www.reportmusic.net/i-dont-think-ill-ever-win-a-grammy-don-jazzy/
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by ArchEnemy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
Maybe it is possible but you must be ready to do something extra ordinary
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by nerodenero: 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
Though Oliver Twist was a mega hit for Dbanj, it didn't give him a Grammy. Produce a song like Oliver Twist or something different or better and you might just be lucky to get it.

With the pace Africans are developing musically, it's just a matter of time before an African wins it. It's doable wink
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by aare07(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
I will win Noble prize in geography.
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by madmadu(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
baba, e good as u no try deceive urself
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by 2dice(m): 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2015
Grammy is Not for Africans..
We just dey force Ourselve ontop Oyibo Package
Don-Jazzy know wetin dey Sup...
The likes of 9ice WEy wan Bring Grammy where Dem dey now?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
You don't need a Grammy.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by slimmyjimmy(m): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
[size=15pt] Truth be told angry [/size]
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by ZianaJordana(f): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
Yeah, African artists and Afro-Pop is slept on. Even the BET Awards don't allow African singers to collect their awards during the show. But, you know what? You don't need a Grammy, or a VMA, nor a Brit Award. You need to stop giving white approval validity. Getting involved in the Western mainstream entertainment industry will just ruin the creativity of African artists, and they'll probably be picked up by white owned record labels, meaning the money earned by the talented African artists will just be lining the pockets of white people. This happens with African American music artists. <- You don't want that to happen. Don't let it happen.
Re: I Don’t Think I’ll Ever Win A Grammy - Don Jazzy by ZianaJordana(f): 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
nerodenero:
Though Oliver Twist was a mega hit for Dbanj, it didn't give him a Grammy. Produce a song like Oliver Twist or something different or better and you might just be lucky to get it.

With the pace Africans are developing musically, it's just a matter of time before an African wins it. It's doable wink
'Oliver Twist' is better than half of these shitty songs that are nominated for Grammys. 'Oliver Twist' was a hit in the UK, but not so much in the US. UK artists don't really get nominated for Grammys unless they cross over, and become mainstream in America, like Adele and Sam Smith. African artists need to break into the America music charts to get these awards, which could come at the expense of the artists' creativity and the African music industry, so I'm not sure... undecided

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Tyga Lashing Out Angrily At Kylie Jenner Leaks Online / 10 Amazing Animal Pictures Of The Day - PHOTOS / It's A Small World: Patoranking Meet Fat Joe At The Airport In NEW YORK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.