Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Nigerian Facebook User Shares Incredible Lessons Learnt From A N500 Note - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Facebook User Shares Incredible Lessons Learnt From A N500 Note (649 Views)

"Woman Gives Birth To A Lizard In Omoku Market" - Facebook User Shares Photos / Small Boy Killed A Big Python With Cutlass In Anambra - Facebook User (Photos) / Facebook User Shares Photos Of His Loved Ones, Friends Who Died This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Facebook User Shares Incredible Lessons Learnt From A N500 Note by kisenge: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2015
A Nigerian Facebook user named Uvie Urakpor wrote a wonderful piece on things he learnt from a simple N5oo note used by a motivational speaker to give a talk. This is truly inspiring and thought-provoking:

1. It happened some time ago but . I was in an audience listening to a motivational speaker. The speaker got out his wallet & pulled out a 500 Naira note. Holding it up, he asked, “Who wants this 500 naira note?”
Lots of hands went up. Including mine. A slow chorus began to build as people began to shout “Me!” “Me!” I began to wonder who the lucky one would be who the speaker would choose. And I also secretly wondered (and I am sure others did too ) why he would simply give away 500 naira.

Even as the shouts of “I want it” grew louder, I noticed a young woman running down the aisle. She ran up onto the stage, went up to the speaker, and grabbed the five 500 naira note from his hand. “Well done, young lady,” said the speaker into the microphone.

The speaker simply say “Most of us just sit and wait for good things to happen. That’s of no use. You’ve got to make things happen. Make a move” ‘Simply thinking about doing something is of no use and not gud enough’. Our lives are like that.

Read on: http://newspepa.com/nigerian-facebook-user-shares-incredible-lessons-learnt-from-a-n500-note-34453

Re: Nigerian Facebook User Shares Incredible Lessons Learnt From A N500 Note by delishpot: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2015
That is to say Grab what ever you see if you want it

(1) (Reply)

Personal Safety Tips For Public Transportation / Hot! Lovely Throwback Pictures Of Sani Abacha And Wife As A Young Couple / Ladies : See The Things Your V.agina Desperately Wants You To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.