Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola (21696 Views)

Eyewitness Reveals Cause Of Otedola Bridge Explosion: Foolishness Killed Them / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped / Tanker Explosion At Otedola-Ojodu, Berger Lagos: 20 Cars Burnt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2015
tete7000:

My people say 'Oju to ma bani kale, ki t'aro se'pin' - meaning 'An eye that will last one into old age, does not begin to give one problem in one's youth'. Another proverb says 'Bi ale se ma ri, at'aro ni won ti ma n mo' - meaning ' What the night will look like becomes apparent from dawn'. These are words of our elders.
I don't get carried away by hype surrounding this government, not much has changed and people are still doing business as usual, if not even in a worse manner. That's basically the alarm Otedola was raising. That people now have effontery to sell and substitute household kerosene for aviation fuel. The possible reason why the price of kerosene has gone up because it is now competing with aviation fuel. If talks about Buhari's body language is true, no one suppose to dare that. Unfortunately people are getting used to all the corruption threats, they see them as mere threats and continue their business as usual and even doing much worse knowing the President is all about talk, talk and talk.
Bi eniyan ba pe l'ori imi, esin kesin ma ba nibe - whatever worth doing worth doing in time. This government is already losing its time and goodwill. By the time they wake up, I m afraid they will realise not much can be done again. Four months is too long a time not to do something concrete and visible to show serious intent.
......... You said not MUCH has changed right, but atleast we can see some little changes. Well, i do understand your concerns tho, and the only thing i can say at this moment, is for us to be patient. God will make Nigeria great again........ Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Sodiumdawg: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

Smile, simply cos u didnt read the articla u would have found this info there?

Pastor,

That post simply said: "You obviously didn't read the original post. You're arguing? okay. Here's the part of the post that shows you didn't, and had you read it, you wouldn't have posted that shallow pool of sh*t."

And the poster did it so politely!

Bless you Sir.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by PastorOluT(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

Pastor,

That post simply said: "You obviously didn't read the original post. You're arguing? okay. Here's the part of the post that shows you didn't, and had you read it, you wouldn't have posted that shallow pool of sh*t."

And the poster did it so politely!

Bless you Sir.

So much for Airaland kids
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Bondesniger(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
kiyosaki1:

http://leadership.ng/news/458161/kerosene-likely-cause-of-air-crashes-otedola
This Mr Forte is trying to tell Nigerians some little secret about the Lagos crash and Karina crash and how they came to be. Follow UP
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by BurnishFarm: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2015
This is why Kerosene is very expensive more,God please help poor masses in this country.

http://leadership.ng/news/458161/kerosene-likely-cause-of-air-crashes-otedola[/quote]
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Sodiumdawg: 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

So much for Airaland kids
Really?
Are you married with children? Training kids in University?
Are you a Management Staff in your working place?
If, truthfully, the answer is no, you be learner for where I dey.
Pastor.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Ayomild: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
please note, there are three types of kerosene

HHK: household kerosene
ATK: aviation turbine kerosene
DPk: dual purpose kerosene

DPK can be used as both ATK and HHK but has to stored and necessary checks (conductivity, specific gravity, water detection, freezing point, etc) needs to be carried out to ensure its use as ATK, sometimes additive are added.

I stand to be corrected anyway

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by PastorOluT(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
Sodiumdawg:

Really?

Are you married with children? Training kids in University?

Are you a Management Staff in your working place?

If, truthfully, the answer is no, you be learner for where I dey.

Pastor.

Smile, and obviously u write as one.

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by tivta(m): 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
He is saying this because his company is the sole importer of jet A1 fuel, hence he can fix any price he likes, bloody hypocrite...
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by dustydee: 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
agarawu23:
Hen hen

The kerosene sef don cost pass fuel.
Shey kerosene no be fuel? undecided
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by mickey45: 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2015
boujaye:
Buhari, this is corruption to the highest order and must be quickly investigated. Our aviation industry is no longer safe.

Thank you Mr Otedola for blowing the whistle.

Blowing the whistle? You need to dig deeper...
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by mickey45: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
boujaye:
Buhari, this is corruption to the highest order and must be quickly investigated. Our aviation industry is no longer safe.

Thank you Mr Otedola for blowing the whistle.

A man's action has a louder voice than his words
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by mickey45: 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
BishopMagic:
Jet A1 is identical to Kerosine. The only difference is in it's handling and storage.

Jet A1 requires it to be maintained at a particular pressure. This is to ensure that the fuel does not vaporize and explode in the airplane tanks when flying at lower pressure altitudes.

