Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. (29048 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Photos Of Cars And Jets With Matching Colors: They Are Just Too Cute / Honda Cars - Why Do They Get Such A Bad Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by solara: 7:10am On Apr 15, 2016
chidike:

Just my observation, I've never seen a DC with the issue...it's usually EOD

It has happened to me 1nce... should have happened more than 1nce but I run off to my mech when it gives me signs...

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by digitsolution: 7:14am On Apr 15, 2016
solara:

It has happened to me 1nce... should have happened more than 1nce but I run off to my mech when it gives me signs...

What are the signs?
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by funkyfella: 7:19am On Apr 15, 2016
digitsolution:

What are the signs?
Clicking sounds when making a full turn.

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by thunder74(m): 7:20am On Apr 15, 2016
AdeniyiA:

what exactly are the signs?
thanks
You hear "ke ke ke ke ke" when turning.

7 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by itiswell1(m): 7:21am On Apr 15, 2016
I have never used any other car apart from Honda and i never experience that and I'm on my 3rd one. I will continue to be careful and pay attention to signs/sounds and i pray i will never experience such things

4 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by nepapole(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Mostly ACCORD

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by itiswell1(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
I remember i use to hear that sound when i was using my Honda Baby boy. I would immediately run to my mechanic.
thunder74:

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Kreamie(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
True...maintenance culture
Lexusgs430:

Not bound to happen. I have driven varying models and have never had a k leg wheel before.
Its driver/owner attitude and maintenance culture, that is key!!!!
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by auggi: 7:30am On Apr 15, 2016
chidike:

Mostly 2003-2006. Honda fixed the problem from 2006 upwards.

that is not true...i have seen a honda crosstour with that same issue. So i have concluded that till it happens to a honda......u never know
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 15, 2016
abatically:

U mean Honda front wheel problem? Mostly caused by negligence and substandard CV joints. I always have one advice for Honda owners, never buy a fake or substandard CV joints. U can buy substandard every other part but when it comes to the entire drive shaft, never joke with it. I changed my CV joints in may 2014 and up till today I'm still driving it without problems. Just last week I put another 1,700km on the car, traveled from Lagos to owerri, spent a few days, car still going strong. If u can't get OEM CV joints and have to settle for aftermarket, then endeavor to change them at least be very 5-6 months. Also this thing gives signs before it pulls off, most people just ignore the sign and keep droving until it pulls off.

Your advice is not complete without adding the signs to know the CV joint will pull out. Please, what are the signs
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2016
thunder74:

That's the sound the car makes when the shaft is faulty...

what are the warning signs to look out for when the tie-rods / upper & lower arms are faulty??

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2016
mastercee:
After this current one I'm using, I'll never try Honda again in my life.

For those saying, it gives sign before the CV joint pulls off, that's a lie. It happened to me just last week without any formal warning, thank God it was around my house.

Porting to Toyota soonest

Lol! No be only formal warning... na official letter!

But on a serious note it's more common with Honda cars before 2008. Haven't seen any 2008 & above with such issues (I may be wrong oh)
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by iokpebholo: 7:41am On Apr 15, 2016
chidike:

Just my observation, I've never seen a DC with the issue...it's usually EOD
bros calm down Honda accord baby boy 1998-2002 na him dey pull out pass
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2016
auggi:

that is not true...i have seen a honda crosstour with that same issue. So i have concluded that till it happens to a honda......u never know

I've seen two Toyota Sequoia SUVs with similar breakdowns. Or is it Camry pencil light? I think it has to do with maintenance and rough handling. Some people are not patient enough to climb speed bumps slowly or enter potholes gently. The end result is the stress to the joints and eventual give away

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by gretblue: 7:46am On Apr 15, 2016
This I think its just the antecedent of Honda cars.its known for this.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by billyG(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Those Honda cars are not design 4 9jerian Road in mind.

3 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by abdulwizzy(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2016
buchilino:

MEN BENZ IS IT. BUT I HEARD D ML 350 R VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN

Yea true Benz are very expensive to mentain but are very strong.

