Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. (29012 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / Honda Cars - Why Do They Get Such A Bad Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by sandracoopert(f): 6:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Anyone noticed that honda cars have that problem? whereby either of the two front tyres caves in while making a turn?

Anyone?

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by abatically(m): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
sandracoopert:
Anyone noticed that honda cars have that problem? whereby either of the two front tyres caves in while making a turn?

Anyone?

U mean Honda front wheel problem? Mostly caused by negligence and substandard CV joints. I always have one advice for Honda owners, never buy a fake or substandard CV joints. U can buy substandard every other part but when it comes to the entire drive shaft, never joke with it. I changed my CV joints in may 2014 and up till today I'm still driving it without problems. Just last week I put another 1,700km on the car, traveled from Lagos to owerri, spent a few days, car still going strong. If u can't get OEM CV joints and have to settle for aftermarket, then endeavor to change them at least be very 5-6 months. Also this thing gives signs before it pulls off, most people just ignore the sign and keep droving until it pulls off.

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by samally: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
abatically:

U mean Honda front wheel problem? Mostly caused by negligence and substandard CV joints. I always have one advice for Honda owners, never buy a fake or substandard CV joints. U can buy substandard every other part but when it comes to the entire drive shaft, never joke with it. I changed my CV joints in may 2014 and up till today I'm still driving it without problems. Just last week I put another 1,700km on the car, traveled from Lagos to owerri, spent a few days, car still going strong. If u can't get OEM CV joints and have to settle for aftermarket, then endeavor to change them at least be very 5-6 months. Also this thing gives signs before it pulls off, most people just ignore the sign and keep droving until it pulls off.

How do I get OEM Honda CV joint,shaft and inner cup bearings as the Mr Kazeem always stated

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by nkechi042(f): 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
which year of honda accord are we talking about here?

or is it all of them

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Abee79(m): 3:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Honda? Never again!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Lexusgs430: 4:37am On Apr 15, 2016
Abee79:
Honda? Never again!!!!!!
Honda, Hmmmmmm Love them!!!!!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by wilybebsy(m): 6:39am On Apr 15, 2016
I no even no wetin den dey talk

7 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Vicben(m): 6:41am On Apr 15, 2016
I Fear Honda cars for that.

10 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by PassingShot(m): 6:43am On Apr 15, 2016
Abee79:
Honda? Never again!!!!!!
But the brand is about the best for common man when it comes to drive quality.

12 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by mastercee(m): 6:44am On Apr 15, 2016
After this current one I'm using, I'll never try Honda again in my life.

For those saying, it gives sign before the CV joint pulls off, that's a lie. It happened to me just last week without any formal warning, thank God it was around my house.

Porting to Toyota soonest

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by kakaimam: 6:45am On Apr 15, 2016
The design of the front wheel suspension of Honda saloon cars are delicate compared similar cars of other makes. Honda cars come with upper arm and likely the precursor of early failure of shafts and joints.

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by wilcox(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2016
Absolutely it is carelessness and rough driving that results in sudden break down of vehicle mostly

6 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by neolboy(m): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2016
u are rite bro, I also noticed it
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Ikenna73(m): 6:48am On Apr 15, 2016
PLS WHAT'S THE TOPIC AGAIN.?

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Kreamie(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2016
I've counted over 20 Honda cars that have that same problem..I think it's a factory thing...Whether you change your front wheel shaft everyday or not, it's bound to happen

14 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by calabaman(m): 6:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Is this peculiar to All Honda cars?

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by chidike(m): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2016
calabaman:
Is this peculiar to All Honda cars?
Mostly 2003-2006. Honda fixed the problem from 2006 upwards.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by ogaontop(m): 6:55am On Apr 15, 2016
What Is Honda

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Abbey2sam(m): 6:58am On Apr 15, 2016
I'm coming back to comment
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by doskie(m): 6:59am On Apr 15, 2016
sandracoopert:

Anyone?
of course. everyone. the problem is Honda makes finer cars than Toyota. else that tyre problem would have closed honda by now. just compare crosstour and venza for example. but Toyota is stronger.

5 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by thunder74(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2016
What about their SUVs?
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by abdulwizzy(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2016
OK..

You guys should go for Benz.

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by buchilino(m): 7:03am On Apr 15, 2016
chidike:
I AGREE, I NOTICED DAT HONDA DC DON'T HAVE DAT ISSUE

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by solara: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
chidike:

Don't say what U don't know...

11 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by chidike(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
solara:

Don't say what U don't know...
Just my observation, I've never seen a DC with the issue...it's usually EOD

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by buchilino(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
abdulwizzy:
OK..

You guys should go for Benz.
MEN BENZ IS IT. BUT I HEARD D ML 350 R VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Lexusgs430: 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
Kreamie:
I've counted over 20 Honda cars that have that same problem..I think it's a factory thing...Whether you change your front wheel shaft everyday or not, it's bound to happen

Not bound to happen. I have driven varying models and have never had a k leg wheel before.
Its driver/owner attitude and maintenance culture, that is key!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by chuchuo: 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
samally:

How do I get OEM Honda CV joint,shaft and inner cup bearings as the Mr Kazeem always stated

Go to Aspamda Trade Fair. Ask for Uche Honda for original Honda parts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2016
abatically:

what exactly are the signs?
thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by luvinhubby(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2016
That is purely an issue caused by substandard suspension parts, especially the ball joints.

You can never hear of this in any overseas Honda forum, it is peculiar to Nigeria only and reason being that a lot poorly cloned China ball joints, C.V. joints & tie rod ends abound in our Honda market & most times mechanics tend to choose the cheaper parts and end fixing China cloned parts for car owners.

Remedy- If you can afford to source OEM ball joints from U.S, though expensive, they can last for up to 4yrs, if not, go trusted brands from Thailand, Taiwanor South Korea, like Yamasida, Sloop or GSP. Likewise for other suspension parts.
And do not always allow mechanics, especially greedy ones buy parts for you.
At least once a year, do an overhaul of your suspension system.

Honda cars are great rides, trust me.

11 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2016
That shit is why I can't buy Honda despite how cute they look. #TeamToyota wink

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Frankiss44(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2016
It only happens to people with poor maintenance culture. How can something be giving u signs for weeks and in some cases months and you decide to ignore it only to start screaming when it eventually caves in?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are These The Worst Paint Jobs Ever Done On Cars? / Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / How To Sit In A Car Without Back Pain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.