Most local flights within Nigeria including the helicopter crash both in Kaduna and Lagos operate within low altitudes so the issue of vaporization due to lowered pressurization does not occur.
Otedola is mis-yarning nonsense.

This is one of the fuel subsidy crooks who want us to believe that Kerosine is being diverted for aviation purposes when this is not the case!

We have to ask Otedola who supplies JET A1 or rather Kerosine to the aviation sector? All the players are major oil suppliers. So if there is diversion it is coming from them.

Don't mind the guy?
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by boujaye: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
mickey45:

A man's action has a louder voice than his words
i agree with you.

mickey you scarce o
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by guvna(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Extreme dunce
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by agarawu23(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
dustydee:

Shey kerosene no be fuel? undecided
petrol
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by mickey45: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
boujaye:
i agree with you.
mickey you scarce o
Are you sure? Someone here wouldn't agree with you o!
How've you fared yourself?
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Adekagood: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
They should not be stopped(curbed) as opined by Otedola. But should be given necessary guidlines to meet up international standards. My people, Otedola is a Yoruba name. Analytically, 'Ote' means "unwholesome stand, envy, practices, behaviour" and 'Dola' means "to become wealth". Now carry out the Letter Mathematics you will arrive at the opinions and opulence of this man.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by BishopMagic: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2015
And the useless malctunji hid this post in travel?
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Stewee(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Omotayor123:
Na wah ooo.... why swap aviation oil with kerosene

Aviation is otherwise known as kerosene, just that Jet A1 has some more additives to dissipate static electric, gumming etc.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by 400billionman: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
The pump price of kerosene in most stations is N155. I wonder why govt cannot control the price of kerosene just like fuel.

That is what the average Nigerian low income earner uses for cooking. .
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Stewee(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
tivta:
He is saying this because his company is the sole importer of jet A1 fuel, hence he can fix any price he likes, bloody hypocrite...

You have a point.
But he's also tryna make one... I know some airlines that don't refuel in Nig. They go to Ghana instead.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Omotayor123(f): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
Stewee:

Aviation is otherwise known as kerosene, just that Jet A1 has some more additives to dissipate static electric, gumming etc.
Oh... Tnx for that!
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Omotayor123(f): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nicepoker:
don't u know kerosene is used in jet engines.
I don't know.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by billyG(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
BishopMagic:

where has he changed?

The man is lying to you that the shortfall of kerosine against that which they collected subsidy payments for is as a result of it being diverted for aviation use when this is not the case.

Nigerians are by far the biggest gullible fools walking on two feets.

The fact remains that Otedola and co collected money as subsidy payments to supply certain amounts of kerosine which they never did.

Otedola is coming out to tell you gullible fools that the reason there is kerosine scarcity is as a result of diversion for aviation purpose.

This is a very big lie! Every consignment of JET A1 fuel supplied for avaition use is duly guarranteed by the oil company as safe for aviation use.

There is no way any oil company will supply kerosine in place of JET A1!

Otedola remains a liar and thief!
Yu must be among 1 of d gullible fool too,aviation fuel are adulterated no doubt,i was going 2 d filling station yesterday 2 buy petrol,a roadside woman is calling me 2 come & buy petrol @ #90 while station sells @ 120 wher did she get her supply frm?if it is not adulterated with condensate?
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by favourlove1: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Nigerians and cutting corners plus *i don't care attitude* wount take us any where let's learn to do the right thing regardless of the cost.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by BishopMagic: 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
billyG:

Yu must be among 1 of d gullible fool too,aviation fuel are adulterated no doubt,i was going 2 d filling station yesterday 2 buy petrol,a roadside woman is calling me 2 come & buy petrol @ #90 while station sells @ 120 wher did she get her supply frm?if it is not adulterated with condensate?

You foolish goat. You think aviation is like your ibadan motor park.
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by badmantin(m): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
NOISE OF CHANGE
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by malikisah: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Scary
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2015
is he really sure of what he is saying?
Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by soos: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2015
[s][/s]
omowolewa:
Aviation control agencies should watch out
omowolewa:
omowolewa:

I jos dey laugh ni

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola by billyG(m): 11:08am On Sep 25, 2015
BishopMagic:

You foolish goat. You think aviation is like your ibadan motor park.
Who iz this Shiit eating Baboon??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Die As Car Plunges Into Omo River On Sagamu-benin Expressway / Osun Man Slumps While Driving, Dies In Accident / Intending UK Social Workers Get In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.