Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport (34831 Views)

Grandma Caught With Cocaine At Lagos Airport (Photos) / Musa Murtala Is Not Dead, Receives N1 Million From Group.PICS / Nigerian Dupes New Zealand Lady N53m (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 04, 2015
An airport cleaner has been arrested with the sum of $271,135 (about N53m) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, it has been learnt.

The suspect was arrested by the aviation security personnel of the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria while trying to carry the huge sum of money through the screening point.

The airport worker, named Mr. Tijani Owolabi, works with one of the cleaning contractors at the airport, according to a FAAN statement.

The statement quoted the Deputy General Manager, Corporate Affairs, FAAN, Mr. Onyekwere Nnaekpe, as saying that some of the foreign currency was found on Owolabi while the rest was recovered from the sanitary bucket he was holding while trying to pass through screening machine.

Nnaekpe said the agency suspected that Owolabi was conveying the currency to an accomplice at the airside of the airport.

The statement by the FAAN read in part, “Aviation security personnel of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria today September 3, 2015 prevented the trafficking of a total sum of 271,135 American dollars through the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja.

“The sum was found on a worker with one of the cleaning contractors at the airport, Mr. Tijani Owolabi, during a pat down at one of the screening points at ‘D’ Finger of the international terminal.

“The airport cleaner who was suspected to be conveying the foreign currency to an accomplice at the sterile area of the terminal, was immediately apprehended by aviation security staff on duty and handed over to the appropriate security agencies at the airport for further investigation.”

The development came barely two weeks after an Arik Air flight attendant, Mr. Chika Udensi, was arrested at Heathrow Airport in London with 20 kilogrammes of cocaine.

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency later arrested his accomplice, Oliver Ikechukwu Chibuzor Oliver, an Arik Air catering worker, who smuggled the drug among catering supplies into the aircraft for Udensi.

NDLEA and other security agencies said they had increased security surveillance at the nation’s airports, especially the international airports.

www.punchng.com/news/cleaner-caught-with-n53m-at-lagos-airport/

5 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by kolomax(m): 3:56am On Sep 04, 2015
Chaiiii
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by phrancys001(m): 4:04am On Sep 04, 2015
Mumu clearner,an iboo clean the money all the way to his pocket sharply the owner go miss flight waiting for him.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Luckylife(m): 4:04am On Sep 04, 2015
hmmmmm is the smell of the ill gotten money that xposed him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by jazinogold(m): 5:13am On Sep 04, 2015
na wa o! d guy wan hammer by force

5 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by bigtt76(f): 5:13am On Sep 04, 2015
Serious security breaches on-going at the airports undecided not a good sign I would say

3 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by isadamu: 5:50am On Sep 04, 2015
The rate at which monies are being trafficked of late is alarming. If not anything, it clearly shows looters are afraid. This anti - corruption campaign seem on course and Baba is working afterall

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by osaslord500(m): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2015
That cleaner foolish sha oo, imagine me see 53m,den I go con allow dem catch me?? Impossible!!!

Need more space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by ArikeAriyo(f): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2015
shocked shocked Ewooo!!
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by 50desh(m): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2015
mtchewww

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by lonelydora: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2015
The cleaner and the accomplice no sharp at all.
53M and he allowed them to catch him.

Meanwhile, I thought they said stealing/fraud is only for Igbo people. I never knew other tribes are in it too. Before you quote me, I am 100% Biafran.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by tunwumi: 5:52am On Sep 04, 2015
angry

They are just using this to check for the lapses in the airport securities. Soon a major event is impending.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Sweetyie(f): 5:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Choiii. Well it could be his pension allowance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:53am On Sep 04, 2015
grin
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by adeyemi97(m): 5:53am On Sep 04, 2015
Loll
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Unikglo(f): 5:53am On Sep 04, 2015
shocked
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by nicholasis(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2015
She was very unlucky ..

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by omogidi234(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Enough money being seized everyday from Nigerians. Abeg let them return the money into our commonwealth.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:54am On Sep 04, 2015
Anyway...

Me rocking my birthday celebration!

3 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by GODSBEAUTY(f): 5:55am On Sep 04, 2015
Wonderful

5 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by naijathings(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2015
money do lossssst

over 50 milla GONE IN 60 SECONDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by omogidi234(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2015
Unikglo:
shocked

Fine girl like you. See what you posted.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by MakCoby(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2015
So unlucky.. Sorry dude sad
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by kennyman2000(m): 5:57am On Sep 04, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by uzo200(m): 5:57am On Sep 04, 2015
una no dae sleep?
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:58am On Sep 04, 2015
This country eh! The rich always using the poor. I am sure the owner ofnaira the cash would just have handed the poor cleaner a few wads of notesnaira if it was successful.

Now that the deal has failed, the rich guy will wriggle himself out and leave the cleaner to rot in jail.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by collyno1985: 5:59am On Sep 04, 2015
Naija

I hail oooo
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by kasley44(m): 6:00am On Sep 04, 2015
busted
Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by DankemzI(m): 6:01am On Sep 04, 2015
My Parents are not paid salary, but an individual will be moving about with stolen funds which would have gone a long way to provide for the nation

Imagine what 53m can do, if injected into one sector

5 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by allcomage: 6:02am On Sep 04, 2015
When cbn has blocked means of transfer,what means can business people use other than cash.cbn should review the policy.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport by mrvitalis(m): 6:03am On Sep 04, 2015
Lol if na me.. ... .. ........ ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Butchers His Step-mother With Machete In Osun State. Graphic Photos / Thief Who Was Caught Red Handed In The Act Re-enacts How He Breaks Into Houses / Suspected Yahoo Boy Spotted Stealing Panties From A Building (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.