Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. (1375 Views)

Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos / 15-Year-Old Boy Who Had Sex With A Goat In Niger State Arrested / Youths Cut Off Manhood Of A Rapist In Niger State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 8:54am On Sep 03, 2015
The police in neighbouring Niger Republic have arrested a Nigerian carrying 4.6m Euros (N1.05bn) in cash. The man was arrested at the Diori Hamani Airport in Niamey, the capital of Niger, en route Dubai in the United Arab Emirate.
The Nigerien police said they suspected that the man was fleeing with the money in order to avoid being caught by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, who has been prosecuting an anti-corruption campaign since assumption of office on May 29.
They also expressed worry that there had been an upsurge in the number of Nigerians trafficking huge sums of money in cash through the neighbouring country.
The police in Niger are already working on the suspicion that the money traffickers have accomplices in the country.
The arrest of the Nigerian has been a big news item in the Nigerien newspapers and television stations.
Curiously the authorities here on Wednesday claimed ignorance of the money seizure in the neighbouring country though the Customs officers in Niger were already kicking against repatriating the cash to Nigeria.
A media report in Niger on Saturday said the National Union of Customs Officers at a press briefing “denounced the request of the Nigerian authorities” to return the seized money.
The Customs official said there had been several similar seizures in Niamey from people trafficking money from Nigeria, putting the amount that had been so seized in several billions of naira.
They said the seized money had been mainly in dollars, euros and pounds sterling, asking the Niger authorities to allow the Customs officials to do their job without interference.
When contacted, the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said he could not speak on the development because his brief was to speak for the President.

SOURCE
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-arrested-with-n1bn-cash-in-niger-%e2%80%a2-nigerien-customs-reject-nigerias-request-for-seized-cash/
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by RemyMartins(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2015
Thought the kwaruption was only in the south.

goodnews fellas a Northerner has been caught

1 Like

Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2015
That man need a federal government award for having such mind..

1 Like

Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by Mutuwa(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2015
them get money no doubt.this one na small self.thing is begging is a "curse"

i recall an incident in Abuja some few years back when in a traffic jam a "supposed" crippled woman being towed in a wheelbarrow was dashed a thick amount of money by an affectionate man before the green light flashed.her assistant pushing her always collected the sum to keep for her,when he held on to the thick sum of cash,and knew that this harvest was never before seen by either of them,he took off.it was then that all and sundry within the vicinity of the area knew that the woman had wonderful set of legs and was energetic from the way she sprung out of the wheelbarrow and chased after her assistant.it was quiet a terrible and funny scene,but they were soon arrested.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by hola106(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2015
Okay oooo but make dem collect d money frm dem..
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by Starships4u(m): 9:03am On Sep 03, 2015
What's up with NIGERIA and trafficking?? If its not money, its drug, or its child trafficking or prostitute trafficking..... What WAY NIGERIA......
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 9:03am On Sep 03, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
That man need a federal government award for having such mind..
lol no be small thing o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by madridguy(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2015
I just hope the real owner of the fund is Unveil.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 9:07am On Sep 03, 2015
Mutuwa:
them get money no doubt.this one na small self.thing is begging is a "curse"
i believe say na one Politica elite send am that laundering message.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by Proffdada: 9:16am On Sep 03, 2015
that's the real purpose of jonadunce for that institution, money laundering undecided
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
RemyMartins:
Thought the kwaruption was only in the south.

goodnews fellas a Northerner has been caught

You are a real dunce, a bigoted fool lacking in basic comprehension, rushing to mock others when you are in fact the one who should be mocked.

OLodo, go and read the story again, then come back and explain how you arrived at the conclusion that the culprit was a northerner; where in the entire article was the identity of the person revealed?
That criminal could have come from any part of the country, for all its worth, he may even not be a Nigerian - foolish hateful idiot!, this is how many of you fail JAMB and blame it on witches and wizards angry
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by RemyMartins(m): 10:44am On Sep 04, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

You are a real dunce, a bigoted fool lacking in basic comprehension, rushing to mock others when you are in fact the one who should be mocked.

