Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking (23243 Views)

Femi Kuti, Kate Henshaw, Funke Akindele, Others Party With Tunde&Wunmi Obe / My Backside Used To Embarrass Me—yoruba Actress, Wunmi Toriola (pitures) / Wunmi Obe Reacts To Stella Damasus's New Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by goodguy(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2006
A popular Yoruba movie actress, Hassanat Akinwande Taiwo, popularly known as Yetunde Wunmi, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for cocaine trafficking. Yetunde Wunmi, P.M. News gathered, was arrested last Saturday night on her way to London. Investigations revealed that she was about to board a Virgin Atlantic plane at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, Lagos, when eagle-eyed NDLEA officials caught her.

She was said to have been injected to excrete the cocaine she swallowed. As at the time of filing this report, the actress had excreted 92 wraps of cocaine (condom-size) and was still excreting more. A top NDLEA official described her action as unprecedented. “Can you believe it, she has excreted 92 wraps of cocaine and she is yet to finish. This is unprecedented. This will tell you the quantity of the drug she swallowed,” he revealed.

The source disclosed further that the agency cannot determine the weight or quantity of the drug she ingested yet until she finishes excreting the drugs. “We are waiting for her to finish her shit before we start interrogation,” he added. P.M.News gathered further that the light-complexion woman would be taken to the Shaw Road, Ikoyi office of NDLEA after excreting the substances to undergo interrogation. According to the source, she would be expected to disclose the baron who sent her, her destination and whether she had been involved before. Sources said she was taken to her house at Mudashiru Awe Street,Yaba, in handcuffs yesterday during which her house was searched.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=10517

Hassanat Akinwande Taiwo (a.k.a. Wunmi Yetunde)
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by goodguy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2006
For the four days she has been in the net of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), she has continued to excrete wraps of a substance suspected to be cocaine.

As at Tuesday evening, the woman, who was arrested on Saturday at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, on her way to England, had excreted 92 wraps of the substance and continues to excrete more.

According to security sources, the lady was still being held at the NDLEA office located within the terminal building where she was being given injection to aid the excretion of the drugs.

She was to board Virgin Atlantic Airways’ morning flight to London on Saturday and was randomly picked by NDLEA officials shortly after passing through the FAAN security screening point.

The actress, who wore white jeans and a white shirt, was thereafter taken to the NDLEA office where her body X-ray was taken, the process which revealed the hidden drugs.

She was said to be travelling with a few copies of her latest home video tapes entitled “Orun re”. The source also disclosed that NDLEA officials were still investigating the source of the drug and the barons behind its aborted exportation.

Meanwhile, the detained actress has been suspended indefinitely by the Association of Nigeria Theatre Practitioners (ANTP). An official statement signed by ANTP’s publicity secretary, Mr. Gbenga Debayo, on behalf of the association, condemned the act.

“The association is embarrassed, we expect artistes to be above board. Though we are not constituting ourselves a judge over this matter, for the fact that she can conduct herself in a manner that will make her a suspect in a crime like drug trafficking which we always preach against and to the best of her knowledge, is what ANTP will never associate itself with.

“She’s, therefore, placed on indefinite suspension and the association will not hesitate to take more drastic measures if she’s eventually found guilty, ” the statement read.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/27092006/news/news5.html
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2006
Nutting New Shyts hAPPENS! dang ow many wraps u call it -that would ave fetched me so much money! Abeg make 'em release am Joo Who among 'em no dey carry DRUGS na new THING?

but d woman carry am oooooooo 92 DANG- i no blame am -she wanted to replace d money she exhausted during her EXTRAVAGANT party in LONDON!
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by Scorpio(f): 1:53am On Oct 04, 2006
Hmmm!
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by abbey02(f): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2006
almost everyone of them are drug delars.but i wonder why she also take part of it.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by lionheart(m): 6:05am On Oct 20, 2006
No comment !!! lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by ikamefa(f): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2006
awwwwwwwwwww

na persin wey them catch be the ogbonge barawo, all na thief
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by CrazyMan(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2006
Good for her
I pray God would continue to expose everyone of them
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by goodguy(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2006
I read on paper that she's to be tried today.  I wish her the best!
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by kitaun(m): 3:21am On Nov 23, 2006
And she wept so openly in the court, the disgrace was to much cos as tried to cover her face, photojournalists protested that the security agents should uncover her face so the veil was using was set aside so they could take her pix
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by goodguy(m): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2006
She pleaded "Not guilty". shocked
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by kitaun(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2006
And she said it in Yoruba grin grin

Mi o gbo oyinbo o, Mi o jebi o! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2006
Lol KIt Y did u av 2 rit it in YOURUBA?

@ C-KID Expose 4 wetin? na New tin?
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by kitaun(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2006
@Jaybaby

That was exactly what she said in court when the charges were read to her "Mi o Jebi o" grin meaning she is not guilty, abi is she guilty? lol undecided
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by CrazyMan(m): 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2006
jaybaby:

@ C-KID Expose 4 wetin? na New tin?
I know it isn't new.
just that a kinda suprised a movie star for that matter
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by choco4life(m): 3:09am On Nov 25, 2006
why the cry?
if she was driving a hummer with the proceeds will she cry?
am very sure not.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by edmondo(m): 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2006
na all of dem (actors) b theft bt na person wey dem catch b barawo!
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by ikamefa(f): 10:38pm On Nov 25, 2006
edmondo:

na all of them (actors) b theft bt na person wey them catch b barawo!
my sentiments exactly
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2006
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by chistiana(f): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2006
I always keep wondering if they are not satisfied with the money they are making, thats a big shame, she deserve it any way.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by dolliepie(f): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2006
yoruba artists donot make that much,i mean compared 2 what english artists make per scene,peanuts.

as 4 d wunmi saga,well shyt happens all d time,hmmmmmmmmm a disgrace all d same.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by chistiana(f): 2:39pm On Nov 27, 2006
but all the same no matter how token the money may be, she got to be satisfied with it, just take a look at the danger ahead of her.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2006
What Danger if i may Ask? who dsnt have Shytes comin ahead
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by Pamperme: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2006
i actually pity her. She has been in the industry for so long, she got the Wunmi name from her role in FEYIKOGBON (a yoruba play aired in the late 80's and early 90's) and this just ended her career. Heard Ogogo did the same but they said one of the wraps busted in him (reason for his strange illness), the guy almost die. I really pity this woman sha!,  sad  sad
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by chistiana(f): 8:55am On Dec 02, 2006
The most thing that baffles me about her is that, she just mark my name in disgrace.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2006
92, that's alot. she could have died.

How weird, I've always wondered how officals could tell when it's injected. Usually the only thing the person needs to worry about is the packages opening up in their system.
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 8:14pm On Dec 03, 2006
Omg i wish i had dos in me---i would b swimming in money grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by kitaun(m): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2006
Ole!!! barawo!
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2006
Same 2 u angry angry angry angry angry tongue
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by kitaun(m): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2006
hmmn!!! cool cool lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking by jaybaby(f): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2006
Please I need to submit dis on SATURDAY ---I’v searched cant seem 2 find answers

Techniques in design & dying ---plz frnds help me out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moesha Boduong: Sleeping With Different Men Will Never Make You Rich / Waje's Fresh Faced Make Up Free Photo / Caroline Danjuma To Help The Conjoined Twins Born In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.