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by akanniade10(m): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2016
buchilino:

I AGREE, I NOTICED DAT HONDA DC DON'T HAVE DAT ISSUE

Indeed! I can't count the number of DC's av seen that's got a pull out on the road. And to that guy that said it started from 03 (EOD). So he means he never see Honda Halla or Baby boy wey get pull out. He must be joking. The only accord that I haven't seen with a Pull Out is this latest one. I once saw Evil Spirit with a pull out (once though).

And thanks to Toyota 4Runner, dat one na pure water for Pull Out. Seen a few Acura too sha.

The only one that Stunned me was when I saw a Camry pencil light with a pull out, I was cursing the driver inside of me. Why would he allow that happen? WHY!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by delishpot: 7:55am On Apr 15, 2016
solara:

Don't say what U don't know...

Then why not educate this humble house about what you think he doesn't know?
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by akanniade10(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Not bound to happen. I have driven varying models and have never had a k leg wheel before.
Its driver/owner attitude and maintenance culture, that is key!!!!

Don't worry, one day one day noni grin well except maybe u get the latest accord '13 model upwards. If u still using DC downwards, well the rest is history!
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by captainking(m): 7:58am On Apr 15, 2016
chuchuo:

Go to Aspamda Trade Fair. Ask for Uche Honda for original Honda parts.
you need to give him a he zone... And shop number of this Uche Honda... There are many Honda parts sellers that sell genuine products at autoparts
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by lonelydora: 8:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Negligence by the owner. For five years it has never happened to me. It must give a sign before it pulls off.

The pull off happens in Toyota 4runner, Volkswagen models, and some Mercedes models.

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by spawnx: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Actually there is a sign. The vehicle tends to drift to the side the joint is weak. It might be mistaken for alignment, but if after checking your alignment and it persist. Dash to the nearest mechanic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by akanniade10(m): 8:01am On Apr 15, 2016
funkyfella:
Clicking sounds when making a full turn.

This is what some of you don't get, it's not only when turning.... These things pull out on linear motion too. So it's not only about hearing "ke ke ke" sound when turning

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by lonelydora: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2016
mastercee:

For those saying, it gives sign before the CV joint pulls off, that's a lie. It happened to me just last week without any formal warning, thank God it was around my house.

You can lie. It must give you sign, except you don't understand the sign.

Port to Toyota and start dealing with Shock Absorber. Come back and thank me later.

7 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by freetowns: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2016
lonelydora:
Negligence by the owner. For five years it has never happened to me. It must give a sign before it pulls off.
U guys are talking signs signs signs. What are d freaking signs? That sound when u are turning is one. But I believe there are other signs

1 Like

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by lonelydora: 8:06am On Apr 15, 2016
thunder74:

Not that sound. That's shaft. You hear a squealing sound.

2 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by Lexusgs430: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2016
akanniade10:

Don't worry, one day one day noni grin well except maybe u get the latest accord '13 model upwards. If u still using DC downwards, well the rest is history!

I have driven from Accords, Civics, Legends and Preludes. Never experienced K Leg before. It's strictly down to maintainance culture and replacing worn part with all but chinko or Aba!!!! When you hear a weird noise, always investigate.

4 Likes

Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by macminista(m): 8:08am On Apr 15, 2016
Simple....bad Nigerian roads!!
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by lindiwey: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2016
JideTheBlogger:
That shit is why I can't buy Honda despite how cute they look. #TeamToyota wink

I agree with you..anytime I see a car broken down on the road with the front tire looking twisted it's always a Honda car..i love my toyota pencil light even if it's pure water car grin grin
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by adonis110: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2016
Kreamie:
I've counted over 20 Honda cars that have that same problem..I think it's a factory thing...Whether you change your front wheel shaft everyday or not, it's bound to happen

very true. It's actually a general problem with Honda vehicles. It is a factory thing that they are yet to find a lasting solution to. I am a Toyota fan any day though.
Re: What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. by cocoflakes: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2016
You are a Liar...before the ball joints cave in, A Honda car must have been giving you signs for at least two weeks..you probably just ignored or too dumb to notice...I have been using an EOD for 2 years now and I have never had my tyres cave in....When I get the warning (little noises from the tyres when making turns), I change my ball joints immediately.....

mastercee:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / Misuse Of Power By Some Vehicle Insurance Officers. / How To Sit In A Car Without Back Pain (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.