OLodo, go and read the story again, then come back and explain how you arrived at the conclusion that the culprit was a northerner; where in the entire article was the identity of the person revealed?
That criminal could have come from any part of the country, for all its worth, he may even not be a Nigerian - foolish hateful idiot!, this is how many of you fail JAMB and blame it on witches and wizards angry

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha well aboki. I aint gon say much. for ur info I got 2 federal university admissions immediately after my ist and only UME exam not JAMB as u call it. Rounding up my 2nd msc. soon. U fam I wont be tempted to call a FOOLISH HATEFUL IDIOT.

1 Like

Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

I dont blame you; you think everyone is an opportuned alamajiri like you.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
despite the tension created by the nifty ieditor of this report in an attempt to mistify the pepetrator of this crime, we all know for sure that an alamajiri was the vilian.

Dont be decieved by the media, the money in question will never reach Nigeria and the next time you will hear about this money again (if you ever do) it will be a scandal.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by bugzbunny: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
He went to buy arms for his boko brothers...
But they go catch am cos Jonathan don comot..
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:08am On Sep 07, 2015
RemyMartins:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha well aboki. I aint gon say much. for ur info I got 2 federal university admissions immediately after my ist and only UME exam not JAMB as u call it. Rounding up my 2nd msc. soon. U fam I wont be tempted to call a FOOLISH HATEFUL IDIOT.

Not impressed by your alleged paper qualification which clearly belies the poor level of deduction exhibited in your initial post - in other words, it might be apt to regards you as an EDUCATED ILLITERATE.

muzzafar:

I dont blame you; you think everyone is an opportuned alamajiri like you.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
despite the tension created by the nifty ieditor of this report in an attempt to mistify the pepetrator of this crime, we all know for sure that an alamajiri was the vilian.
Dont be decieved by the media, the money in question will never reach Nigeria and the next time you will hear about this money again (if you ever do) it will be a scandal.

Oh my God, not again, yet another dunce!
I imagined in your stupidity you thought you were really making sense; pls go back and revise that gibberish you wrote before you can expect any further response from me.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Not impressed by your alleged paper qualification which clearly belies the poor level of deduction exhibited in your initial post - in other words, it might be apt to regards you as an EDUCATED ILLITERATE.

Oh my God, not again, yet another dunce!
I imagined in your stupidity you thought you were really making sense; pls go back and revise that gibberish you wrote before you can expect any further response from me.

who even wants your stupid response?

Please go and thank GEJ for helping an alamajiri aquire basic education or should i thank him for you?
Akwuya like you.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
People like you often wonder why they are called educated illiterates.

Like your hero, Jonathan, PhD without intelligence; you may have gone to school but apparently that venture was an exercise in futility; since it made no impact upon your obviously abysmal intellect.

If you weren't so ignorant, you would have known that Almajiri is simply a Hausa word for a scholar/student/pupil and not in any way derogatory; a badge I would gladly wear with honour.

If you thought you had therefore insulted me by referring to me as an Almajiri; then of course you have failed miserably and only exposed yourself as the ignorant dullard that you are.

BTW, feel free to call me an Almajiri for as many times as you like; it shall always be an honour.

1 Like

Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by muzzafar(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

feel free to call me an Almajiri for as many times as you like; it shall always be an honour.
Listen to me aboki alamajiri!

You can be an alamajir,aboki quari quater or whatever you chose to become. I dont care as long as you dont bring in your damnable alamajiri attitude here in your pathetic failed attempt to deceive people you can do it in your alamajiri newspaper but when we come to nairaland we say the truth exactly as it is i hope you can read me or do you need me to write it in arabic?.
Re: Alamajiri Arrested In Niger With N1.05bn In Cash. by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
There you go again: not only had your supposed education not impacted upon your intellect; it also had not relieved you of that village mentality (a.k.a. Bush Boy).

If not for that, how in hell can you imagine you could dictate to me what or what not to say in a faceless forum like Nairaland, where everyone is at liberty to freely express himself - what stupidity.

What is more damnable is the unintelligent drivel you wrote - yeah, go ahead; type some more and expose your idiotic self.

(1) (Reply)

Busted On Instagram!!! Notorious Housemaid Thief Nabbed With N6million [PICS] / Police Kill Protesting Youths In Kogi (graphic Photos) / Mother Slaughters Son To Appease Devil Worshipers In Kenya (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.