Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) (3200 Views)

Police Demolish Three Shrines In Lagos, Rescue Couple (pic) / Lagos Police Demolish Criminal Hideouts In Ishawo Creeks,arrest 3 Kidnappers(pix / Police Demolish Criminal Hideouts In Ishawo Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by rhoseti1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
am really finding this hard to believe, I was one of the many people that was privileged to witness this obnoxious act. I am really confused about who I am supposed to blame,its really hard to imagine how people spend their life savings trying to build themselves an apartment so as to be free from the pains that comes with renting an apartment only for our so called government to come and claim ownership of this properties.its absurd! This is the situation currently at ilepa,pakoto and onihale(ifo local govt); as I am typing this, people's home are being demolished at the above locations, this people have been living here for a very long time, how come government never claimed ownership of this properties before now. This is so absurd,I think the government should set up an organization that helps people confirm the plot they are about to purchase is illegitimate. I couldn't watch this horrible showdown,some families didn't even get the chance to move their valuables out of this buildings before it was demolished. The last time I checked,we run a democratic nation which I believe is supposed to be the government for the people and not the other way round.Is this the CHANGE we voted? rendering your own people homeless...That's so heartless. If only there was something I could do to help this victims, please know that the entire ifo local govt is thinking about you,and there is boundless love and prayer being offered to your families.....rhoseti loves you and prays you get over this asap.

Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by nikkiking(m): 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Too bad embarassed.

As far as there's life, there's hope.
Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by Exponental(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2015
SIA is doing sia for people.
Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by june20(m): 9:46am On Sep 04, 2015
Firstly am not in support of this demolition and am not happy about it, but when u come to think of it op, u have jump into conclusion. Let me make it clear to u the land is owned by d lagos University teaching hospital, and it was acquired from the baale of this communities in 1978 about 2000 acres of land, in 2010 a memorandum was sign with d government and the community which 750 arces of land was given back to d community, I think when they're selling they sold beyond where the land was allocated to them. This land we are talking about is all fence round by d government which it's easy for anyone to ask question that why is this large portion fenced and make good inquiry before tendering your hard earn money, I remember in 2011 when I was offer a full plot for 100k, glory be to God I didn't go for it, secondly u said government should create a department to check for illegitimate land, there is, we have the town planning and surveyor office and in 2014 or so when SIA told all ogun resident to apply for cfo, they refuse to issue one for this affected land, u won't believe in 2013 when they came Dec 31 after demolishing some houses, I heard where the house are demolished d Omo onile are selling it again, and after d government have issue different notice to vacate the place some people are still buying blocks and fixing alot of things in their various houses. Op the government are not to be blame on this, I think all the omoonile involve should be arrested. Because this is like fraud, but I think in court they will ask the buyer if he or she check the town planning office to be sure of the land.

In short may God cover all their losses and may God provide while they rebuild another house.
Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by deywarley(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2015
I am at the demolition site as i'm typing now. It's really a terrible site, definitely not for the faint hearted. Seeing houses built with hard earned money of the economically disadvantaged being demolished is really a gory sight. I heard about 3 people have died already as a result of the shock probably due to the fact that they have nowhere else to go. The federal govt should really intervene to avert a colossal human right disaster.

Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by lawyer(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
A search would have taken care of all of this. I have done numerous searches in this area so i know this area is a committed and bad land. I know 2 people that have been affected with this demolition because of their stubbornness to conduct a search. One specifically told me because of all the houses in that area, the Government would not want to demolish them and Big people have built houses in that area. I told him not to mind what people have built and he does not know the wahala those people are facing privately that they won't tell him. He later bought the land due to the advise of the Agent and Baale who abused me thoroughly for trying to spoil business. Now a property worth more than N20Million is gone all because he didn't want to pay for a search that would have discovered this problem. Its just sad our people like the worst to happen until they realize they have no remedy.

I warn people not to play with Lands in Lagos or Ogun before they buy and some would say i am trying to create fear or panic. I hope those that falsely advise people not to conduct a proper due diligence can advise these people on what next to do. Its a sad situation but it could have been avoided especially the 2 that refused to pay for a search that could have saved them millions of Naira in demolition problems.
Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by Everest21(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2015
I am indigene of ilepa, 30 yrs ago my dad used to tell me that there is a large portion of land acquired by obasanjo & sold to LUTH inside the bush along ilepa to igusi axis, I didn't take it as any thing that Would become life threatening because then we lived in Lagos and none of us knew that bush could become what it becomes now, negligence on the part of Ogun state government, LUTH And the buyers of the said land, they should have make proper investigation especially from ogun state government before purchasing lands & embarking on buildings.
I don't live in ilepa, am not one of the land owners, I sympathise with those that lost their properties & life. I Strongly advise that endeavour to make findings before buying landed properties May God be with us all amen. If there is life, there is hope.
Re: Peoples Home Being Demolish At Ilepa,onihale And Pakoto(ifo Local Govt) by lekansmar(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
Authenticity and Clearance Request

Hello Sir/ Ma,

My name is Olalekan. I am writing to inquire about Government intervention at Sangotedo, Ilepa 1 area, Ifo Local government.

I own two unfinished structures at Sangotedo area of Ilepa Akoko. I got information from the person who sold the two plots of land to me that my unfinished structures was marked by Ministry of Agriculture from Abeokuta and a verification of the owners was requested.

I am abroad and not sure of the authenticity of this, therefore I decided to write here.

Please, what is the true situation? What do I need to do considering I am unavailable for on-sight verification? Is this really from Ministry of Agriculture or Ministry of Urban and Regional Planning? Is money involved in this verification exercise? I couldnĀ“t find a Ministry of Agriculture directly, but a parastatal of Agricultural Development in Abeokuta.

Who is responsible on this matter?

Can someone give genuine information?

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS + VIDEO: Old Witch Caught In Oleh, Delta State / Pretty Lady Brutally Murdered And Dumped By The Roadside [PICS] / A Harmless Guy Was Gunned Down In Enugu This Afternoon Before Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.